Recommendations Suggest me some Tv-Series, Movies. Any language. Can be K-drama, american drama or anything.

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by absenior19, Aug 24, 2022.

1. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    Dune: Part Two
    2024 ‧ Sci-fi/Adventure ‧ 2h 46m

Summary:
    Paul Atreides unites with Chani and the Fremen while seeking revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the universe, he must prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.
    -

[​IMG]

2. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Shōgun
    2024 ‧ Drama ‧ 1 season
    -
    Set in Japan in the year 1600, Lord Yoshii Toranaga is fighting for his life as his enemies on the Council of Regents unite against him, when a mysterious European ship is found marooned in a nearby fishing village.
    -

-
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ---
    Finally, something good to watch after a while.
    Brutal, bloody, conspiratorial, and beautiful.
    So much to enjoy for me personally. It fits right into my taste.
    I highly recommend this.

By the way, there is brutality and nudity, so it's definitely not suitable for kids.
    For Brutality, You can refer to game of throne style imo. Though only 3 episodes are out for now. i watched them all. 1st episode set the tone directly.

3. LittleMushroom42

LittleMushroom42 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you by chance already see the series titled My Name? I thought it was pretty well made and the soundtrack was amazing too.

absenior19 likes this.
  4. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AlRawabi School for Girls Season 2
    AlRawabi School for Girls.jpeg
    alrawabi1.jpg ar.vogue_.jpeg ar.vogue.jpeg
    This Weak Girl Shifts Bullies' Lives, With Unseen Power

23.02.2024 #movie_story_plus #movie_story #Recaps
    In a school for girls called AlRawabi, which is for only rich girls, a girl seen as weak and poor confronts bullies in the restroom. Despite not having money, she cleverly plans to turn the tables on these bullies, aiming to earn their respect through her actions alone.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    absenior19 likes this.
  5. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Breathe
    2018 ‧ Thriller ‧ 1 season
    -
    Kabir, a crime branch officer, is looking for the person responsible for the death of organ donors.
    While he attempts to solve the case, he comes across an unlikely suspect, Danny.
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    P.S: He is not some psycho serial killer. he is just a father, ready to do anything for his kid. No matter who he need to kill or how many.

6. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Extreme Job
    2019 ‧ Comedy/Action ‧ 1h 51m
    To expose an organised crime group, a team of narcotics detectives goes undercover at a chicken restaurant.
    However, things change when one of their recipes becomes famous unexpectedly.
    -
    [​IMG]

-
    Good movie, fun time pass.

7. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Breathe: Into the Shadows
    "A father's love can save a life... or take one," sets the tone for a dark and gritty series.
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -
    A good 2 seasons, And a 3rd season is on the go. But yeah this one is watchable, enjoyable. But not as fun as Asur i recommended earlier. But still its a decent watch, in psychological thriller genre.
    Good for time pass. rarely you find it in indian cinema. So its a decent watch
    P.S: i finally finished last 2 ep as well. It has gone just above, being decent in my list now. But yeah can't match Asur at all still. That one just went too good with psychological thriller and you know dark gritty feeling, etc... type.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  8. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    The Gentlemen
    When aristocratic Eddie inherits the family estate, he discovers that it's home to an enormous weed empire, and its proprietors aren't going anywhere.
    -
    [​IMG]

-
    I really enjoyed the whole series. And i liked that it was not just another random heroic bs lol. It was good for light comedy and also for a crime drama, which obviously took a good turn as mc stayed , lets say not heroic in nature.
    Good and enjoyable series.
    Now i am waiting for its next season.

9. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Abbott Elementary
    FI2RyFHVEAEw4bk.jpeg FcoFDRGWYAA1md7.jpg FaYPxc3XgAAO_6e.jpeg GDqCKAMWcAApKla.jpeg

Willard R. Abbott Elementary School is a predominantly Black Philadelphia public school where a documentary crew is recording the lives of teachers working in underfunded, mismanaged schools. Conditions at the school are harsh and most teachers quit after their second year. Optimistic second-grade teacher Janine Teagues is determined to help her students despite the circumstances. She works with awkward, good-intentioned history teacher Jacob Hill; experienced, no-nonsense kindergarten teacher Barbara Howard; and experienced second-grade teacher Melissa Schemmenti, Barbara's close friend, who has questionable connections. They are joined by new school principal Ava Coleman, who is tone-deaf, unqualified, and uninvested, and recent substitute hire Gregory Eddie, who was rejected after applying for the position of principal.

Gregory Doesn't Like Pizza - Abbott Elementary

Janine Tells Jacob He's Corny - Abbott Elementary

"You're a White Teacher in a Black School."
    The Teachers Bring Out the 'Big Guns' to Stop Ava - Abbott Elementary

"Objects Don't Talk."
    principal ava running abbott elementary for 11 minutes

principal ava STILL running abbott elementary

10. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Source Code (2011)
    Action, Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
    Decorated soldier Captain Colter Stevens wakes up in the body of an unknown man, discovering he's involved in a mission to find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train.
    He learns he's part of a top-secret experimental program that enables him to experience the final 8 minutes of another person's life.
    Colter re-lives the train incident over and over again, gathering more clues each time.
    But can he discover who is responsible for the attack before the next one happens?
    -
    [​IMG]

11. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Parish
    Haunted by the violent murder of his son, Gray Parish finds himself thrust into an adrenaline-charged thrill ride through the criminal underworld; with no escape, the wrong way may be his only way out.
    -
    1 ep out, seems good for now. i hope he can grow to some ruthless crime lord, otherwise its just another boring guy trying to make some money and then trying to get out troupe.
    But lets see.
    For now its watchable.

12. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    The Empty Man
    2020 ‧ Horror/Crime ‧ 2h 17m
    When a young girl mysteriously disappears, James Lasombra, a former police officer, sets out to investigate the matter.
    In the process, he stumbles upon a dangerous cult that summons a demon.
    -

upload_2024-4-5_10-35-54.jpeg
    -
    A good movie, i enjoyed it. I also liked the ending. Well i liked it, so ig you already got some spoiler lol.
    Still its a good one. I will recommend it to you guys

13. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Hardcore Henry
    2015 ‧ Action/Sci-fi ‧ 1h 36m
    -
    Henry, a cyborg, is resurrected from the dead in order to save his creator and wife, Estelle. However, he soon learns he is up against a tyrant with telekinetic powers and an army of mercenaries.
    -
    -
    [​IMG]

-
    Summary is meh, but believe me movie is not meh.
    You are in for a ride, in this movie.
    This is quite a famous one imo, But if you do not know this, Then you should really try it.
    -
    This is like a real life video game with all the cool stuff in a 1st person pov mode.
    Really enjoyed it. Tho at start it kind of gave me a bit of a headache, But i got used to it after a while.

14. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Dune: Part Two
    2024 ‧ Sci-fi/Adventure ‧ 2h 46m
    -
    Paul Atreides unites with Chani and the Fremen while seeking revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the universe, he must prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.
    -

[​IMG]
    -
    I have only 1 word to say after watching now, WOW. Yes lol. 1st part, tbh i do not remember it being a great watch personally, but i think it was ok, decent. But this part 2 was really good.
    It shocked me, and became my top movie of this yr or maybe even past yr, that i watched.
    -
    imo do not for spoiler, simply watch the movie blindly and you are in for a ride.
    Even if not your type, it definitely will be worth a watch at the very least
    -
    And i liked how mc managed to grow up into calm mature self by the end. I hope to see some ruthless part in next upcoming parts
    And same, i hope to see those space time manipulation type powers as well, that i just found out exist in this world ( i read some wiki on abilities of the characters in novel, most likely next or in later parts of movies. )

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  15. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Rorschach
    2022 ‧ Thriller/Mystery ‧ 2h 30m
    -
    When Luke Antony's wife goes missing, he sets off to search for her and stumbles into the Balan family. However, terrorising events start occurring as Luke grows closer to the clan.
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -
    Good movie. I enjoyed psychological Thriller aspect of it. If anyone is interested in watching i will say, do not check out spoiler.
    And try to use brain in many places, small hints will be given in many places. This movie can have many ending and whats the actual reality, no one knows. But to get this info you will need to notice the hints given in the movie.

Overall enjoyable.

16. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Buried
    Paul is a U.S. truck driver working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.
    -

[​IMG]

17. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Midsommar
    Dani's psychological trauma affects her relationship with Christian, her lover. However, when they visit their friend's ancestral commune in an effort to mend things, it changes their lives forever.
    -
    [​IMG]
    -

-
    Watchable movie, can't say a very enjoyable or good one. As it didn't thrilled me or anything lol. But yeah i was also not bored.
    Ig this one just didn't fit well with me, but nonetheless a good watch for time pass.

18. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    The Stanford Prison Experiment
    In 1971, twenty-four male students are selected to take on randomly assigned roles of prisoners and guards in a mock prison situated in the basement of the Stanford psychology building.
    -

-
    [​IMG]

The Experiment
    Twenty-six people enrol in a psychological experiment wherein they assume the roles of prisoners and guards in an empty jail. However, what started out as a study soon spirals out of control.
    -

[​IMG]
    -

There are many adaptation of this event in movies. I shared 2. You can search more and decide which one you wanna see, by checking their trailers and stuff.
    Its a good pscyhological movie. But can't say its great. The 1st one i watched, was ok for a watch. Overall enjoyable.

3db likes this.
  19. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    The Event
    2010 ‧ Sci-fi ‧ 1 season
    -
    Follow a man who goes looking for his missing girlfriend and instead stumbles upon a government conspiracy in the US.
    -
    [​IMG]
    -

-
    If you enjoyed, LOST, then you will like this one as well. Its not same or similar, but has some similar vibe of mystery and how fate turns out. Tho this one is very funny, as aliens start fighting among themselves to save humans lmao ( when their 2.5billion aliens brothers are dying and they can save them, but still some will fight for humans and let those aliens die lmao. Its just a comedy series because of all teh stupidity it shows. )

But yes overall a enjoyable one. Can be watched, start is good. Then skim in middle and ending ( as plot went haywire a bit, and will not seem too realistic due to stupid writing and plot ).
    So its a good popcorn tv series.

20. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Parasyte: The Grey
    2024 ‧ Horror ‧ 1 season
    -
    People must rise to combat unidentified parasites after they violently take over human hosts and gain power.
    -

-
    [​IMG]
    -
    Good tv series, i usually do not see fmc. Its rare for me. And lol this fmc is really bad character, the type i dislike basically. Too much of a simp and weak type. Its basically a copy of Sweet home Season 1 simp mc.
    in either case, overall a good tv series for some fun popcorn time.
    But that is it. Watch it by shutting your brain down ok.
    -
    I am not hyped for s02, but yeah i will definitely watch it.

Extra info:
    This is not copy paste of anime or japan tv series. Koreans have adapted the core concept of parasyte existence and created a new plot with new character in new place, its a golbal attack by parasytes here. So its not weird, that they are in korea as well, as they are basically all over the world.
    And fmc will be weak, kind till the end, trust anyone, etc... type of character. Which is sad, as only reason i enjoyed anime, other than a new concept was cuz mc became ruthless and rational and stop being the simp guy, as that was brain dead and too childish even at that time for me, much less now, after so many years smh.

Final thought, i do not recommend this tv series as a good one. But if you got nothing better to watch or you do not care about being rational/ruthless or simp, then you are ok to watch