Mafia Vanilla Vanilla FM #3 - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Lemonfairy, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    Vanilla Vanilla FM #3

General Rules:
    1. Please be respectful to your fellow gamers. No personal attacks or trash talking another player’s skill level.
    2. Do not edit or delete any posts after you have posted them.
    3. Do not quote, screenshot, or otherwise post any private messages received from the host or anything related to the game anywhere while the game is ongoing.
    4. Do not discuss the game outside the game thread until the game has ended. This includes private communication with other players in the game that is not authorized by the host.
    5. Do not use information from outside of the game in the game (e.g., using last activity, online status, etc. as a reason for determining someone’s alignment).
    6. Do not throw the game or go against your win condition. Self-voting is not allowed.
    7. Do not use any sort of code or encryption during the game.
    8. Do not post in any language other than English.
    9. Do not post in thread outside of designated daytime discussion phases
    10. Do not post in thread if you have been executed or killed in the game
    11. Do not threaten to break any rules, discuss rule-breaking, or try to circumvent any rules.
    12. Do not discuss past or potential substitutions or modkills of your own slot or another slot in the game. You can reference substitutions or modkills that have already happened in passing, but they cannot be the main topic of discussion. You may alert the host about a potential need for substitution of your own slot or someone else's privately in your role PM.
    13. All players must make at least 5 game-related posts in this thread per day phase or be substituted/modkilled. Any players that consistently do not reach this standard over more than one game will be blacklisted from joining any future games I host.
    14. This is this game's hosting color. Do not use this color in this game.
    15. Rules may be amended at any time at my discretion but I will notify all players if it is a major change.

Game Details:
    1. Start of Day/End of Day is at 1:00 AM UTC
    2. Day Phases last 24 hours each. Night Phases last 24 hours each.
    3. Alignment and roles will be revealed upon death.
    4. Mafia night kills are mandatory. If no mafia night kill is submitted, a random town will be killed.
    5. Mafia night kills need to be assigned. If there is nobody assigned, it will be randomized.
    6. Voting for "No Exe" or "Sleep" is allowed.
    7. Tiebreaker is set to "Eliminate Random In Tie".
    8. Elimination comes from Plurality or Majority.
    9. Hammer is not in effect until XYLO.
    10. Votes are locked in XYLO.
    11. Mafia have 24/7 private communication outside of the game thread.
    12. All night actions (including mafia factional kill) are due 1 hour before Start of Day.
    13. This game is open, meaning all roles that exist in the game will be known to you.
    14. This game is not bastard. I will not lie to you about any setup information.
    15. There are 2 alignments in play: Town and Mafia

Town (7 players):
    • 1 Town Tracker
    • 1 Town Doctor
    • 5 Vanilla Towns
    Mafia (2 players):
    • 1 Mafia Rolecop
    • 1 Mafia Goon

How to vote:
    • Type /vote [player name] and then tag me (@Lemonfairy). Bolding the vote isn’t necessary, but it looks nice. Tagging me helps to make sure that I don't miss your vote.
    • Please write your vote at the beginning of a post, not in the middle or at the end.
    • Votes inside quotes or spoilers will not be counted
    • “Sleep” (or “No Exe”) is a valid option to vote.

Note: If you have any questions regarding your role, alignment, or win condition, please ask me in your role PM. Do not ask in the game thread.

Typhon likes this.
  2. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    Thread Summary
    SOD/EOD:
    1. SOD1 - Game Start
    2. EOD1 - Agentt Executed - Mafia Rolecop
    3. SOD2 - yurkin Night Killed - Vanilla Town
    4. EOD2 - Game End - Town Win
    Host Announcements:
    1. Host Announcement #1 - Reminder to tag host when voting
    2. Host Announcement #2 - trisscar subbed in for ikhors

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    Zone Q11 likes this.
  4. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    HOST ANNOUNCEMENT: It is currently pre-game and the thread is CLOSED. Please do NOT post here before the game starts. If you have any questions, you may ask them in your role PMs.

Role PMs will be sent out shortly.

UPDATE: All role PMs have been sent out. Here is your time until SOD1.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  5. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    Vanilla Vanilla FM #3 D1 Votecount

VotesTargetVoters
    9Not Votingiampsyx, ikhors, Typhon, yurkin, Esha07, Agentt, Zone Q11, Blitz, TiggerBane

7. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good day.

I guess I will open.

I role claim villager no power.

I 100% have no power of any kind.

Please nk me, since I am the best option to ensure town don't lose any power roles, but don't waste your mafia investigation power on role cop-ing either. It'd be a waste of time.

I am again tell you of the mafia team, i am 100% villager. please nk me.

ThIs is not a cleaver tick, or reverse psychology, don't over think it just nk me.

*blows kisses*

Seeya

8. ikhors

ikhors [ Servant Of Evil ]

Reading List:
    Link
    awesome! I'll be sure to come for you when it's time to nk! :sushi_peak:

Typhon likes this.
  9. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    /vote Typhon @Lemonfairy

Might as well get over this sooner than later. Claiming VT is never smart as Town because it narrows down the PR POE for Mafia, and if you are Mafia, then you're basically giving yourself the reason why you would be able to survive endgame; "Because why would Mafia kill a VT?"

If you're Mafia, then you ought to be disposed of now, and if you're Town, then you're throwing the game by claiming VT and asking Mafia to kill you, knowing fully well that no sane player would do that.

Like, assuming you are Town, then the only reason why Mafia would ever want to "help you out by killing you" is if they think you are actually Town PR trying to fake being VT and fake-baiting a kill.

The issue with that is: They have a Rolecop. They will never kill you N1, and instead they will check your role if they have the spare time to do so. If you're PR, then you're dead the night after you're checked. If you're VT, then you're ML bait for endgame.

Blitz and Agentt like this.
  10. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    80 minutes in, and I can already feel this game might not be as "lively" as I thought it might be...

I guess NUF FM is not as hype as it was around 2020. Makes sense, I suppose. Considering RL situation has been improving globally.

SOD/EOD is at 2 AM for me, so I'll go to sleep now. Tomorrow I will be working on a project, but I should be able to spend some hours into this game.

Typhon likes this.
  11. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    Vanilla Vanilla FM #3 D1 Votecount

VotesTargetVoters
    1TyphonZone Q11
    8Not Votingiampsyx, ikhors, Typhon, yurkin, Esha07, Agentt, Blitz, TiggerBane

12. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I presume you will have more insight once more people reply right?

13. yurkin

yurkin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwob: I slept thought SoD and expected to see something like more content soon™

14. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be the change you want to see in the world!

ikhors and yurkin like this.
  15. ikhors

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was meant to be taken more satirically and to push us somewhere for the SOD so semi treated it that way :blobcatthinkingglare:

16. ikhors

Reading List:
    Link
    Also do you plan on expanding on this?? or commenting on zone's thingie cuz i can't read the room qq

17. ikhors

Reading List:
    Link
    asking for the content like we're not the content!! Say something content worthy!

18. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I feeling sick or did I just not get enough sleep...:meowpuffydizzy:

Ok, a roleclaim intro from Typhon...has this guy ever done this before? Loading data...loading...Error! Due to low memory, data was corrupted and only partially recovered. :hmm: Okay, going through Typhon's parallel-lives' past games (Devils Advocate/Generic Archdemon/Omnifarious)(isn't 2024 a good time to rely less on meta? But then again, everyone's rusty so it's easier to fall back on past habits) it seems like he tends to be more proactive (throw out ideas, cook up some shenanigans) as wolf whereas as town he's more cautious and/or clueless. Caveat: there are some (there should be?) differences in the way he plays based on the account he's using (why do I feel like I've said this before? And/or he's used "omgg I don't know what's happening oh poor me" to trick me before) but this is his first game in this account (no apparent personality quirk based on posts — is Typhon based on the myth?) Anyway, roleclaim intro sus.

Ikhor's response is playful. And that tends to come from town (although ikhors has shown to be quite a tricky player...based on — hold up, Psyx what you smoking, she's never randed wolf before! Ehh? No way? Then who was that person I was thinking of...Reader? Only Reader? :notlikeblob: Mmmmm....ikhors...is the one with that friendly-rival thing going on with Esha, okok.) If ikhors has only played as town so far then yeah, she's good. Her recent posts seems ok as well.

Moving on to Zone...he votes back, but no roleclaim too? Huh. If he's graduated from that then I'm glad. He's got so many more games tho; I don't have the brain capacity to check them out. (Spirit of Cream, please give me motivation!! Cream: sorry, not available rn. You're on your own, kiddo. Psyx: noooooo) The response in voting Typhon feels...so logical and "safe". And the most memorable lesson from my 2023 games is that I should keep an eye out for people who are "handling the game with kid's gloves". So, that's sus as well. The comment on NUF FM not being hype feels like something that comes from bored/unmotivated town, though.

Typhon's reaction to Zone's vote...lacks emotion. Considering the roleclaim is 1000% sure to have been posted to fish for reactions, I'd be more disappointed if I were in his shoes. Psyx, why are you reverse-engineering Typhon's posts when you already know going inside his head is a written invitation for the nice people in white coats?

Yurkin's intro is relatable ngl. But nothing else.

Word vomit over, let's grill a sharkie.

/vote Typhon

19. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Hype hype wake up those dusty bones!

20. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Er... ok

I do not throw games

What do you think this is the scenario? Boiling it down to the essentials

Typhon has claimed VT.

1 Typhone is Mafia (Why claim VT?)
    2 Typhone is town but is PR (Why claim VT?)
    3 Typhone is town but is VT (Why claim VT?)

At the moment Zone has put forth.
    "you're dead the night after you're checked"
    1. mafia might kill me without checking N1, it's a gamble for the mafia because
    2. if I am PR, I have one night of using power.

"VT, then you're ML bait for endgame"
    would be assuming that
    1. after using role cop on me Mafia don't nk me till end game,
    2. I have no way of proving I am a town in the coming phases
    3. there is no tracker in the game. or the tracker dies too quickly or fails to track anyone effectively.
    4. I always vote poorly.
    5. I don't get lynched d2

there are 9 player
    how many possible phases are there?