Novel 《Remarriage: His Billionaire Ex-wife》—Leaving you will make my life better

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by T.H.Jessica, Nov 10, 2023.

1. T.H.Jessica

T.H.Jessica Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remarriage-His Billionaire Ex-wife.JPG
    Title:《Remarriage: His Billionaire Ex-wife》
    All chapters:272
    Brif:
    Jessica left her parents, left New York, and came to LA alone only to marry Lucas. Yet when she faces a crisis, Lucas saves another woman rather than her, as his wife. She then understands that it's time to leave.When Jessica reappears, she is no longer the country girl he thought she was, but a billionaire CEO.

Read all chapter on Google play books:
    https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=nT3REAAAQBAJ

uvodom67 and Meiro like this.
  2. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      "Trissy, please don't send any messages to Lucas late at night. He's my husband."
      Trissy was Lucas' first love, but she had married Lucas' elder brother, Max. Since Max died, Trissy had been pestering Lucas all the time.
      That troubled Jessica a lot, so she had to talk to Trissy in person.
      "Only legally. He is in love with ME. But you don't have to worry. I will make him leave you." Trissy sneered, not taking what Jessica said seriously.
      Today was the dinner for the announcement of the new CEO of the Thomas Group, the most famous enterprise in LA, to take over the affairs of the group.
      Justin Thomas, the original CEO, Lucas' grandfather, announced that the new CEO is Lucas in front of the entire upper—class circle in LA.
      Suddenly, the banquet was interrupted by some servants out in the garden.
      "Help! Help! Jessica and Trissy fell down the stairs!"
      People hurried to the garden. Before everyone else could react, Lucas had already picked up Trissy, who was unconscious on the floor.
      However, Lucas ignored his wife, Jessica, who was lying on the cold ground. Instead, Lucas carried Trissy and left without looking back.
      People finally came to their senses too and followed Lucas to the villa.
      After a long time, Jessica gradually came to her senses, she realized that she was lying on the cold ground. People had all left. Nobody cared about her life at all.
      Ever since married Lucas, Jessica had gotten used to being ignored by the Thomas family.
      Holding her sore arm, Jessica prepared to go back to her room to shower and check for cuts, but she had only reached the stairs when Lucas called out to her.
      "You are so vicious! How could you push Trissy downstairs? Don't you know she's ill?" Lucas looked at Jessica coldly. Jessica's whole body was full of dust.
      "How is Trissy? Lucas, listen to me. I didn't push her." Jessica explained eagerly.
      "Before she fainted, she said it was you that pushed her, and then she dragged you, that's why you both fell down the stairs together. I don't believe Trissy would lie." Lucas said angrily.
      "I didn't do that. Why don't you believe me?" With her eyes turning red, Jessica looked at Lucas sadly.
      "Isn't it just because Trissy was about to fall at the beginning of the party and I helped her, and you were jealous and looking for her to settle the score? Well I don't want to hear your sophistry. Keep your made—up story to Grandpa." Lucas ignored the despair in Jessica's eyes. He stood up and pulled Jessica's arm, intending to take her to the meeting room.

uvodom67 likes this.
  3. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      As the most beloved grandson of Justin Thomas as well as the future heir of the Thomas Group, Lucas had always been impartial. Besides, Lucas hated Jessica, his wife, a lot.
      "I can walk by myself." Jessica got rid of Lucas' hand with her painful arm.
      "Then follow up." Lucas didn't give Jessica a second look. He turned around and walked quickly to the meeting room.
      Looking at Lucas' tall figure from the back, Jessica felt she was overwhelmed by sorrow. She used to be so obsessed with Lucas, yet Lucas hated her so much.
      The announcement procedure of the new CEO was interrupted. Justin was furious.
      Thus, when Justin saw Jessica walk in, he directly threw his mug over. The hot coffee splashed all over Jessica. Jessica couldn't help but cry out in pain.
      Justin yelled at Jessica, "You son of a bitch."
      Jessica asked calmly, "I don't know what I've done wrong."
      Justin looked at Lucas angrily and said, "Lucas, are you waiting for me to explain to your wife?"
      "If you can't calm Grandpa down today, I'll divorce you." Lucas kicked Jessica in the knee, causing her already painful legs to sit limply on the ground because they couldn't take the force.
      "I am your wife! How can you do this to me?" Although Jessica knew that Lucas did not love her, she could not bear it when her husband, to whom she had been married for three years, was so merciless to her.
      Jessica felt a sharp pain in her knees, even though it was far less than the pain in her heart.
      "Jessica, if you confess to Trissy and are willing to accept punishment, I may still allow you to stay in this house," Justin said to Jessica.
      "I already said that I didn't push Trissy, so I won't apologize."
      Before Jessica could finish, Justin had already thrown another mug over.
      The mug shattered on the ground, and the shards hit Jessica, but she did not move.
      "Lucas, I hope you can persuade your wife. For God's sake, Trissy is still in a coma in the hospital. What a poor child!" Justin stood up and left the meeting room.

uvodom67 likes this.
  4. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      "Jessica, get up now. The shards are all over you." After Justin left, Rebecca, Lucas' mother, hurried over, trying to help Jessica up.
      "Mom, wait." Lucas reached out to stop Rebecca. He then looked down at Jessica and asked, "Did you hear what Grandpa just said? Do you know what you have done wrong now?"
      "Lucas, I think I've made it very clear. I didn't push Trissy. I did nothing wrong."
      Although Jessica was trembling with cold, she looked at Lucas firmly. She wouldn't give in.
      "Then from today you don't live in Thomas house, people like you don't deserve to be in the same house as us!" Lucas nodded at the butler, beckoning him to come over and take Jessica away.
      Rebecca shook her head in disagreement and said to Lucas, "Jessica is your wife. How can you treat her like that?"
      "Such a vicious woman can't be my wife," Lucas replied coldly.
      Jessica suddenly felt a shooting pain in her heart. Originally, she planned to show Lucas the evidence so that Lucas would know he had blamed her wrongly. But now, she decided not to bother.
      With that, Lucas left without looking back.
      As Lucas walked away, Jessica felt that her feelings for Lucas were perishing as well.
      The butler glanced at Rebecca. Lucas was second only to Justin in the Thomas family, so the butler did not dare to disobey Lucas. The butler bowed slightly to Jessica, who was sitting on the ground, and said, "Jessica, please do not make things difficult for me."
      "Go tell Lucas that I'm not going anywhere. I'm going back to my room to take a shower and change my clothes." Jessica said as she stood up. She shook off the shards on her pants and calmly walked upstairs, leaving Rebecca and the butler in surprise.
      When Jessica got back to her room, she checked her wounds first, and luckily she only scraped a little skin on her arms and legs.
      She gave herself medicine and changed into clean clothes, then she packed her belongings one by one into her suitcase.
      After all this was done, Jessica sat at the dressing table to comb her hair, when Lucas suddenly stormed in.
      Before Jessica could say anything, Lucas pulled her wrist, almost making her fall from her chair.
      "Lucas, are you out of your mind?"
      "I'm not, but you are. You hurt Trissy, and you don't think you've done anything wrong." With indifference in his eyes, Lucas said fiercely, "Jessica, the first thing Trissy did when she woke up was ask us not to blame you, saying that it was her own actions that made you misunderstand, and you continue to feel no guilt about hurting her!"

5. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      "That's enough!" Jessica felt that Lucas almost broke her wrist. She struggled and shouted, "She rolled down the stairs by herself, I didn't touch her at all!"
      Lucas froze at her words, and Jessica took this chance to get rid of Lucas' grip.
      Jessica stumbled to her feet, looked at the guy she used to love, and said calmly, "I know you don't believe me, so let's get a divorce, Lucas."
      Lucas thought that his anger would make Jessica yield. However, not only did Jessica not confess, but she even asked for a divorce.
      With that, Jessica opened the door and left. She moved slowly because she felt sore all over her body.
      But even so, she still did not look back at Lucas.
      "Jessica! Where are you going?" Lucas' sister, Olivia saw Jessica heading out with her suitcase and she asked loudly, "You're not stealing from the house and trying to go out and sell it, are you?"
      "Olivia, what are you talking about?" Rebecca frowned and nudged Olivia.
      "I don't care even 1 bulk of Thomas'." Jessica retorted in a rare moment, and Olivia immediately got angry and tried to argue with her, but Jessica had already turned around and left.
      Jessica took her suitcase and left the Thomas villa. Standing outside the gate, Jessica called her friend Hannah.
      Shortly, Hannah drove over.
      "Why are you standing here alone? Did Lucas drive you out? That bastard!" Hannah asked as she quickly got out of the car and ran to Jessica.
      "I decided to leave. Hannah, I want a divorce." Looking at Hannah, Jessica said.
      "Are you sure?" Gazing at Jessica, Hannah tried to figure out how determined Jessica was. As Jessica's friend, Hannah knew how much Jessica loved Lucas.
      Jessica nodded hard, and Hannah breathed a sigh of relief. "Darling, finally! Lucas is not worthy of you at all. Let's get out of here. Don't be sad. Let's find a bar and have some fun so that you can get over that dickhead."

6. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      When Jessica woke up, it was already the next morning. She had a French feast with Hannah yesterday evening, and then had some drinks and danced the whole night. They got home early in the morning.
      Jessica felt as if she had been crushed by a car after a hangover. She felt weak and sore.
      Hanna walked into Jessica's room with a glass of milk and handed it to her. "The news on the Internet spreads fast."
      "Really? Where is my phone?" Jessica took a sip of milk and took over her phone, handed over by Hannah. Jessica logged in to Twitter and started swiping.
      The top of the trending topics was about Jessica pushing Trissy downstairs at Justin's annoucement banquet. Jessica swiped her phone and read the comments casually. Almost all were scolding Jessica for being vicious. And some people exposed Jessica's ordinary background, saying Jessica was not worthy of a rich person like Lucas. Some even assumed that Jessica might have played some tricks to marry into such a wealthy family.
      The public was particularly interested in the scandal of the rich families while Trissy happened to enjoy exposing her life to the public. This made the Thomas family almost become a second Kardashian.
      "Jessica, don't be sad because of these harsh comments." Hannah comforted Jessica.
      "Sad?" Jessica smiled. She then took out a document from her bag and handed it to Hannah, "Take a look."
      Hannah opened the folder in confusion and realized it was a divorce agreement. She looked at Jessica in surprise and quickly browsed through the contents of the document. "Sweetie, why did you give up on the alimony? Lucas should pay it!"
      "I don't care about the money. Come on, get the car key and we'll go to Lucas' office later." Jessica finished the milk in one gulp and walked into the bathroom with her cosmetic bag.
      Three years had passed and Jessica didn't want to wait for Lucas anymore.
      An hour later, Jessica walked directly into the Thomas Group's office building in Los Angeles with the divorce agreement. Lucas, who was sitting in his office, was also informed of Jessica's arrival by his secretary.
      Jessica walked directly to Lucas' office in her high heels. She knocked on the door and pushed it open before the door was answered. She casually threw the document on Lucas' desk and said, "Tomorrow at 9 o'clock, we'll go through the divorce procedures. I hope you will be there on time," without the gentle tone all along.
      With that, Jessica turned around and left without hesitation.
      Sitting at his desk, Lucas saw Jessica off. His eyes gradually darkened. He reached out and took the divorce document. Jessica had already signed it.

7. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      The regulations on it were very clear that Jessica had given up on any property of Lucas, including the alimony.
      Lucas couldn't help but sneer. That woman wanted nothing?
      How could Jessica be so assertive?
      Or perhaps Jessica was just pretending, trying to make Lucas feel that she didn't give a damn about his money?
      Lucas decided to see if Jessica was really going to divorce him the next day or if she was just playing some tricks.
      Jessica left the office building in a great mood. She originally thought that she would be sad when the two of them had to part ways, but she was surprisingly calm.
      Perhaps Jessica had been disappointed too many times. Now that she had decided to part with Lucas, she felt more than relieved.
      Jessica walked to the car and knocked on the window. Hannah was answering the phone, and when Hannah saw that it was Jessica, she hurriedly opened the door.
      "Who is that?" Jessica got in the car and fastened her seat belt, then she raised an eyebrow at Hannah.
      "Caesar and Lance, I'll tell them the good news, you're free now, and we can get together more often from now on."
      "That's for sure." Jessica smiled.
      At this time, Jessica's phone also rang, she glanced at the phone screen, it was an unfamiliar call.
      Jessica picked it up with some confusion.
      "Hello, Miss Hall, I am Mr. Hall's assistant Wendy. I will be your assistant from today onwards." A gentle woman's voice came from the other side of the phone.
      Jessica froze for a few seconds before saying to the phone, "Did Daddy ask to call me?"
      "Yes, Mr. Hall said that you are welcome home anytime." When Jessica heard Wendy's words, her eyes instantly moistened.
      Three years ago, Jessica was determined to marry Lucas. Her parents and friends were all against it, but Jessica insisted on it. She believed that if she treated Lucas sincerely, she would be treated the same way in return.
      Yet in the end, the past three years only proved how wrong Jessica is.
      It turned out that Lucas married her not because he loved her, or he admired her, but because Jessica was Lucas' second choice when Trissy was not an option.
      Thinking of that, Jessica's tears finally flowed down.

8. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      Jessica suddenly cried, making Hannah, who was beside her, feel sad. They had been friends since they were little.
      For so many years, Jessica had always been a smart and noble young princess. Hannah had never seen Jessica being ill—treated like now.
      It was all Lucas Thomas' fault!
      A few minutes later, Jessica gradually calmed down. She took the tissue and wiped her tears. She took out a mirror to fix her makeup. Jessica quickly adjusted her mood and turned to look at Hannah. She asked, "Hannah, I heard that your cousin knows reporters from the Los Angeles Times? Is he interested in an exclusive report?"
      "No problem, I will call my cousin Eden right now." Hannah froze for a moment and then figured out what Jessica planned to do. Hannah then took out her phone.
      Jessica nodded and looked out through the window.
      After three years, Jessica finally accepted the fact that she could not replace Trissy in Lucas' heart. She lost.
      However, Jessica would not let the Thomas family get away with the ill—treatment she had received in the past three years.
      "Do you want to hang out tonight?" After Hannah hung up the phone, she turned to look at Jessica and asked.
      "Nope. Tomorrow is a big day." Jessica smiled.
      Jessica went to bed before ten in the evening, yet Hannah didn't stop quarreling with the strangers who blamed Jessica on Twitter. Thus, Hannah had trouble getting up the next morning.
      When Hannah rubbed her eyes as she walked out of the door, Jessica was already ready to go.
      Today, Jessica had a simple and sexy outfit. She wore a loose dark brown sweater, with her long blonde hair down on her shoulders, and a pair of dark blue denim pants. The black high heels she wore revealed her slender ankles.

9. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      Hannah nodded in satisfaction and said, "Go, say goodbye to the past and embrace the future."
      Jessica opened the door with a smile and walked out of the room.
      When Jessica arrived at the entrance of the court, Lucas had not arrived yet. Yesterday, she had already asked the lawyer to submit the divorce application to the court. Thus, she only needs to go through the process today.
      Five minutes later, Jessica saw Lucas walking in from outside the gate.
      Lucas, as usual, was dressed in a suit and leather shoes, his angular face expressionless.
      When Lucas noticed Jessica's gaze, he tilted his head slightly and looked coldly at her. In the past, Jessica would always immediately get close to him, but this time, she just stood there still, not intending to move at all.
      Lucas had to walk toward her.
      "Good morning Mr. Thomas, the judge is already waiting for us." Jessica nodded moodily toward Lucas.
      "Have you thought it through?" Lucas' face darkened, he thought Jessica was feigning relief.
      "I have." Jessica answered, word by word.
      Lucas looked gloomy. He frowned and said, "Very well. I hope you won't regret it in the future."
      After the divorce, Jessica would no longer be a member of the Thomas family, and she could not live a luxurious life anymore. Lucas thought that Jessica would definitely regret it when life became hard for her.
      The two did not speak again and walked into the court together.
      When they came out again, the two were no longer husband and wife. They were like strangers. After all, they could not even be considered friends.
      Lucas looked at Jessica and said, "Even though we are divorced, Trissy was hurt because of you, I think you should at least go to the hospital and take care of her until she recovers."
      A cold wind blew by, and Jessica felt that the wind was not as cold as her heart. Jessica found herself a fool that she once thought Lucas could stand on her side.
      Jessica tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at Lucas. "What? Can't the Thomas family even afford an escort anymore? If that's the case, I'll pass on the divorce gift I prepared for you to Trissy, and I hope she receives it for a speedy recovery."
      With that, Jessica took one last look at Lucas and left.
      Lucas looked at Jessica's tall and graceful figure from the back. He found that he had never sized Jessica up properly in all these years. Somehow, the thought troubled Lucas.
      Lucas never thought about divorcing Jessica, though he was not very willing to marry her.
      Now that they were really divorced, Lucas felt a bit sad as if he had lost something. But he quickly adjusted his mood. After all, Jessica was just a woman he was not in love with.

10. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      When Jessica returned to Hannah's place, Hannah had already cleaned up the house. Hannah was putting the fried steak onto a plate, and the red wine was on the table as well.
      "Welcome back!" Hannah looked at Jessica excitedly. "Let's have a lavish meal today and hang out tonight."
      Jessica sat down in front of the table and smiled at Hannah. "No, I'm leaving LA tonight."
      Three years ago, for the sake of Lucas, Jessica had left New York, where her parents lived.
      Now that Lucas and Jessica were done, she didn't want to stay in LA anymore.
      However, before leaving, she had to send the divorce gift she had prepared, so she said to Hannah, "You can get someone to send out the audios I sent you."
      Hannah said excitedly, "No problem, I've been waiting for you to say that. Wait for me, I'll make a call now. Let's go back to New York together tonight!"
      "Aren't you having fun here with Mona?" Jessica asked, surprised to hear her say that.
      "I haven't been back to New York in years, either, and my parents miss me." Hannah waved her hand.
      Jessica knew that a girl like Hannah, who was brought up in a rich family, didn't need to worry about money at all. The reason why Hannah opened a studio in LA is to be here with Jessica. Jessica was touched by what Hannah had done for her.
      At eight in the evening, Jessica and Hannah arrived at the airport and boarded a plane to New York.
      At the same time, a well—known reporter from the Los Angeles Times released a video on YouTube. The video showed how Jessica and Trissy falling downstairs at Thomas' family banquet.
      In the video, Jessica didn't even touch Trissy at all. It was Trissy with a smug smile on her face who walked up the stairs herself, and she dragged Jessica down too before she fell. Their conversation could be heard clearly as well.

11. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
     "Trissy, please don't send any messages to Lucas late at night. He's my husband."
      "Only legally. He is in love with ME. But you don't have to worry. I will make him leave you.
      "As long as I tell Lucas that you pushed me, the Thomas family will believe me. Your explanation will be useless. Do you know why? Don't you know who you are? Do you think a ordinary person is qualified to be a member of the Thomas family?"
      As soon as the video and audio were released, the entire social network was boiling. The scandal in the Thomas family was still among the hottest topics, yet a reversal then came. People were all shocked.
      Soon, the news reached Lucas. After watching the video, Lucas remained silent at his table with a grim face.
      Then, Lucas' secretary told him that Jessica emptied her Twitter, leaving only one tweet, saying "Happy divorce to you!"
      Jessica announced their divorce in such a way, especially after the truth comes out. How ironic! It made the Thomas family ridiculous.
      The atmosphere in the office was so depressing that people even found breathing hard. Lucas, who was sitting at the desk, wore a grim face.
      "Remove it now!"
      "I'm sorry, Mr. Thomas. I've already contacted the public relations company. It can't be removed." The secretary felt nervous.
      Well done, Jessica!
      With a stern face, Lucas reached for his phone. He was about to call Jessica when his phone suddenly rang.

12. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      Lucas stared at his phone. His face turned grim when he saw who was calling him. Lucas paused a bit before he pressed the answer button and said, "Grandpa."
      "Did Jessica post that video online? Where is she now? Tell her to delete the video and take her home!" Justin's deep voice was filled with anger.
      "I see, Grandpa." Lucas hung up the phone and dialed Jessica's number. A cold system message came from the phone. "Please leave your message after the beep."
      Thomas Group's stock price had been falling ever since the scandal of Trissy and Thomas family was posted online. Justin's blood pressure rose out of anger, but Lucas could not reach Jessica at all. Lucas could only go home by himself to face Justin's fury.
      "Where's Jessica Thomas?" Justin asked loudly when he saw Lucas coming alone.
      "Grandpa, I divorced Jessica already, so she's not Jessica Thomas anymore," Lucas said with a frown.
      "I don't care if you've divorced or not. The company's stock price is dropping rapidly. You are the CEO now. Show me your capability to solve crisis. In addition, what Jessica did disgraced our family's fame. I want her to declare the facts and apologize in a press conference!"
      "I will handle it. Grandpa, take care." Lucas did not explain much. He glanced at the butler and left. After getting into his car, Lucas said to the driver, "To the hospital."
      Currently, it was basically impossible to make Jessica apologize and clean up the scandal. Besides, he was too occupied to have Jessica located. But Justin made a fair point. Lucas did need to solve the current crisis of the Thomas family.
      In the whole thing, Jessica played one part while Trissy played another.
      Trissy was in the hospital at the moment. She was shocked to see the widely spread news.
      She had never thought that Jessica would keep such solid evidence.
      Now that this video was exposed, it was difficult for Trissy to stay in the Thomas family.
      Was Jessica out of her mind? Was Jessica trying to destroy both Trissy and herself?
      Just as Trissy was freaking out, someone walked into her ward.
      It was Lucas. Lucas stared coldly at Trissy and asked, "Is what's in the video true?"
      In fact, Lucas didn't need to ask. The video proved to be unedited. He just wanted to hear Trissy's explanation.
      To Lucas' disappointment, Trissy was no longer as calm as she used to be. Instead, she explained nervously, "No, it isn't. Lucas, listen to me. It's Jessica. Jessica made me say that. Trust me."
      Trissy reached out trying to grab Lucas' arm.

13. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      After hearing Trissy's explanation, Lucas' face darkened. Holding his anger deep inside, Lucas said to Trissy, "Pack your things up. I will have someone send you away from LA tomorrow."
      "No, no, no! Lucas, I don't want to leave LA. Max will be sad in heaven, he must not want me to leave his home."
      Trissy knew that the Thomas family was about to give up on her. Once she left LA, she would no longer be related to the Thomas family.
      Trissy begged Lucas while hating Jessica in her heart, if this woman was not too crazy, she would not have lost this luxurious life now.
      However, Lucas did not respond. Instead, he left the ward without looking back.
      This news had been spread on the Internet for three days and had become known to almost everyone. Those people who once laughed at Jessica now found her pitiful.
      Sending Trissy away wasn't of any help to the Thomas family. While Jessica couldn't be reached, which confused Lucas as well.
      Jessica couldn't be found anywhere. No one knew where she had gone. Jessica had canceled her phone number, bank card, and everything else in LA. The only information that could be found was that she had bought a ticket to New York on the night of the divorce.
      However, Lucas' assistant, Vincent, could not find any clues in New York, so he had to report it to Lucas.
      Sitting at his desk for a while, Lucas threw the material that Vincent had given him into the trash can.
      Well done, Jessica.

14. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      Three months later, in Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel Hotel.
      Jessica and her secretary Wendy had just taken their seats when they heard someone call out behind them, "Mr. Thomas."
      There were not many Mr. Thomases who were qualified to attend this business banquet in Los Angeles. Jessica subconsciously looked back.
      As expected, the person who came was Jessica's ex—husband, Lucas Thomas.
      What an unsurprising acquaintance!
      Wendy, sitting next to Jessica, stood up and greeted Lucas politely, "Mr. Thomas, this is Jessica Hall, general manager of the Hall Group."
      "Mr. Thomas, I've long been looking forward to meeting you." Jessica smiled and extended her hand toward Lucas.
      Lucas fixed his eyes on Jessica. She seemed to have become someone else. She looked vibrant. Her wavy chestnut hair, which used to be blond, was worn down on her shoulders.
      With a faint smile and a pleasant voice, Jessica looked polite and decent. She looked at Lucas as if she didn't know him at all.
      After the divorce, Jessica seemed to have been leading a good life.
      Lucas lowered his eyes slightly, matching her slight grip on Jessica's hand, but Jessica only touched his hand lightly before separating it.
      She withdrew her hand and took Wendy back to their seats. Lucas had never caught her attention since then.
      Yet Jessica didn't know that Lucas had been watching her all the time.
      After the banquet, Lucas saw Jessica leave and then retracted his gaze with a blank face.
      Lucas' assistant, Vincent, followed behind, not daring to breathe loudly.
      Back then, Lucas went out of his way to locate Jessica in LA but failed. Now, Jessica suddenly became the general manager of the LA branch in Hall Group and greeted Lucas as if they didn't have any history.
      Judging from Lucas' grim face, Vincent guessed that Lucas was not in a good mood. He told himself to stop thinking about it.

15. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      When Jessica reached the entrance of the hotel, her driver was already waiting for her there. Just as she was about to get into the car, she saw Lucas and his assistant Vincent coming out as well.
      However, Jessica wasn't going to greet them.
      Suddenly, a sharp voice came along. "What are you doing here? How dare you come back?"
      Jessica paused. She was so familiar with the voice. It was Lucas' younger sister, Olivia. In the past three years in the Thomas family, Olivia always picked on Jessica.
      When Jessica halted, Olivia rushed over.
      For the past few months, the entire Thomas family had become a joke in the elite circle, and Olivia had been ridiculed by her classmates quite a lot in school.
      Now that Jessica was here, Olivia got all her anger out. Olivia quickly walked up to Jessica and raised her hand, trying to slap Jessica in the face.
      However, before Olivia's hand could hit Jessica's face, Wendy caught it.
      Olivia looked up and saw Jessica staring at her coldly. "What a savage! Who are your parents?"
      Jessica raised her hand and slapped Olivia, said indifferently, "but I am very kind, I can help your parents to educate you."
      Jessica slapped hard. Vincent, who was not far away, glanced at Lucas timidly.
      Lucas' face turned stern. He walked toward Jessica and Olivia.
      Olivia cried with her hand covering her face when she saw Lucas walking over. "Lucas, Jessica's insane! That bitch just slapped me!"
      Jessica sneered. She looked at Lucas and said, "So this is Mr. Thomas's sister, ah, I'm really sorry, I overstepped my bounds."
      Lucas had never been challenged like that before. He was just about to speak when Jessica interrupted her.
      "I will keep my distance from you, and you should do the same too. You should know that I have a lot of gossip about the Thomas family. I think the elite circle will be very interested."
      Jessica opened the door and glared at Lucas. "Keep your people in line."
      Watching Jessica drive away, Olivia trembled with anger, while Lucas fell into an unusual silence.
      It had only been three months since they last saw each other, but Jessica had become a different person. Or perhaps, this was who she had always been?

16. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      This is the first time that Olivia suffered a loss. It was she who bullied Jessica all the time.
      Today Jessica actually slapped, so she ran to Justin as soon as she returned to the Thomas family's villa to complain.
      But Olivia was slapped by Jessica this time. So, as soon as Olivia returned to Thomas villa, she ran to Justin and complained.
      When Justin heard that Jessica had come back to LA, he was filled with fury again.
      Justin immediately called Lucas and asked him to bring Jessica over the next day so that she could kneel and apologize.
      "Grandpa, we are divorced." Lucas said calmly.
      "So what? She released the video. If we call the police, she will be thrown into prison!" Justin coughed as he spoke.
      "The police won't arrest her, because what she posted was exactly what had happened." Lucas was a little impatient.
      Justin froze for a moment. When Justin came to his senses, Lucas had already hung up.
      Lucas threw his phone on the sofa and lit a cigar.
      Three months after Jessica vanished, she came back as a formidable woman rather than Lucas' obedient wife she used to be.
      Just as Lucas took a puff of his cigar, his phone rang again. Feeling annoyed, he picked it up.
      It was his friend, Hari. The music on the other end of the line was deafening. Lucas frowned and almost wanted to hang up.
      "We are at LURE. You coming?" Hari sounded very excited.
      "No."
      "Really? Lucas, but Jessica is here too. Oh, and her new lover, quite a hot guy." Hari said.
      Jessica was dragged to LURE by Hannah, because Hannah, the nightclub queen, planned to celebrate her birthday there.
      As soon as Jessica sat down, Hannah brought over a man. As they approached, Jessica recognized the man. It was the guy she and Hannah knew from school, Caesar Kim.
      It had been a few years since Jessica last saw Caesar. He looked more handsome.
      "When did you come back?" Jessica looked at the tall man and raised her eyebrows.
      "Yesterday." Caesar sat down next to Jessica. He took two drinks and handed one to her.
      While they were recalling their old days in school, the staff of LURE moved the musical instruments and equipment to the stage. Hannah nudged Jessica and said excitedly, "Let's go and have some fun! Don't tell me you forgot how to sing!"
      "How could that be!" Jessica took the mic and spun them around a few times before following Caesar and Hannah onto the stage.

17. T.H.Jessica

Reading List:
    Link
      Lucas had already heard the deafening noise inside before he even entered LURE.
      He likes quiet places. To him, music like this was just noise.
      Lucas located Hari, who was watching the performance, and asked with a frown, "Where's Jessica?"
      Hari pointed at the stage and said, "There. The one singing at the center of the stage. Lucas, did you really divorce Jessica?"
      "Sure did." Lucas rolled his eyes at Hari.
      "Then you'll probably regret it!"
      Lucas' gaze fell on Jessica, who was singing. Under the spotlight, Lucas could tell that Jessica was no longer the dull girl she used to be.
      Lucas, who was always cool and aloof, was dumbfounded. He had never seen Jessica like that before.
      Jessica's voice rises and falls with the rhythm of the music, and all the people in the nightclub were fascinated.
      The performance was over. Jessica was talking to her friends when Hari suddenly appeared. "Jessica, you are a great singer!"
      Seeing Hari, Jessica's smile became fainter. "Hari, it's been a long time."
      "Indeed. It is." Hari was immersed in Jessica's performance, completely forgetting how much he had looked down on her.
      Hari was lost in his own world. He went on, "You know what? Lucas is here, too. He is right over..."
      As Hari spoke, he turned around to look for Lucas, only to see Lucas walking out of the door. Lucas was, after all, Hari's childhood buddy. Hari hesitate a bit but then decided to follow Lucas.
      However, before leaving, he said to Jessica, "Jessica, I'm into rock'n'roll, too. Perhaps we may talk about it someday."
      Hannah rolled her eyes and said, "We don't live in the same world. We can't talk."
      That sounded familiar, and Hari quickly recalled that this was what the young ladies said when they mocked Jessica in their gatherings before.
      Although Hari didn't say anything back then, he didn't help Jessica, either. Thus, Hari said somewhat embarrassedly, "I'm heading out."
      Before leaving, Hari couldn't help but look back. Jessica was still chatting with her friends. Jessica was still talking to those friends, and the smile on her face was so real, nothing like the one he had seen her with before.
      Could this be the benefit of divorce?
      Hari tore his eyes away from Jessica and quickly caught up with Lucas.

uvodom67 and N dark like this.