Spoiler 초상화 밖으로 한 걸음만 나와줘 / Take one step out of the portrait

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by cherry_pink, Aug 27, 2021.

1. cherry_pink

cherry_pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cover:
    [​IMG]
    Title: 초상화 밖으로 한 걸음만 나와줘 / Take one step out of the portrait
    Official raws: (link may not be accessible in PC)
    Author's twitter:
    쥬림 @forestinspace
    Synopsis:
    MTL:
    Illustration commissioned by author before being serialized in Kakao:
    Illustration of the two main characters and their family emblem.
    [​IMG]

SPOILERS:
    Before being serialized in Kakao, it was released in Joara up to 35 chapters. I remember reading it several months ago. I'm curious if anybody has read it after it was released in Kakao? Any Spoilers or changes from the Joara version?

Here's the stuff I remember from the Joara version:
    (Please note that these are not accurate since I used MTL when I was reading it that time. I apologize if I may have missed some important things)

Vivian Summers (Female Lead)
    -Vivi for short.
    -has pinkish-red hair and green eyes. Currently around 21-23 y/o.
    -illegitimate daughter. Has complicated feelings with her famous Big Sister. She loves-hates-loves and admires her at the same time. She wants her older sister's acknowledgement.
    -200 years ago the Summers's family was a well-known wizard/magical family but in the current era, the Summers's family is no more. Magic is also very rare and disappearing in the current era unlike 200 years ago.
    -Later it's revealed, that she actually inherited the powerful ancient space/time magic, more powerful than her older sister. But she only knows basic magic like making flowers appear.
    -Can travel in time using paintings that meets certain conditions. She's still figuring out how it works, she meets her ancestor later through a painting and helps her. It seems some members of the Summers’ family leave traces of time magic on certain objects. I forgot how the mechanics work, but they have to meet certain conditions to be activated.
    -has overflowing mana in her body and her heart can't handle it. It will burst. She needs help from a wizard that matches her mana to help her regulate it.
    -If she uses excessive magic she sometimes suffers from nosebleeds, fever, dizziness, fainting. Has a weak/frail body.
    -her life-span seems to get reduced when she uses her time magic.
    -She's finding out information on what happened to her older sister. Her older sister is believed to have died after supporting the wrong candidate for the throne. Those events happened after Vivi's death/disappearance 200 years ago. Edmund is helping her get information using his connections and money.
    -I am not sure if her sister sent her to the future for protection or to save her from dying or Vivi herself encountered a time slip or activated it unconsciously.
    -Vivi's goal is to travel back in time to save her older sister even at the cost of her life.
    -Currently staying with Edmund since she has nowhere to go in the current timeline. Summers's family has been eradicated. Their old house is now owned by Edmund.
    -Her relationship with Edmund is like.. "You don't really like "me", but the me in the portrait" and he's like: "No. You are even better than what I imagined"

Edmund Deer (Male Lead)
    -has blonde hair and silver gray eyes. Currently around 21-23 y/o. A handsome young man but his face is not Vivi's type.
    -Fell in love with Vivi's portrait when he was 10 y/o. Love at first sight.
    -Obsessed with Vivi. Likes to collect anything related to Vivi. His bedroom has a huge painting of Vivi.
    -His obsession with Vivi is pretty well known in the noble circle and a lot of people tried to send women who looks like Vivi to get his favor. But of course, no one can match Vivi in the portrait, until the real one actually appears, on his bed.
    -His current residence was originally the Summers's residence. His bedroom was originally Vivi's room. Yeah, he was that obsessed with Vivi that he even bought the house she used to live in. Although some parts had to be renovated after 200 years.
    -Owns a museum and owns “Vivi at the Festival” one of the most famous paintings of Vivi displayed there for others to see and admire.
    -very wealthy. His family is related to the current Royal family. Cousin's with the prince. He is living separately from his siblings. When he bought Vivi to a party, his relatives were also there and when they saw Vivi, they were worried if Edmund's obsession went overboard and thought of Vivi as a fake or if Edmund was being fooled by an imitation. Vivi neither claims she's real nor fake and doesn't care what they think. But she seems to get along with a female relative, I am not sure if this was Edmund's sister or cousin. The Prince is doubtful of her identity.
    -He brings Vivi to an auction to buy a very expensive self-portrait of Vivi's older sister. Gave it to Vivi as a gift. Also helped find Vivi's sister secret atelier in the mansion and renovated it for Vivi.
    -I'm not sure if he knows Vivi's life span gets reduced when she uses her magic. Because even if Vivi is expressing her desire to go back and his reluctance to let her go, he still helps her somehow. Example: Upon Vivi's request, he bought her to a gallery that only royal family members can enter. Vivi found a painting with remnant magic that she can enter after meeting certain conditions (like the time/rainy weather) and using the painting she went back in time to meet her ancestor who also has time magic similar to her.
    -Doesn't want Vivi to disappear (since Vivi just appeared suddenly, he's worried she'll also suddenly disappear)
    -I remember him trying to seduce/tempt (unconsciously and intentionally) Vivi in various ways to keep her by his side.
    -Since Vivi's body is weak, he often stays by her side, especially when Vivi has a fever. He is very kind and sweet to Vivi. But sometimes likes to tease her too.
    -He likes art related things

Yuri (I forgot his surname and I am not sure if his name is read as Yuri or Yuli)
    -has black hair and blue eyes. I think he was a few years older than Edmund and Vivi. Maybe 25 y/o?
    -Adopted and current heir of a family known for magic. Magic is pretty rare in the current era and he is known as a rare young genius wizard. He was the chosen heir because he has the strongest magic in the family.
    -Often visits the gallery were Vivi's painting is displayed.
    -When Vivi fainted due to a sudden mana surge, Edmund invited Yuri to check on Vivi
    -When Edmund ask Vivi's ideal type of man, Vivi replied in terms of looks, she likes black hair and blue eyes. Which annoyed Edmund when he saw Yuri, Vivi's exact ideal type. lol.
    -resembles a man Vivi used to know from long ago. Thought to be his descendant but actually...
    -he was originally Vivi's fiancé from 200 years ago.
    -Vivi has no deep feeling towards him and treats him like a friend and brother. But she does like his face and it's her current ideal type.
    -Came from a family of magicians/wizards. A famous clan similar to the Summers. The current family he was adopted in is different from his original family.
    -One of the reasons why he got engage with Vivi is because he can help regulate the overflowing mana in Vivi's body. His mana and Vivi's mana are believed to be compatible with each other and they synchronize.
    -After Vivi "died" there was a huge battle for the throne among the Royal candidates. The candidate they chose to support lost the fight and they were to be executed. Vivi's sister escaped somewhere, while Yuri's family was wiped out and he was the only survivor. It seems he joined a rebel army after.
    -After a while she met Vivi’s sister in a forest and they talked about some stuff/plans, and Vivi's sister revealed that Vivi isn't dead. Vivi was sent to the future by her for some reason (not sure if it's her or Vivi encountered a time slip). She reveals that Summers's family true power lies in the space/time magic, and that Vivi inherited that special and powerful time magic.
    -Vivi's sister sent Yuri to the future to find and protect Vivi. The magic she performed was complicated, can only send one person and will require a sacrifice/exchange.
    -When he time traveled, he woke up in a mansion in form of child. He was found fainted in front a painting surrounded by blood.
    -there seems to be hidden time magic that Vivi's sister activated in that painting. I am not sure if Vivi's sister lived or died after doing that or her life became an exchange to allow Yuri to time travel
    -He was waiting for several years for Vivi to appear in the current timeline. Wants to use Vivi's powers to save his clan. He cares for Vivi as a sister/friend but his family/clan is more important.
    -I think he was the one who mentioned the time magic when he got a chance to talk with Vivi during the hunting event in the forest. So Vivi got the idea to travel back in time. He had difficulty getting in touch with her because of Edmund. He had to send secret messages/hints.

Vivi's sister (I forgot her name sorry)
    -Her hair color was compared to a wheat field
    -Famous powerful wizard during Vivi's era. But during Edmund's era, she's a well-known painter.
    -Painting is her hobby. In the current era, her muse is known to be her little sister Vivi. 200 years ago, Vivi is known as an illegitimate child, she rarely goes out to socialize and her body is weak due to her uncontrollable mana.
    -Has a strange obsession with her little sister Vivi. She's known to be cold and strict and not very affectionate. Always tells Vivi not to shame the family and looks coldly at Vivi.
    -Vivi thinks she's disliked by her big sister like her father who often ignores her. But her famous painting "Vivi at the Festival" seems to imply otherwise. Because Vivi remembers the event the painting depicted. It was that one time she snuck out of the mansion due to anger, frustration and heavy pressure from her family. She went to the festival for commoners, and danced with them, a place where she's not known as the illegitimate daughter of a famous family, but just "Vivi." No one should have known this and is one of her secrets and important memory of being "free". But the painting shows she was watched carefully as if the person painting was with her.
    -She has a strange way of showing her love to Vivi. She's actually possessive towards Vivi. I think that's why she doesn't want Vivi to go out often not because she's ashamed of Vivi being her illegitimate sister.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Peachyxist likes this.
  3. lazyfujo

lazyfujo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looks interesting! camp, camp, camp!

neru74 and jkumi7 like this.
  4. Hoque99

Hoque99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looks interesting! camp, camp, camp!(2)

5. aqilwall

aqilwall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. interesting. I am going to read this one. Saw there are 110 chapters in KKP. Got very high rating of 10.
    ML saw the portrait when he was 14 and he loved her for 10 years so ML was probably 24. FL died when she was 20-21 year old.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  6. Kyyiiq-q12

Kyyiiq-q12 Simp for obsessive MLs and Yanderes

Reading List:
    Link
    When you do read this can you give some spoilers pls :aww:

7. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    Edmund walked into his bed room and saw a woman on his bed. They stirred at each other and the woman said, "where is it?"
    (Well he had her picture hanging above his bed. This was crazy obsession.) So Edmund told her that this was his house and confessed to her that he was in love with her picture for 10 years.
    Later Edmund took Vivi to see her famous picture painted by Sasha. She was shocked that people in the future thought that she was her sister's muse. She said her sister didnt like her. Later she came back home and read the history book about Sasha and found out that Sasha died because she sided with the 4th prince and the prince died. Sasha was executed and so does the whole family.
    Vivi thought that she was non existed person so she wanted to become something meaningful. She thought she was in the future so she could go back in to her time and save her sister's life. When Vivi said she wanted to go back and Edmund was angry. He said she had to stay with him. Vivi said Edmund had similar vibe (obsessiveness) as her sister. ( Was he her sister in this timeline?????)
    Vivi couldn't control her mana when she argued with Edmund so vomit blood and fainted. Ed called Yuri a few days later to heal her. (last timeline he was Yuri Jewer. This time line he was Yuri Zion.)

Ed and Yuri were competing for the president post during the academy days. Yuri (junior) was 2 year older than Ed (freshman) so he got elected first. After he left academy. Ed was elected as the president.
    Being Ed, he was jealous of Yuri that he was Vivi' cup of tea and Yuri knew about her illness when Ed didnt know.

"What's wrong?"
    "I'm bored".
    Edmund frowned with an emaciated face because he couldn't even sleep properly.
    Not long ago, I wanted to ask Edmund, who was dragging around and asked him why he didn't tell him that he was sick, went away.
    In fact, when I see a kid standing on the wall with that look on his face, who will quit everything and take me around right away when I say I'm bored, he definitely seems busy.
    “Go around the mansion and look at some paintings.”
    "The weather is so nice, it's a waste to just stay in the mansion." What are you doing over the weekend? "Do you want to go on a picnic together?"
    "·······I have something really urgent ."
    "Oh!"
    And I said that a few days ago. I nodded coolly to talk about my open mouth.
    "Let's go when it's over".
    "When it's over, the season will be over".
    "No."
    The words got shorter and shorter as you can see from the lack of sleep. Even during the conversation, I laughed as if I were out of my mind for a moment. My sister walked around the mansion at the end of the year with this expression.
    I' m sorry to take this kind of kid outside and play.
    "I can go alone."”
    It's a picnic anyway. And this city is where I was born and raised. I'm not a child, and I'm not as static as I was 200 years ago. So I thought it would be okay to go out alone.
    However, Edmund nailed it from the beginning that it was not allowed to go out alone.
    "Honestly, I think it's overprotection."
    As soon as I finished talking, Edmund's expression blurred.
    "Are you going to be like this between us?"
    "Oh my, dear." You're talking as if we're in some kind of relationship.
    I said Edmund smiled and held my fingertips with a stretch of arms. And I bowed down and kissed my finger and looked up drowsy.
    "Lady Summer". Have you forgotten our intense time last night?"
    Do you want to try it? His face shone emaciated even in the midst of talking nonsense in sleep. Rather, he was emaciated, so his handsome face developed a sense of depth, and a little decadent beauty was smeared.
    I smiled and covered my mouth with the back of my hand.
    "You're giving too much meaning to just one night."
    As he raised his head and turned slightly, Edmund paused for a moment as if he had lost his words.
    "···········Let's stop. I might misunderstand."
    "Why, Dear Edmund?" Just because we deny it, it doesn't mean that our intense night didn't exist."
    "Please, Bibi."
    Edmund, whose ears turned red, eventually burst into laughter. He smiled lightly in embarrassment and swept my hair over.
    "You have to say it right away." The only thing we played at night is chess.”
    Considering that his gaze keeps flowing back, it seems that the users have passed by.
    "Chess, what a noble, elegant, and passionate battle this is."
    "Yeah, it's my fault."
    I quickly admitted and grabbed my hand, and decided to let him go with both hands. He walked toward the study after him, who had stopped by the mansion to collect important documents.

Rin.rinaaa, aneliese, Kamina and 2 others like this.
  8. Kyyiiq-q12

Kyyiiq-q12 Simp for obsessive MLs and Yanderes

Reading List:
    Link
    VSJSVSHWVWBHW THANKS FOR THE SPOILER I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS :aww:

9. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe we should ask some translator to pick it up. The story is really good. I am worried about the ending though.
    Forgot to spoil,
    -Edmund's mother was the sister of emperor.
    -Crown prince was his cousin. Crown prince was sus of FL, he thought she was a fake.
    -Sasha was 7 year older than Vivi. I think she was executed for treason when she was 29. There were no record of Vivi after she turned 20.
    -Vivi went back in time thru a painting to see the 1st generation of summers. (thousand year back.) Rules were she could only went back around 3 pm. rainy day and stayed in the past till the rain stopped. The same person couldn't exist in the same time line. She went back in time to figure out how she could save Sasha.
    After looking at a neat face for a long time, I spat out a question that I couldn't ask in my heart.
    "Why are you so nice to me?"”
    "Because I love you."
    A heavy stone was placed on the answer without hesitation. Love. Why does he love me?
    "In fact, you don't love me, but you love Vivian in the portrait".
    But the Vivian and me being confused like this.
    He probably doesn't understand what I'm saying. It's clear that he doesn't know how I feel. Otherwise, he cannot explain the foreign body that suddenly touches between his kindness.
    Edmund stopped washing my hands and raised his head slightly, making eye contact with me. The silver gray eyes were gently bent with affection.
    "That's right."
    A sweet voice like honey is flowing.
    "So, I love you."”
    But my heart dropped at the firm, sweet, but not mine declaration that followed.
    Edmund, who confirmed my face, which revealed his feelings plainly, opened his eyes wide in embarrassment. He took a step closer to me right away. Edmund looked shocked when he stepped back to avoid him.
    "Vivienne."
    "I'm not a portrait."
    Reflectively denying words came out of my mouth like a scream. Edmund said with a slightly embarrassed face.
    "Of course not." "You're alive like this."
    "No. Stop saying that. Don't ask me anything."
    I cut him off firmly.
    Between him and me, only Edmund, who was embarrassed by my wheezing and me, remained. He was waiting for me to calm down and explain why I was doing this.
    But I couldn't afford to explain this dirty feeling I was feeling. I just wanted to get out of this situation.
    “······.”

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  10. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    I had an urge to go and read the ending but I was really scared if the ending was tragic. I had never feel this way before. I decided not to read the ending and just continue reading the story.
    Yuri told Vivi what happened after she died. His family were executed but he was saved. He remembered that Vivi told him that his sister could turn back time. (Time magic was Summers' specialty.) He went to see Sasha and asked her to turn back time for him and go with him to rescue his family. Sasha refused she said she didnt want to go back. Everybody she loved died. Yuri said then sasha could go back and saved vivi. Sasha told her that Vivi was not in the past anymore she sent Vivi to the future. Then he asked her why. Sasha said that she wanted Vivi to experience things that she could have done and she wanted to Vivi to be happy. IF Yuri wanted to go back in time, he had to go to the future and protect Vivi. ( Vivi had the illness and only strong wizard could saved her.) Sasha said if Yuri agreed he could go back in time after he went to the future and once Vivi experienced all the happiness, Yuri should kill Vivi.

She told him that she would leave magic on her self - portrait. In the future to go back in time, please connect with this portrait. Yuri agreed and Sasha sent him to the future. Yuri waited for Vivi to come since she was the one one who could send him back to the past.

In the present day, Yuri told Vivi to leave Edmund since they needed to go back. The longer she stayed it would be harder for her and he also said Edmund was not normal.(He was crazy genius.) Yuri family were killed by tyrant emperor so Yuri didnt like royalty and Ed was part royalty.

Edmund was kidnapped when he was 8 year old by the piano teacher. He was disappeared for 3 months and the whole empire was uproar because of the incident. Later on they found him at the mansion alone and lost his memory. He had a fear of darkness, and piano. After he came back from mansion. he lost his empathy and detached from humanity. He didnt care for anything. He didnt care to go to school and and he flunk the school. The family and relations were worried about him. They told him to pretend when he was outside to follow emotion of the people around him to cover his defect. Until he was 14 year old, he found the painting of Viv. He was passionate about the painting and wanted it so badly. His dad told him that if he wanted to buy the painting he had to get a good score at school. He then became the top score at school and stayed at top until graduated. Everyone called him a genius. After school he wanted to work in Art museum, his dad said he needed to go to military. He went to military and became a outstanding gunman. After military services, he worked at the art museum. In order to achieve the artwork he wanted he could ruin any family/competitor just to achieve it. He could make a lot of money in one single year if he wanted too.

That was why Yuri said Edmund was dangerous.
    However, there were no rated stuff so far. Not sure why this story is R15. (Not even a kiss.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Lexa_0214, Rin Lee, Sorabito and 6 others like this.
  11. aqilwall

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished the story. In the 2nd part (c.60-90), it was very painful and heavy.
    Vivi was wittier away and dying. Ed locked her up so She ran away with Yuri and stayed with Yuri to figure out her feeling. She went back in time to talk to her Michela (1st gen summers.) She couldnt decide if she wanted to go back to save Sasha or stay with Ed. During the time jump, she got to meet Michela' daughter and his daughter knew about Vivi they talked and shared about her lover. She also drew a picture called Lover which was hung in Sasha's studio. So Vivi could time jump to Sasha via that picture. Vivi met Sasah before Vivi was born and she promised Sasah that she would come back to see her. After she talked to Michaela's daughter she decided to go back to Ed since she loved him. One time Vivi time jumped via the lover painting and saw Ed when he was 8 year old. He was kidnapped. She stayed with him during his hard time for weeks and she was the one destroyed the mansion and the kidnapped ran away. Before she left him, she told Ed that they would meet again. She went back and spent time with ED doing that she hadn't done before. Ed took her to see the magic doctor and the doctor told her that her condition was bad. Heever, if she killed her heart with mana, she might be able to live but without magic. That processed was very risky. After the heart was broken, some magicians would need to clean her up for her to survive.

She stayed with Ed and worked with Yuri to figure out how to get back. She told Yuri that she would stay with Ed till she was about to die and she would go back to the past with Yuri. Vivi got sicker each day and Ed couldn't take it anymore, he told Vivi to go back since if she went back she could live for a few year before she died.

During this time, Viv confessed that she loved Ed many times. One day she time jumped to see Michaela, he told her she should do make was make her happy. Do not worry about magic anymore. After that Vivi time jumped again to see Sasha. This time it was Sasha after Vivi died. She told Sasah she would come back since she promised but Sasah said she didnt have to come back to see her. But Vivi said she would come back but not to save Sasha and Summers. She would come to live but she couldn't care about Magic or Summer name anymore. Vivi asked why Sasha sent her to the future. Sasha said that because someone beg her to give Vivi a chance to live. Then Sasha asked why were you coming back. You dont need to come back. Think Viviane, you can stay life with out coming back. Vivi time jumped again and back to Ed.

Finally she realized that she had a choice and she would stay with Ed, She would break her magic heart and live as non magic person.
    She told Yuri and Yuri respected her decision. They were preparing for Vivi final day. Vivi told Ed that she would not go back to the past and would stay with him.
    On her last day, Vivi and Yuri stood in front of the painting of Sasha. Vivi used all her mana to send Yuri to 200 year ago and broke her heart. Before she died he called Michaela and time jumped to thousand year ago.
    15 days later she woke up in Michaela's mansion. ( Summer mansion.) and found that she was alive and no longer a wizard. Michela and many magicians fixed her up. They told her that she would need to time to recover. She wanted to go back to Ed but she had to wait till the rain stopped.

about a month, she came back to see Ed, Ed told her that there were Yuri funeral. Ed and Viv spent alot of time together so Ed was fired for not showing up at work at Dear Museum.
    Ed and Vivi went to see Yuri family and talked. Yuri dad asked if Vivi wanted to see Yuri's tomb but Vivi said no. Yuri was still alive somewhere and he would live well that what she believed. Yuri's dad suggested that Vivi should study magic even she was no longer use mana/magic.
    5 years later when Vivi was graduate student, Vivi proposed to Ed, and they were getting marriage. It was a bit complex to have a wedding, they needed the royal permission since Ed was part Royalty. One day before they were getting marriage, with mana stone and Summer power bracelet, Ed went back in time on the day that Vivi died, he met Sasha and begged her about to let Vivi lived. He told Sasha that Vivi would be happy if she had that chance.

My thought on the story - I didnt like the 2nd part. It could have been better to reduce the pain and suffering and indecisiveness. Vivi could have spent more time with Ed on the 2nd part. I liked the 1st part more. ( c1-50) The ending (c.90-110) was OK but it could have been better...
    We still didnt know what happened to Yuri when he went back to the past.
    The thing I don't understand is the R15 rating. There was not single kiss in the story. Mostly kissed on the forehead....

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  12. Camila.exe

Camila.exe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What?