Discussion Andur's readers are the problem

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Jojo775, Jun 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Users are always the problem with rating systems. No matter what kind you try to use people will always be biased. There is no perfect rating system. The only sure way to know if you'll like a book is to read it yourself.

2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job, you said a lot of correct things.
    Now i feel bad for having suffered that. I feel bad to have a fellow fan said that to you.

Sabruness likes this.
  3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O. I've never heard of that but, if true, that's pretty bad and perpetrated by idiots. Though, considering the amount of trolls that sometimes surface on RRL how can we be truly sure that they are fans and not trolls screwing around. I've heard a few cases where authors of fans of authors have gone around doing stuff like that while mentioning yet other authors to try and blacken the innocent authors rep.

Andur is only ever helpful to other authors. A few of the other novels i read, Andur also reads and even helps out with grammar issues (like any good reader should).

4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, I've only tried to pick up one of his stories and dropped it pretty early. It wasn't what I was expecting and I got bored. The one about the technomage or whatever.

5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    @RR Vocaloid confirmed once that this happened, but they had since taken steps to deal with problems like these. Don't know what steps were taken, Ai-chan didn't ask.

Whether it was done by trolls or idiots, Ai-chan doesn't know. Ai-chan doesn't have those stats. It happened quite commonly back then actually, and the fact of the matter is, it did happen, even if it doesn't happen anymore (don't know about this). Enough that even RRl mods took notice.

Please be informed that Ai-chan has no problem with Andur himself or his stories and in no way Ai-chan said Andur was involved with the harassments. Ai-chan isn't attacking Andur. Ai-chan was merely stating what Andur's fans have done.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    strayCat0 and Sabruness like this.
  6. Prece

Prece Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: you're calling fans of the novel shameful for liking a novel that you didn't like? Instead of getting angry over other readers taste why not just read the so-called masterpiece novels and enjoy it like those fans.

Downvotes system for reviews is royalroad fault, not fans. After all, if I see someone shit talking about something I am enjoying on the internet I will give it a downvote too because why not? it is just simple reflex unless you were cursing the fans or author then you would really deserve the downvote.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  7. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    He had some explanation about that but I don't know if that explanation went into a build up to an amazing big plot to justify it or just a silly excuse to keep writing the same characters.
    Basically the excuse is that Protagonist and Main Heroine is literally the same people in his other works but just a different life because reincarnation or whatever if I recall correctly? Last time I read works from the guy the characters are now aware of this revelation.
    I'm thinking it's just a stupid excuse but people who are up to date with his works feel free to clarify me if there was a pay off to that nonsense

vlue, Ushiyama Tatsuma and strayCat0 like this.
  8. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not talking shit, it's called giving a review. If you don't have anything better to write than I love it, keep up the good work. You're the best!!! Then don't bother writting anything at all and don't go downvoting others who had something constructive to say.
    We should all be aware that we're reading fast food equivalent of novels, no matter that some are much better than the others it's still fast food. So only if you're delusional will you give someone like Andur 5 stars and caps lock how this is the best novel ever made.

9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea who the hell is this author you're talking about, but I have to point out that you're doing the same thing just in the other direction are you not? After all, your reply can be reformated as

?
    Bad behaviour that simply changes direction is still bad behavoiur isn't it? After all, it's the same thing, just different direction.

10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    No -.- I said constructive reviews, arguements, not flaming or mindless praising.

11. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Was yours constructive?:unsure:

12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    They always are though I don't remember which of his stories I reviewed.

13. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Good for you then. For a moment I was worried you told him "Quit writing, you suck".

14. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Never had I even implied so. You should read with more understanding.

15. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't need to imply from you when a lot of people do that thinking they are giving "reviews", it's a universal problem so you don't need to imply anything for people to get suspicious

16. Malicre

Malicre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly this

He actually finishes his novels unlike half the people making novels on RR/Qidian Original. I cant tell you how many times i have read a novel, get invested and then have it dropped. At least Andur finishes his novels.

otaku31 likes this.