BL Novel Wishes (Cultivation/Historical)

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by InkRaven87, Nov 3, 2023.

1. InkRaven87

InkRaven87 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not of Asian descent. I am a writer, but I do not feel comfortable writing these stories. I do not want to commit cultural appropriation. I have several ideas for web novels set in historical Chinese settings or cultivation settings. So, I am giving them away. Please take as desired.

1. Historical Fantasy (Chinese-inspired setting)
    Summary: Modern day, Li Chen was reincarnated into a child in a Historical Dynasty by the same name. Li Chen (Temporary Name) (twenty-three years old) grew up to be a prestigious imperial minister and confidant of the young Emperor (twelve years old). Li Chen was fostered by the prestigious Martial Bloodline, Zhao. The Zhao oldest son, General Zhao Ming, was his best friend. Conspired against by the imperial scholar faction and the dowager empress's family, Li Chen was executed for treason. His name was slandered and he fell into infamy. Meanwhile, three years previous (while Li Chen was twenty) Li Feiyun (a distant cousin of Li Chen - seven years old) (temporary name) awakens with the memories of Li Chen. Watching his other self's fall, Li Feiyun has three options - one) clear his former identity of wrongdoings, two) follow the path of the Salted Fish, or three) make a new life for himself.
    • Genius Protagonist (Photographic Memory, Mathematics, Finances, Ethics, and Sciences)
    • Quirky Protagonist (He's a character and has a talent with words/sarcasm)
    • Sneaky and Sly Protagonist (Plots and Plans against his biological family)
    • Li Noble Main Branch (Only Li Chen survived - to a point) (Orphan Li Chen)
    • Li Merchant Side Branch (Greedy and Corrupt) - Li Feiyun's parents are dead. He depends on his third Uncle (Good Guy) to fight for him as a child. His cousins fight to take over the family. Li Feiyun is shunned by his other relatives.
    • General Zhao Feng (Cold and Regal Younger brother of Ming) (Gong) x Li Feiyun (Shou)
    2. Cultivation Fantasy (Setting)
    Summary: Su Lin dies in a car crash and reincarnates as Wen Lin. Wen Lin is raised by a washerwoman of a different family name in a remote town. When he turns thirteen years old, his parents (powerful Merchants) bring him home. Unbeknownst to Wen Lin, he was conceived and born as the spare organ donor to his sickly older brother, Wen Huan. Wen Huan's heart is failing and his parents find him a new heart. Wen Lin dies on the operating table as the doctor gives his older brother his organs. Wen Lin's spirit resentfully hangs around and witnesses his older brother's discovery of his (Wen Lin's) existence and heartbreak at losing his younger sibling. Wen Huan takes his own life in sorrow, leaving behind his mourning friend/fiance, (new cultivator) Yi Jianlin (male).

Wen Lin and Wen Huan are born as twins to a minor cultivation clan, the Xue, as the third and fourth sons, Xue Qiu (Huan) and Xue Yun (Lin). Wen Huan swears to destroy the Wen Merchant family, his parents having already acquired a new heir three years after Wen Huan's death. Xue Qiu's slow descent into ghostly cultivation feeds his resentment and rage, but Xue Qiu is unaware that Xue Yun is his brother from his previous life. Xue Yun is aware that Xue Qiu was once Wen Huan, but due to the coldness of his older twin brother (Xue Qiu/Wen Huan) feels that Xue Qiu hates him (he does not know why).

As Xue Qiu pursues the ghostly cultivation path, Xue Yun comes to the attention of a wandering Cultivator of the Sacred Bamboo Forest Sect. Discovering that Xue Yun has a powerful and rare single water root and the potential for a lost cultivation style (which balances alchemy and healing with martial practices) he is persuaded to join the sect. In the sect, Xue Yun encounters the powerful Frost Sword cultivator and Hallmaster (teacher), Yi Jianlin. The omen of war gathers on the horizon.
    • Yi Jianlin (Gong) x Xue Yun (Shou)
    • Tide Flow Cultivation (Lost Cultivation Style) - Martial skills are adaptable, graceful, and flowing
    • Yi Jianlin is not Xue Yun's Shizun. Xue Yun does not have a (single) Shizun. Due to his style of cultivation, Xue Yun spent his time with both Alchemists and Martial Artists.
    • Overprotective Xue Qiu (once he learns of Xue Yun being Wen Lin)
    • Spiritual familiars (Beasts)... different cultivation paths
    (More may be added later)