LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's both epic and hilarious. But I think next chapter in TL I'd thd funniest of what I've read so far, as for why you'll see for yourself

canaria23 likes this.
  2. Rasehum

Rasehum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That moment when his ghost spirit “impregnated” someone tho

3. Manga LOVER

Manga LOVER Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When will the battle between Winter Melon Manstein(5th Sage in a Thousand Years) and SS start?

4. Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fuck? Do I even want to know?

5. CuriousBlackCat

CuriousBlackCat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't but it's EXACTLY like what it sounds like.

6. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    people bought bath water? why the hell one drink bath water? I suppose it was "used". It'd be full of dirt and sweat and other body fluids. I don't care how pretty a female stranger is that is not happening. ffs I just don't get people sometimes...though I'm a deviant in other ways but use some sense people

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. Manga LOVER

Manga LOVER Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re practically saying you’d drink bath water if it were from a non stranger female, you know? I wouldn’t even touch it even if it was from my girlfriend or wife, and if I do touch it, I’ll wash that part immediately!

Also, how can one be a deviant while “using some sense”? A person becomes a deviant because s/he doesn’t “use sense” and walks away from the usual or accepted way, you know?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  8. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not necessarily what he's saying. Given that he's specified what's disgusting about the water, it's a reasonable assumption to make that it applies to all of humanity, no matter their gender or level of acquaintance. It's far more likely that, rather than saying he'd ingest the bath water of non-stranger females, @Z__SKULL was just talking specifically about the Belle Delphine situation.

And you can be a deviant in different aspects. One example is the difference between sexual deviance and "formal" deviance, the latter of which may be prosecutable under the law, while the former may not necessarily be.

9. Chyort

Chyort Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While disgusting, dirt, sweat, and whatnot are not too bad from a pure health perspective.
    Heck if you have ever eaten fast food and someone didnt wash their hands well you have already eaten quite a lot of the above... (Just pointing out a tragic fact, not endorsing anything :p)
    Your however, forgetting the soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and whatever else was used to scrub off said dirt/sweat/whatnot.

I officially regret looking at the last few pages of comments at this point however... It took it from a weird fiction reference/joke, to disgusting (In many ways) real life... Confirming my low standard for humanity at large. :-/

10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even know who was the lowest of them all...

The one who came up with the idea?
    The girl for actually promoting the bath water?
    The one who bought it?
    The girl who thought she really should send them the real bathtub water?
    OR THE FREKIN LOSER who drank it?

Or me who is actually discussing this in a post....

11. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not drink my own bath water let alone another. not sure how you thought i insinuated otherwise. In regards to being a deviant or a freak there are things that you can be unusually about without making yourself sick with unhealthy choices. what i meant was I can understand others unusual choices but don't hurt yourself in the process

12. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone explain to me joke about Sun Splitting Halberd Guo Da's "[Picture of the head of a dog being furiously rubbed]!" ?

13. CuriousBlackCat

CuriousBlackCat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In all likelihood, it's just a thing he does for shitposting value. If there's some word play or deeper meaning beyond, I honestly can't say as I can't read Chinese and a lot of the hidden stuff plays on the characters that make up the language. If there's any cultural thing, whether it be online or otherwise, again, can't say.

So it's best to just shrug and consider it a random thing he does that's become his signature posting style.

========================

To give you an idea of what I mean about deeper meanings being hidden in language, let's take the password that Shuhang needed for the Golden Chain of the 33 Divine Beasts, BelovedDog43, and the revelation of Fairy Fleeting Life being the pet dog of Elder Bamboo Pipe. The BelovedDog bit, fairly obvious since she's a dog, but the numbers seem random until you look into Chinese Numerology.

4 (四: sì / sei) is really, really close to sounding like Death (死: sǐ / séi), even the characters themselves seem to be derived from each other. While 3 (三: sān / sāam) has two associations, one is auspicious, Life / to Live (生: shēng / sāang), there are also three important stages in a person's life, Birth, Marriage, Death. The other association is less auspicious, 散 (sàn / saan), which means to part ways / to separate / to break apart / to split. A previous chapter just before Sage Eternity's "Profound" Speech, had the Chat Group talking about daoists who carried names with 3 in them being Death Seekers extraordinaire seems to play with the dual association of the number, leading to a kind of generalized meaning that could be seen as "to part ways with life" or something like that.

Now what does that have to do with Fairy Fleeting Life? The number 43 can be seen as a play on her name depending on the pronunciation (most likely Cantonese from what I've seen). So the password is basically a security question about the user's pet and said pet's name rolled into one...which honestly kinda makes the whole thing even funnier now that I look at it this way.

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if you have not payed attention at all.

Shuhang has explicitly called the seniors views on gayness "antiquated", he has explicitly shown no revulsion at all at being sexually attracted to senior white. The story is repeatedly saying that only really really old people who are out of touch with the modern world detest homosexuality. And even then their reactions are super tame considering what era of time they are from.

Considering it came from china where anti-gay sentimentality is the norm....
    Honestly this kind of reaction reminds me of people calling mark twain a racist.

justmehere and RealSaMu like this.
  15. RealSaMu

RealSaMu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Making a joke about homosexuality does not equal homophobia. Honestly, people keep throwing words out there they don't understand

mrttao and justmehere like this.
  16. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the Doudou ark is really thought provoking.

You can't really say preventing 2 straight guys (monsters in this case) from getting married is homophobic.

CuriousBlackCat likes this.
  17. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said Shuhang was homophobic. I said the characters' words, actions and reactions were borderline homophobic, which they are. And I do, in fact, know what my words mean.

Zaest likes this.
  18. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently caught up with the latest raw chapter (using the evil art of mtl), so here's what I think of things so far. Spoilers, obviously
    so, we're pretty close to the end, I think. SS and senior White became the heavenly Dao and SS transcended it, so it might just end in a few chapters. https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC....=0WoPM0Xm0baapD/pHA125fNmEes1ZvEs3qVasGKjfnE=
    Anyway, there are still many things left uncovered: who's sf's mother? What exactly is the place senior White is from? Who is senior White? Little White or the green robed man? What stage is he really? WTH is with his luck? What is his galaxy? (skip 100+ senior White questions) How will things proceed with 16 and SS now? What about YE Si? They haven't talked it over yet. How will blockhead Song pit SS? What about the Future Soft Feather? How will things resolve with her timeline? What about the Scallion Lady? What happened to her and how did she end up with sf and how did... Basically a tonne of questions left

19. li25

li25 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also trying to catch up with the latest update with the evil way. It's so evil that i lost myself in half of the broken words. Judging from the long list question, I thought this novel could up till chapter 5k since there are really just too many mystery. The creative plot make me able to keep up till 2k now, the longest i hv ever had

20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Experience pain, endure pain, become accustomed to pain, enjoy pain