LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Rodcorte actually explained that away, when Van tried to look on the bright side. "At least my new life can't be worse than the last one." Rod explained that even as bad as it was, Van's Earth life still had silver linings, but starting with Origin, he wasn't going to get even that much.

secretish and Korleone like this.
  2. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In chapter 0, when talking about having his destiny and fortune removed, Van asks if he'll be starting with zero. Rodcorte replies "No; you will be starting from a negative position. You will never be saved by destiny or coincidence, nor will you ever be blessed with good fortune." Judging by that, people generally have at least some level of destiny and/or fortune to give them a slight boost (some more than others, or else nobody would have a shitty life). However, Van had not even that. That implies that his reincarnation system probably gives them to people between lives, but Van lost it due to Rod's mistake.

Korleone likes this.
  3. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm must have forgotten that then. been awhile since i started over the novel. also with how idiotic rodiot is i have doubts on him being right on Van's earth life having any silver linings. seems like his life was extremely bad once he got to his uncles house. essentially origin is what earth was like if he didnt start off with his OG family.

4. bladster

bladster Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was because rodcort, when he combined the four heroes souls to make a seal for the fragment of the DK soul he had that, became Van's soul, and to make sure that the soul never gained any real power in any life he put a curse or used the reincarnation system to make it so that the soul will always have bad luck and die at a young stage in life.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    There were positives, the bully at school found out how horrible his family life was, and started being nicer to him; he found someone nice to give him a job after school; and then there were the happy years with his parents before they passed.

Gin_Hindew, Baldingere and Korleone like this.
  6. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what situation do you think is worse? one in which your actions are not able to change anything and you are treated like an object or one where you still have the option of choice to make a difference regardless of size.

Eddy andres and Korleone like this.
  7. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    the thing is that im still of the opinion that his uncle would have sold off Van on earth if he could get away with it. with all the horrid things the uncle subject Van to i wouldnt be surprised if he would sell van. his earth uncle is just like his origin's mother. also i wouldnt necessarily say Van had many choices on earth considering his uncle would beat him if he tried to do anything that the uncle disapproved of. hades the man banned Van from having most foods cause of "luxury".

hmm. yeah i def need to reread the story cause im forgetting things like that. i just remember his uncle being a monster who was actually happy Van died cause he got the insurance money from van and his parent deaths. its a good thing that van lived in JP cause the uncle would have sold Van off if they were in a worse country.

8. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first place Rodcorte mistake can be Van destiny too. Or else his destiny in Lambda would be different from now. So, fortune was hidden in misfortune of several lives. Because of all this misfortunes he saved enough fortune to become a God.

9. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am not saying his live on earth was good or anything but he still had choises, the option to run away form home, how much he does for school, his interactions with his classmates or going on the schooltrip, those where all choises van was able to make. on origin he didn't have any of that.

Korleone likes this.
  10. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in my opinion Van got the short end of the destiny stick in his first life but in his second he didn't even get the stick to defend himself with.

borzix, Baldingere, anteopta and 3 others like this.
  11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Origin Van born on Earth, could have still been sold off in Japan, or the uncle would have killed him off directly.

12. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! It's not the uncle's fault if his wonderful, beloved nephew passes away in an 'accident'. The only thing he could do is spend the inheritance just as his nephew would've wanted him to. :cry::cry::blobparty::cry::cry:

Eddy andres and Korleone like this.
  13. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    ah your right. i completely forgot i should see it from his view and say im sorry for his "loss". oh the humanity lol

thing is that the uncle wouldnt have been able to get away with killing van or selling him off due to the laws of Japan. f such a thing had happened the police would have discovered what the uncle did and he'd be in jail. on origin im pretty sure Van wasnt born to the best of countries which allowed for the mom to sell him for money.

Korleone likes this.
  14. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You can illegally sell people into slavery, or various other specifically worse things, even in strict societies, and with Van's bad fortune in his Earth life he only came to the attention of authority figures that would look the other way, when the uncle abused him, or would also abuse him in the case of Murakami. So Origin Van, who didn't even have that amount of "Fortune" in his life, would probably quickly fall through the cracks, even in Japan. Only the bad cops would arrive to the crime scene, or the rich asshole that buys Van would see to it that the uncle doesn't enjoy the money, but it doesn't change that what happens to Van would be terrible if he had his Origin status.

15. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was actually in a version of origin from Germany, due to the fact that if my memory serves me one of the two languages that Van learned was the equivalent of German, and it cannot be the United States (federal state) because It is assumed that since the nation had invested everything in this project with its fall, it ended up disintegrating

16. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    so ive been rereading the series from the beginning and i have a question for you. you said that he had happy years with his parents before he passed but im not sure about that. in one of the early chapters (i think 2) he said that Darcia was the first mother who loved him and in the current chapter he states "Vandalieu had lived on both Earth and Origin, but this was the first time he was experiencing someone celebrating his birthday." and "For Vandalieu, this was his first birthday party.". are you sure he had happy years with his parents cause it doesnt sound like he was very loved by them.

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm assuming he means ones he remembers, since he had trouble remembering his parents faces while in the facility on Origin, and he didn't have all his memories backed up on his soul before then.

19. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    well no those lines were also saying he didnt have them on earth either. this can be seen in ne of the lines i quoted saying "Vandalieu had lived on both Earth and Origin, but this was the first time he was experiencing someone celebrating his birthday". i dunno if this was maybe a gaff on the author's part but according to these lines Van didnt have a very loving family on earth either

20. Apocalypse32

Apocalypse32 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget we don't actually know how old Van was when his parents died on earth and he was sent to live with his uncle. If he was too young, even up to 5 or 6, he would have had very little memories of that time. Lets face it who really has that clear a memory of even up till they were about 10 or so after 20 or so years( ie bieng 30 yrs old) especially considering what they were like for Van

Asphyxia778 likes this.