Do you ever find trash novel become gold after 100+ chapters?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Golden coral, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden coral

Golden coral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think not every gold novel starts with beautiful stars!! I mean I find many of LN that have 1000+ chapters have not "so good" stars.. Don't you guys think so?

2. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure that this ever really happens. A bad book is bad for a reason and having more material is very unlikely to correct any of its problems. At most what will normally happen is that a book can start off slow and readers interpret that as being bad - in which case the readers are just wrong. On the flip side, I have seen quite cases of this. Generally this is books which require a lot of setup time before it can get to the heart of what they're about.

One prominent example is For a Prosperous World which spends the first fifty or so chapters leading up to and playing out the Battle of Changping. Given the kind of story it is, this setup time is impossible to reduce without also reducing the impact of the story. And as this battle and its aftermath serves as the linchpin for the entire book, it's really just an extended introduction. But while the rest of the book is a lot better that doesn't mean that the first fifty chapters are bad.

mir, asriu, Nimroth and 1 other person like this.
  3. Golden coral

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're right!! I fell blue when I found some of the good novel getting low ratting cause some readers only read the early chapters and jump on conclusions with low ratting and bad reviews!! I mean the good novel with good quality and quantity need "good" foundation which are need time to describe....
    Or another assumption of me are
    "the author getting to carry away with descriptions and only put 1000 words/chapters/weeks" :!

qpzmal likes this.
  4. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on the novel i only start to enjoy it after 100+ chapters, i won't expect a lot of world building to be done in the first 100 chapters unless its a work already finished or something thave 200-300 chapters

5. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    who tf stays around long enough to find out

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    ScaredTeacup, novaes, qpzmal and 2 others like this.
  6. Charles83

Charles83 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overgeared, and I think it was done on purpose, the MC is extremely dislikable for the first 100 chapters until he gets some shock and then he turns sort of decent, stopped reading at 500, and been waiting for it to accumulate chapters specially since the arks are getting more and more wordy, also this is a series with a mc with LOTS of Flaws, a lot of people will just dislike the MC for all kinds of reasons and it is valid, the mc is built with an exagerated ammount of flaws, he goes from a character that you hate in the first 100 chapters, to a character that you sort of cheer on later, while at the same time asking yourself why in the hell he choose some decision about something? and its not like you can roast the author, since the author made it clear that the Protagonist is like the bottom of the barrel in personality.

Velocireader likes this.
  7. someonewithemptyhands

someonewithemptyhands Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    never,when i read a trashy novel or a novel that doesn't match with my taste i dropped it around ch 20
    how can i read 100 trashy chapter???:eek:
    are u a god?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Alice Henituse, novaes and qpzmal like this.
  8. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    I never stay long enough to find out

9. Scholar Monarch

Scholar Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can give you two examples

Sorcerer's journey (First ~140 chapters are pretty bad but rest of the novel is top level)
    Mystical Journey (First ~100 chapters same as before)

10. Alice Henituse

Alice Henituse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not know about this, but I found the opposite (golden then became trash )

11. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Sorcerer's Journey for 30 chapters and dropped it. Can you explain why it's top level? I'm wondering if I should give it another try.
    Same for Mystical Journey, though I haven't dropped it... although the chances of me continuing are unlikely.

Rumby likes this.
  12. someonewithemptyhands

someonewithemptyhands Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    unfortunately there are many case:(

mir likes this.
  13. Golden coral

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true.. It's like the author became too creative or suddenly lost and destroy the plot :( and then the story became boring..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.