Spoiler Duke Ashillean’s Contractual Marriage / The Duke of Ashleyan's Contractual Marriage

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 31, 2021.

1. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes exactly, she’s the emperor. So it’s very likely soon she’ll be suspicious of her own sister. I’m you know classic paranoia that she’s better than me so she’ll try and take my throne also she’s married the son of the previous king so what is doing ladidadida hence she’s my enemy. It’s the EXACT same thought process of most emperors we read about. I’m just praying to lord I’m wrong you know. I just wanna see strong women supporting each other.

Nah we’re talking about the same thing. And normally it’s always because the throne is afraid TAHT the whoever is leading in north will uprise them therefore it is also a way to putting them down ? Reigning them in by making them live in harsh conditions ??? Also we’re judging the sister by The exact same values as all emperors make or female. You know paranoia that the sibling who’s better in battle will take over ??!!! I’m just praying it’s not like that

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  2. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for giving me the new one!!
    :blobsmilehappyeyes: :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  3. JustaWomanizer

JustaWomanizer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I don't want to be disrespectful to the tastes of any reader. But I have a question, was the Ml someone promiscuous in his past lives, right? That is why, although in this life he is a virgin, does he know a little about those sexy time things? And what about the Fl, is she a virgin in this life? She was married to other people in her past life?

4. K1ndNaru

K1ndNaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the characters! As someone with a younger sister, I can see the empress depends on her older sister a lot, which my younger sister does too (for everything and it makes me grumble sometimes because I had to do those things by myself when I was her age but I love her) so I can see why she does that. Also, she is being written as a smart and strategic (maybe ruthless after what she's been through?) ruler, not a benevolent one so I can see why she conquers other kingdoms, whether it be for good or for worst. She is a schemer but I think her plans will benefit the kingdom, her and her sister in the end.

But saying "you're a woman" or assuming that to someone with a different opinion is distasteful. However, I understand that when people are emotional over a disagreement, stuff just vomits out.

Thank you for the side stories!

I was trying to post something separate and reply to you but it was just not working, sorry for the multiple notifications :cry:

- Yes, the ML lived a life of debauchery in one of his lifetimes so he might know some stuff like setting up the bath and what to do next.
    - The FL wasn't married in her previous lives.
    - It seems like she is a virgin in this one.

Inasible, szvdy, Tt123 and 5 others like this.
  5. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he also knows about setting up a bath because he disguised himself as a woman and lived as a maid in a past life too.

Fenrironcrac, its0k and K1ndNaru like this.
  6. K1ndNaru

K1ndNaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying to post something separate and reply to you but it was just not working, sorry for the multiple notifications :cry:

- Yes, the ML lived a life of debauchery in one of his lifetim
    ohh, that makes more sense because he said he was scolded multiple times! Riight!

Inasible and Fostofina like this.
  7. JustaWomanizer

JustaWomanizer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for answering...I must say that I'm a little disappointed that the Ml is not a virgin in this story, but it's only because in all the stories of that type the fl's were never with anyone...that's why I thought they would continue that same line...and they would make the fl who is playing the role that should be of the Ml someone with experience in...you know.

noula and K1ndNaru like this.
  8. Fostofina

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair we don't know for sure if ML truly lived in debauchery or just pretended to do so to escape from his family. Given that he is very adamant on not fathering an illegitimate child and how super flustered he was about sleeping with FL, it's very possible that he was honest about not sleeping with anyone else. If anything FL seemed a lot more comfortable and nonchalant about the situation than he was (she was even amused by how 'innocent' he was).

Inasible, Jukki, radical6 and 2 others like this.
  9. WoonaOnTheMoon

WoonaOnTheMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He really did live a life of debauchery.
    Originally his grandfather told him to just pretend as his maternal family was scheming to put him as king but ML had already realised that the Queen and Crown Prince were watching him and would have found out.

Louismond was willing to roll around promiscuously, changing women every day. All he knew was how to please a woman in bed. He didn't even learn letters on purpose, and didn't know any etiquette. When he was about 20, he didn't know if he was really that kind of person, or if he was just pretending to be like that.
    The only time he didn't laugh was when he was sitting alone in front of his mother's tombstone. He did not forget his pretentious smile even when he slept. Attempts to poison him from the Queen and the First Prince became infrequent that time. His hands occasionally felt itchy when they don't send poison or assassin.

A blog on Naver also noted that he had a lot of experience from his previous life.

rock.doll, Tt123, aineria and 3 others like this.
  10. JustaWomanizer

JustaWomanizer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And what about the Fl?
    and why the Ml act so innocent? I don't think he does it on purpose, he blushes too much

11. WoonaOnTheMoon

WoonaOnTheMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the story is a role reverse.
    So the FL acts like a ML and the ML acts like how a FL would in this situation.

zoefleyl, Nanashy and JustaWomanizer like this.
  12. m5nn6t

m5nn6t Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yall will feel real goofy after finding out the sister ain't harboring any hard resentment towards the FL

13. blindpig05

blindpig05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow... this thread has turned from a spoiler into a bloodbath
    *i swear i wont bother you again spoiler thread flashback
    *shudder

nah the story is not like that, it wont turned that bad

i agree. what i complained is the reward and punishment system from the emperor is messed up
    its like she is toying with her sister and change from the loving little sister into this... emperor

well, if i were in her shoes i would keep my only sibling close
    doesnt matter if she is the strongest, etc,etc i wont sent her out unless i am sure of the situaion and sure of her safety

(wait.. im speaking this as the eldest brother of a family point of view, so i might wrong)
    whatever let me rant here pls haha

hmm, for a youngest sister pov.... i might kinda do what the emperor do ( you know, pampered and spoiled youngest daughter personality) but that is too much for the poor eldest sister

in conclusion:
    she is a kinda a decent emperor (maybe? with the messed up reward system for her sis? well, that might only for her sis and she is a good one for her people. Well too early too judge lets wait and see...)
    and a pain in the ass little sister. i wanna pinch her ear so hard and flick her forehead

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    Fostofina likes this.
  14. Fostofina

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah i'm the youngest sister and I wouldn't do this to my older sister either, at least not without being 100% sure that this is smth that she would want. From my understanding usually the people given these kind of territories are the nobles who are powerful that you wanna punish/keep away from the political scene, so you basically politely exile them to a difficult and miserable far off territory that will require their full attention. It's not really supposed to be a good reward which is why i was so weirded out that she would do this to her sister/ally. Maybe she wanted to keep her sister away from political headaches and from being potentially used, let's not forget that FL literally chose to confine herself in a monastery to escape trouble and politics.

Inasible likes this.
  15. Scarlet Reed

Scarlet Reed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this thread turned into a bloodbath bcos some ppl cant just let other ppl have an opinion and have to fight to prove themselves right lol

why is being sus of the sis or even just disliking her such a silly idea so far all weve seen of their relationship is lil sis taking and older sis giving. lil sis is good emperor yes and badass girlboss for sure but good sister uh idk shes not winning any best sister awards for now

anyways, im not entirely on board with the sister's actions either so far... settting aside the fact she sent her sis on the dangerous territory and stuff,i dont like that she meddled with the eyepatch dude thing. in the first place eyepatch dude took her shoulder bcos she took his eye, he even mentions his other remaining eye became more sensitive so i think him injuring her shoulder is fair. after all, all is fair in love and war right. and they were at war...whats more at the time the fl was on the rebel side..eyepatch dude had the right to defend himself... he was even in the position to kill fl but he didnt he just injured her shoulder.. so that makes them even imo. if the sis going by that logic, isnt it a lil hypocritical of her considering shes the one who keeps putting her older sis in those dangerous situations in the first place.. welp my point is they each had their reasons so she shouldve let her older sis make the decision with eyepatch dude instead of meddling. there were political reasons against 2 dukes marrying each other but thats not even her real reason for meddling considering eyepatch dude volunteered to step down. idk lol

Ruta yifla, Comic 11 and Fostofina like this.
  16. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read few chapters of novel and I think this is also one of those bad novel to manhwa transition. I understood sister's relation better in initial chapters but in manhwa the younger sister does seem more sinister. Also there is a small translation error in manhwa I think or manhwa changed the scene but it made huge impact. Let me explain

In manhwa Rubianna says this "I wasn't satisfied just with protecting my family and territory, I made up my mind to defeat the tyrant."
    But in novel this dialogue was this "Her younger sister (Kalena) wasn't satisfied with merely protecting their family and territory, she decided to defeat the tyrant."

This changed alot cause in novel Rubianna came to Kalena cause she heard about her plan, Kalena never called her and was even surprised by her appearance. When Ruby looked at Kalena she could see her words from her face 'Elder sister help me' This was something Kalena usually did in childhood and Ruby would always comfort her. But in manhwa it makes it look that Kalena ordered Rubianna to come to her and doesn't care about her sister.

When Ruby took the pledge to follow every command of Kalena, Kalena was panicked and apparently didn't want to go through it but seeing the determination on Ruby's face she accepted her pledge. After Ruby also made blood oath if God will help them defeat the tyrant she will offer her first born to church for 20 years and next generations will follow this tradition as well.

It was Ruby's own choice to take that pledge knowing that she will have to go to dangerous missions to help her sister. The sisters with plan and power slowly took over different kingdoms and gathered support. Ruby got injured while taking over western territory by that blonde guy and when Kalena heard about her injury she left everything and went to see Ruby. She does care about her sister but she is also thinking like a ruler.

When Kalena's support increased and she became the king, she made all 3 people who helped her take over different territories Duke. Ruby is one of the Dukes. Kalena handed her dangerous northern territory cause she knew only Ruby can rule the north and change is condition. Only she was brave enough to fight all those monsters. She is her sister but also someone who pledged her oath to her. Ruby became the most fear Duke of the north after this. Some of you were saying that how dangerous it is but this woman is too strong for all that. She helped Kalena to become an emperor for 8 years. They are now 30 (Ruby) and 28 (Kalena).

But you have to understand that Kalena is an emperor through and through. So she always thinks about gaining more and more power. She cares about Ruby in her own way but she is also a ruler now. The rumors about Ruby being ruthless is in support of her. No one would dare try to lay a hand on emperor knowing she has such a strong weapon by her side. We also don't know what happened in four years both sisters were separated.

Novel Kalena is ruthless but manhwa makes her look sus and more sinister than she is.

Inasible, avlirea, szvdy and 15 others like this.
  17. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And the latest manhwa chapters ??? If I want it then she’ll do it. And she didn’t g let the blonde court her cos she’s worried he’ll be loyal to her sister instead of him ????? She just smells SUS

Fostofina likes this.