Forgotten Title Exorcist novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by . Debbie ., Oct 9, 2021.

1. . Debbie .

. Debbie . Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I listened to the novel on audio in Chinese and want to read it in words since the person posting it stopped updating over 5 years ago. I have little to no hope for this to succeed but here are the novel descriptions:

Novel name Chinese, pinyin, and forcefully translated style:
    -阴阳师
    -Yin Yang Shi
    - Yin Yang Master

The Main character was intentionally placed near the trash area near an orphanage by his brother (half?) and another blood related member. Ever since he was little he was able to see all kinds of ghosts, and would often play and talk to them. It made the kids in the orphanage isolate him because of his weirdness.
    The first case he took (the audio first talked about I think) was a school related one. The students would kill themselves or get killed in numerous ways (they are all from the same dorm, if I remembered correctly there are four people). He was able to solve it after dealing with a ghost wall, being stuck on the same floor no matter how many steps he takes. (Sorry for being unreliable but it might not be him but a police woman that frequently appears in the first arcs.)
    Arcs that I remembered:
    Ghost baby- An arc that started in a hospital, the baby crawled out of the mother’s stomach after being conformed by doctors that he is dead. The mother died and the father was heartbroken. Staff members of the hospital died one by one: nurse sewed her lips, sexually perverted doctor turned into an octopus-like monster, and another woman that I forgot about. The mastermind turned out to be a patient that was declared dead and wronged by the hospital staff by being sent to the cremation room (a room that freezes bodies, I think. First time translating). Either way, the main character won and the mastermind died.

Grave robbery- An arc involving robbers digging a bride’s grave, and main character giving the stolen things back to calm it’s anger.

Now I will write about the part where the story dives more into meeting allies (other exorcists and unique people).

Emperor Qin Shi Huang tomb- An arc involving multiple exorcists and main character going into Emperor Qin Shi Huang’s tomb after going to the antique market. The group went through a thrilling escape game styled while searching for the exit after the floor of the tomb collapsed and dropped everyone down. There they saw a type of luminous pearl that could glow in the night and preserve corpse, fighting in complete darkness, corpses that literally crawled out of their coffins, stairs that collapsed bit by bit, and another ghost wall.

Battle Royal- An arc that involves two parties, the main character’s and the fraction made up of people with special traits that were abandoned. I don’t remember much but this arc is one of the longest and the arc with the most number of deaths, I will be typing this out in a random style. The main character and some others are trapped in a space where a puppet master controlled five puppets (corpse?) of the Chinese five elements to attack the group. The most tragic part is when someone that wanted to make a magnifying glass out of two pupils in a single eyeball, those with two pupils in a single eye is said to be able to see over thousands of miles and see through all manners of lies. Coincidentally, main character have someone like that on his side, the plan succeeded and the character died losing his sight and mind (almost). The brother of the main character sacrificed himself willingly to save main character after he died as well. In addition, the main character went through all 18 levels of hell and met King Yama during the time he died.

This is the last arc I heard after the one posting it stopped, I’m sure I missed some arcs.

Here’s some extra information on main character’s family:
    - His family members are all exorcists.
    - It is close to impossible for a woman to have the ability to see and exorcise ghosts in the family due to the bloodline.
    - All exorcists in the family would die and upon death their soul would disappear completely.
    - His brother’s heart is on the left side instead of right.
    - Main character is the only one that was able to keep his soul after death.
    - The family left him to protect him and allow him to become an exorcist on his own.

Thank you for reading until the end!

I have no idea why it’s not allowing me to edit the post and saying that my post contains images and site links but here’s what I wanted to add:
    - This post in a way does not belong in the forgotten title section
    - I posted this in hopes of knowing the place to read it online