Request Forgotten 10 year old Android game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ludagad, Jan 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Back in 2010-2011 or 2012, who knows, certainly not my shit memory, I randomly installed a game on my tablet and got moderately addicted to it. Then I deleted it and moved on with life. Now in 2019 Minecraft got popular again and I recalled how similar it is to that Android game I played.

The game was 2D. It starts out with you shipwrecked - you salvage some stuff from the ship and kill something before you get on an island. There, you have to cut trees, mine, etc. Night-time you get zombies(?), so you have to build your house and hide there +sleep on a bed to pass night time quicker. You get to craft stuff, including armor and weapons, you could mine for coal, iron, diamonds, etc. There were those zombies in the mines, getting stronger the lower you dug. Torches kept you safe at a certain radius, if I remember right. Eventually, you could build a boat and travel around the world to look for other islands. There were also villages with houses, but I don't think there were people and there was no way to enter the houses. But you could find chests with stuff in them. There was also no nether as far as I recall. It was like a very light, with far less features, less engaging, 2D version of Minecraft, and for the life of me, I can't find it anymore.

Does anyone recall playing something like this? It bothers me that I can't find it.

Psosm likes this.
  2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean Terraria PC was released in 2011 and Android was in 2013. I doubt it is Terraria, the game is much much more that a 2d version of minecraft afterall, but you might want to check in case you are misremembering stuff.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    I did wonder about it, but did they upgrade a shitton of it after release? The one I played was strictly 2d, and you couldn't build up like I see in the terraria pics. You would kinda circle a plot and treat it as a house. I don't remember if you could put a door. It was also free when I played it. Not that it's a big factor if I have to pay for it, but I wonder if teraria was free upon first release. The art was also more blocky (the environment) than the terraria pictures.

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea, I doubt it was ever free though. I could find an ios 2013 e3 demo so maybe you can check it, considering the ios and android ports are probably similar?

5. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    It was definitely different, but this also looks neat. I guess the questions will keep haunting me till I die.

6. Siebzehn

Siebzehn 95% Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    you might have luck looking into the list of apps which you have once installed. I also remember a game like that but i switched to android since then.

7. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was ist some RPG Maker game ?

ludagad likes this.
  8. Psosm

Psosm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Crashland

Their website: https://www.crashlands.net/

The description:
    Become Flux Dabes, a galactic trucker whose latest shipment gets derailed by a chin-strapped alien menace named Hewgodooko, leaving you stranded on an alien planet. As you hustle to retrieve your packages you’ll become enmeshed in a nefarious plot of world domination, which will require all of your wits and both of your glutes to overcome. Learn recipes from the local sentient life, make new friends, uncover ancient secrets and deadly bosses, tame everything and build yourself a home-away-from-home as you learn to thrive on planet Woanope.

The problem is that it's not that old of a game, it's released at 2016.
    And it's a paid game.

There's another one called Blockheads, it's released at 2013. This one looks very similar to Minecraft except it's 2D, so you might also want to check it out.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  9. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks-wise, extremely similar. I'll take a deeper look to be sure. So far, it doesn't seem they have the digging down mining stuff supported. But my memory is a bit fuzzy on that. You dig down, but it's still 2d and it looks like you're in a plane (setting up the torches and hiding from zombies). Anyway, it looks close enough, so I'll do some research. Thanks for the help!
    Took a look, it's definitely not. But I guess there are lots of similar games. It's weird to get hung up on one lol. Thanks for trying to help!