LCD Gotham City Simulator

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Mar 3, 2024.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link to series: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/gotham-city-simulator

C1: "It's really easy to become the mayor of Gotham City" lol

It's a nice feature to be able to put in initials and have the system auto-generate a reasonable name that uses them. Real games should have this.

Lol. I knew it was a bad idea for her to be standing in front of such a large glass window in that city while not being Batman ;)

"Something seemed off about Gotham." That is most decidedly an understatement ;)

I wonder what other glasses she'll get, and how she'll use them.

C2: I think I'd be a bit worried about the fact that the mayor's desk has a secret compartment large enough for a corpse...

I wonder what she means by "steel reinforcement." If she just means bars, then that's not going to stop a bullet. Also, bars or bricks covering the window sounds like it would send the wrong message politically. Probably better to just move her office to someplace without a window instead. Cheaper too.

C3: It feels like a large chunk of story got skipped over. Considering that the translators posted chapter 1 twice, I think it may well have been :/

Just how big is her desk that she can fit a grown man in there alongside her corpse?

C4: Sounds like Diamonds are the premium currency in this P2W game. Kinda hoping she's rabidly opposed to paying for power ;)

Spiderman is a Marvel character. What is he doing in a DC city? Are we going to be seeing other Marvel people, or is the author just confused?

I wonder how often she's going to be assassinated...

C6: Yeah, chapter 2 definitely got skipped over by the translators.

That paint feels like something the Joker or Scarecrow would come up with. I wonder what her villain name is going to wind up being ;)

C7: Considering how much Wayne Industries is contributing tot he stability of the city's government, she should probably arrange a meeting with them to determine if they're going to be allies or an obstacle as she tries to reform the city.

I'm sure the picture will be misinterpreted, but I wonder if it'll be taken as a threat.

C8: If she plans to keep Shelk, she's going to have to remember to order him to take care of himself, or he's going drop dead sooner rather than later.

C9: I wonder if she's going to try to hire Peter. It'd be funny, but I'm not sure I see it happening.

Honestly, Deadshot's theory on Peter's identity isn't a bad one.

C10: I wonder how long she can be separated from her glasses for, and how she's planning to hide her first body after the smoke clears.

C14: Honestly, she should have insisted on paying Peter. Considering his attributes, convincing him that working for her is a profitable is absolutely worth doing.

C17: Why would the speed limit inside the city be 60? That's way too high.

"Could she just freeload this batch of goods again?" lol. Honestly, I thought maybe she was the one that tipped them off precisely so that she could freeload it ;)

C18: Lol. I love the coincidence of her accidentally replacing his batarang. Though, I do have to wonder how a batarang qualified as being a discarded object when it was on his belt.

C19: "she, of course, planned to immediately retaliate, being a person that doesn't hold grudges" XD

C20: "had an unknown investor" On the same page, it was stated that it was known that she was the investor?

C21: Lol. I feel sorry for whoever's phone that is ;)

rofl at Batman obeying the speed limit XD

Though, honestly, given the world they live in that kind of abnormal behavior should trigger all kinds of red flags for him.

C22: "why didn't they control Penguin to confess right from the start" I would think the most obvious answer would be magic. Some forms of magic, especially those that force people to behave against their own will, have some very stringent requirements.

If it can't connect to other electronic devices, then how can it connect to a cleaning robot?

I wonder how she's planning to cut their hair after it grows out. No point in growing it without cutting it after all.

C23: "no one is bold enough to use a rocket launcher in Gotham." lol. Sounds like she needs to do some more research ;)

C24: Well, that should help improve Millie and Selina's opinions of the mayor.

Lol. I love that those signs affect her too ;)

C25: As soon as they mentioned the body, I knew it was her own murder they'd be investigating ;)

C26: This isn't Selina Kyle at all. The class war is of no interest to her.

C31: I wonder what her plan was if the badge didn't wind up in Catwoman's possession. The bucket's placement is random after all.

C32: I wonder if her default name is a FFIX reference. It's certainly starting to feel like it.

"She probably had a great talent for begging huh!" lol XD

C33: Why does she never need to log out? It's starting to feel like maybe she's not a player, but actually a magical entity of some kind that's been deceived about the nature of it's own existence. Though, I suppose she could also just be a quadraplegic person or something who spends all day, every day in a VRMMO pod. It feels unlikely though given that this sounds like her first VRMMO.

"She's your responsibility." lol.

She's definitely behaving more like a bounty hunter than a cop...

C34: It feels really premature to promote herself from rookie all the way to Deputy Chief of Homicide. That's skipping way too many rungs to not be a clear sign of nepotism.

Lol. I think she developed the wrong reputation for herself if they decided to tap her as deputy warden ;)

Though, honestly, it probably had more to do with politics since "the mayor" was showing way too much favoritism towards her.

Wouldn't the Lounge have been shutdown when the owner was imprisoned?

C39: "Did she idolize Batman?" lol.

GonZ555 likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw, I liked the glasses system.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is she suddenly being referred to as Vivian instead of VV or the name of her current persona? I can't recall her ever being referred to as Vivian before. It was super confusing.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Bella is a very proactive deputy warden ;)

I wonder what the Bat Fam will do now that she's on their radar. She wasn't exactly subtle about being superhuman.

That aside, I hope we can go back to using the MC's correct name sometime soon. Vivian makes no sense at all given previous dialogue, scenes, developments, etc.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay! ViVi's name is back :)

"Why did it feel like she was trying to conquer the East District?" Yes, Gotham truly is Hell Mode ;)

"So what to do with the Bat-Signal" She could just move it. She's already acknowledged that he's a valued city employee that she doesn't have to pay. Making his work harder unnecessarily is somewhat counter-productive.

That aside, I wonder what she'll do about relocating everyone. I know she had some plans, but it doesn't sound like they were extensive enough. Also wondering if she plans to rebuild the housing she's destroying once the pipes are laid.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll volunteer to improve the security of the website as Robin or Tim the CEO in training, or just break in and fix it without telling anyone ;)

Also curious how the mayor is funding so many bounties. It's definitely not a cheap initiative.

It occurs to me that, when she took on the persona of a police officer, the game gave her skills related to being a police officer. That means that, if she were to take on a new persona with an established profession, then it would probably give her skills for that too. I wonder what it would give her if she chose "superhero" or "sorceress"?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder which video went viral. I'm betting it was the exploding motorcycle, but she did quite a few other conspicuous things as Bella ;)

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The Avengers are here too? I wonder if all of Marvel is, or just the MCU.

Now I'm curious what she'll do in response to the viral video. Try to inspire another maybe?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, that identification wouldn't hold up in court. When you show someone a single picture and ask "Is this him," people are inclined to say yes if the person in the photo is even remotely close to right. Their own mind will alter their memories to match the photo. It's why the police do line ups and show witnesses photo books.

I don't care if the person you killed was an illegal immigrant or not. You would still go to jail for murder. No distinction is made between murdering a citizen and murdering a foreigner. Well, officially anyway. With how corrupt and xenophobic Gotham is in this setting, it's always possible that the judges would choose not to do their jobs properly, even when dealing with a child molesting child killer. I'd find it pretty unbelievable though. Everyone hates people who target kids. It's why child molesters aren't safe in prison.

That aside, I wonder what she plans to do when arresting her boss makes her the warden. I sincerely doubt it will be running the prison ;)

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Since when did she have a Blackgate Prison employee outfit that wasn't her cop persona? Or was this a mistranslation and it was supposed to say that she switched out of that outfit rather than into it?

I wonder what she's planning that requires Good people, especially so many of them.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the (justifiably) conflicted feelings of the superheroes ;)

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect the current council will react poorly to the New Council... I wonder how long it will be until one of them is blackmailed, extorted, assassinated, framed, etc.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the strong feeling that Dick is into the Warden persona ;)

14. Cruzh_0537

Cruzh_0537 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you read the raws?