Spoiler I Rely on Beauty to Stabilize the Country (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by merode, Feb 22, 2021.

1. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have just gotten into this novel, it’s so good but I couldn’t find a spoiler thread for it. Ratings are super high too!!

What’s interesting is that the MC is super smart, calculating and cunning. The relationship between the MC and ML (he’s psychotic and super unruly) is also superb. The translation is very well done, with great notes. Really curious about the spoilers for this one and would appreciate anything I can get:notworthy::cry:

[​IMG]

Alternative
    我靠美颜稳住天下
    Author
    望三山 [Wangsanshan]
    Team
    Translator: Xah Xiaoran
    Genre
    BL, Chinese Novel, Historical, Transmigration
    Novel updates: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-rely-on-beauty-to-stabilize-the-country/

Synopsis (from Foxaholic.com)
    Gu Yuanbai transmigrated into a BL novel as a weak, sickly emperor who barely had any sense of presence in the plot. The novel was a story of the struggle to gain the political power and love between the future regent and the first beauty in the capital, and he was supposed to serve just as a backdrop board.

Gu-wildly ambitious-Yuanbai: Don’t make me laugh.

He was the emperor—why would he let go of his power instead of expanding the national borders and leaving his name in the annals of history?

Xue Yuan, the son of the current supreme general and the future regent, hiding a burning ambition, accompanied his father into the palace for the first time. That day, he looked up, hidden among the crowd of courtiers, and caught a glimpse of the young emperor’s face.

Naturally rebellious, he sneered, thinking contemptuously that the little emperor looked prettier than the palace ladies. With this too-beautiful appearance and weak body, how was he planning to rule the country?

By making people take pity on his frailty?

After offending Gu Yuanbai, Xue Yuan was brought to kneel before him.

Gu Yuanbai let out a muffled cough, the snow falling in thick flakes gathering on his shoulders. Xue Yuan’s expression was dark.

“I’m in a bad mood.” Gu Yuanbai glanced at the future regent with a soft smile, his voice husky. “Don’t make me unhappy, do you understand?”

Xue Yuan was like a mad dog.

However, Gu Yuanbai was not afraid of anything except for life not being exciting enough. Taming a mad dog into a loyal official in his sickly condition was just a different way of challenging himself.

But he was too careless—it seems that the dog became too tame.

-----------------------------------------------------

Any spoilers??

Sect Leader: @alexfilia

@Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003

@blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit

@cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan

@DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae

@Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind

@ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty

@GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter

@Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine

@iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland

@jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea

@kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime

@LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir

@MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader

@Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia

@PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear

@readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce

@scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270

@Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie

@UpInTheAir

@Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah

@winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince

@XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125

@Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro

@324722

@ylial @fox23 @maria_11j

Thank you all so much:love::love:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone provide some spoilers about the MC and ML’s relationship? Will it ever improve? When will the MC fall in love/accept the ML? It’s like impossible at the moment...

4. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it will improve, yes MC will fall in love, yes they will be lovey dovey.

More spoilers now! Excuse the formatting - I'm lifting the spoilers I gave my friends on Discord

selfish, proud, smart and ambitious
    even if he's supposed to die in a few years due to the fact that he has such a frail body
    he's determined to accomplish such big reforms
    to stabilize his dynasty
    MC has such a strong character but he's so physically frail

in part that he's spoiled by royal life but also just that he has a sickly character
    since the emperor is really a cannon fodder in the story he's transmigrated into
    and ML is the novel!ML (and the regent who rules after MC's death)
    yet MC is doing everything he can to ensure that if ML reigns as regent, ML will rename to MC's successor instead of starting a new dynasty like the storyline is supposed to go (hence the overtaming and accidentally bending ML in the process too...)

well MC also wants to be portrayed as a good ruler in history; if he can't live long then his legacy should be long lasting right?

ML is also such a fun character - kinda pretty unique imo for a ML
    kinda like a yandere but also kinda a M
    well he's also kinda considered to be insane by the other characters thanks to his straightforward and stubborn personality

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    that's ML excuse for everything he does to woe MC
    dad sus about ML: what are you doing? ML preparing to send MC love letters: being a loyal minister
    MC: why is your heart racing? ML: I'm excited to server the emperor as a loyal minister
    ML trying to force MC to allow ML to bandage MC's thighs from too much horseback racing: I'm just a loyal minister trying to server the emperor (meanwhile ML is trying to get another peek of MC's d*ck to see if it's really as pink and cute as when he peeked on the MC in the bath)

ML goes from wanting to dethrone the MC
    to being interested in MC as a good emperor
    to thinking that he has the "heartbeat of a loyal minister"
    to crushing on MC and being determined to make MC his
    and then.. possessive af
    (ML trains some wolves to attack anyone who touches MC who isn't a doctor)

anyways MC is a ruthless emperor
    and the novel addresses that MC really is ruthless
    and how he's abandoned his modern day sensibilities about how humans are equal and all that
    since MC has two choices = the slow method that would save more lives but carries a lot more risk towards creating a stable country
    or a quick method that will end in lots of death now but will ensure that MC is in charge of everything

there's no way MC would actually purposefully poison himself when just masturbating's landed him in bed for a few days
    he keeps saying that if he gets a concubine the marriage ceremony would end with him dying in bed with the new concubine cause he's just that weak

ML is also desperately searching for doctors to treat MC
    MC has more or less resigned himself to dying in a few years
    but being with ML is kinda reigniting his wish to live longer
    but damn MC is ruthless to ML
    ML has gotten waterboarded, slapped, kicked in the balls
    what else...
    hit by boards for 50 times
    all at MC's orders

MC almost castrated ML too but an emergency happened that called MC away and saved ML's jewels

Extras - there's a lot of extras.
    There's one about how MC gets the seeds to sweet potato, corn, and potato. He has them planted and names these undiscovered plants except... he misidentified sweet potato and potato and now sweet potato is called potato and potato is known as potato lol.

There's another set of extras about how after MC died, he returns to modern life and he finds that his old life as emperor is written in the history books. Moreover, his relationship with ML as lovers was never revealed but rather considered a strong brotherhood. So dramas love to portray emperor! MC and general! ML as great friends fighting over the drama FL XD.

General!ML apparently committed suicide the day emperor!MC passed away. But no worries, he wakes up in the modern world and eventually reunites with MC - it takes a while for them to properly identify each other tho since both thought the other died/reincarnated instead of transmigration - and they finally get to be all lovey dovey in public and have an actual marriage ceremony and have their relationship be known. (ML is also very very motivated to make a lot of money so he can stock up on all the necessary condoms and lube since they go through it so fast ahem.) :blobnosebleed:

Apparently the reason why MC was so good at politics was because he came from a family of politicians and he was preparing for a career in the government. But after experiencing being an emperor, he's not interested anymore since he won't have the absolute power he had as emperor. Living a peaceful retirement life with ML instead~

There is another extra where book regent!ML transmigrates into our wolfdog!ML's younger bro and he gets to see the relationship between our emperor!MC and general!ML. We learn that he has no romantic relationship with the book!MC as the book described, rather it's more of a political alliance.

Also just a note that Xah Xiaoran translated the first 10 chapters and another Foxaholic translator, Barebones is translating the rest (or hopefully the rest).

5. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so so much for the quick reply!:love::notworthy:
    The discord conversation was hilarious! Is this a secret group or a group we can join to discuss more about this novel?

So far the MC seems like a really good emperor, so when you say that he’s ruthless/will become ruthless, is he gonna go bat-shit crazy killing people left and right, and then justify it as “going the fast way to stabilize the country”?
    - Will us readers accept/convince ourself that it’s for the better since the enemies might try to destabilize the MC and kill him/take over him place?
    - Will the loyal people to the MC support his actions, or will they question it too. I just feel it’s hard when a modern person goes back in time and start acting super ruthless.
    - I guess the reason why the MC wants complete control is because of his obsession for power and his crazy ambitions?:eek:

I can see how the ML might fall in love with the MC now.
    - But I’m still confused as to how the MC will fall for the ML. Did he suddenly start thinking that the ML is a good boy or something? Because the first chapters explained that he is “iron straight” to begin with, and I don’t think the MC is the type that falls for people’s looks either. Not the same way that everyone pretty much swoon at the MC’s face.
    - Around when in the novel can we see that the MC likes the ML too?
    - I guess that since the MC is so weak, there’s no action I guess...:oops:
    - Did he really die young? (Like early 20s something as predicted)

What’s the deal with Prince He and the original shu (the #1 most handsome male in the city, the ice cold one). Did he become an important character later on? Did he fall for the MC or the ML?

Once again, thank you so so much for the spoilers! I am patiently waiting for the translated chapters, I’m gonna keep up the good faith and follow this novel through:giggle::giggle:

Lucy scarlet likes this.
  6. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the many questions, I just became so excited reading your reply. You can just answer a few of them if they are too many:oops::oops:

7. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    I was chatting in the Foxaholic Discord while I was reading the novel.

By ruthless I mean he doesn't have modern day sensibilities. He has no qualms about giving death orders, having people tortured, waging war and conquering nations. He's not going out his way persay to be ruthless, but he's willing to do whatever is needed to achieve his goal ASAP. And well, I mean... it's the MC so the author isn't going to make the alternatives appear better. MC has corrupt officials executed, pins the blame on various corrupt officials to push through the reforms he wants, etc. It's all "for the greater good" and the reforms are ultimately positive for the nation, but it's against the elites' interests. And that's where the murders and death is occurring. In addition, MC is aiming for his nation to be the greater and most powerful in the region which is understandable. So overall, I don't think readers would be unable to support MC's actions.

MC uses ML's one sided affection to control ML and accomplish his goals. But overtime, he gets used to ML's affection and actions and doesn't realize that he's fallen in love until later (slowburn). It's very must a slowly boiling the frog in the pot. MC is fully aware of how crazy and insane ML is. But hey, ML treats and protects MC so well. And yes, there is some action between MC and ML. ML very much enjoys living in modern day since now he can go as hard and fast with the papa heh since MC isn't sick in this body.

MC didn't die very young, but he wasn't very old either. I don't remember the exact age, but I think it was around 50-60 years old? ML and MC manages to find a cure/treatment but MC still doesn't live as long since the damage was already done.

Prince He is MC's adopted older brother I believe. But they were raised as brothers, yet Prince He fell in love with MC. MC is disgusted by that and ultimately Prince He is banished to the borders to lead the troops because of some political plotting happening in Prince He's mansion.

The original shou is a very important politician and supporter of MC. In fact, he is ML's love rival for MC haha and is very disgusted by ML's uh actions(?) and lust towards MC. (ML is very asserted and just does what he wants to MC like holding hands, touching MC's feet, etc. and that's just not something one should do to your emperor ya know?)

8. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you! I download the Foxaholic discord but couldn’t find the chat for individual novels:( Glad I have you here with your spoilers:love:

I see that’s good then. I don’t want to see him go all evil, because ultimately I want to root for him:)

- “MC uses ML's one sided affection to control ML and accomplish his goals.” By this, I understand that the MC doesn’t really like the ML at all in the beginning, but figured he can’t just get rid of him because we will be the future Regent, and has complicated feelings about Chu Wei x ML ship. Although, he feels that the ML is unruly and needs to be controlled.
    - But besides caring a lot for the MC and trying to find ways to extend his life, did he become the MC sword and spear (I know he will become a great general in the future, I mean he is the main protagonist after all)? Did he go to war for the MC?
    - I guess what I want to know is in what more ways did controlling the ML benefit MC and his goals.
    - Just thinking about the story and the plot points moving forward.
    - With slow burn, do we mean mutual love at chapter 80-90ish (plzz author:notworthy:), or chapter 130-140ish (please nooo, I can’t wait this long for lovey dovey scenes):cry::cry:(I think there’s 160ish chapters).

- Also, who is the intended successor of the MC (he has mentioned it a few times about a successor once he has passed away, ofc, it has to be some adopted child since he can’t have one of his own).

- Awee, I kind of feel sorry for Prince He now, he just can’t help but fall in love with the MC:( He must be super hard broken to know that the MC feel disgust for him then?

- Haha so will there be some slight triangle drama? Or is it the ML for the win? Did the original shou ever show love/affection and did he confess to the MC? I bet the MC knows nevertheless
    - Did the novel ever mention how the original shou and the ML even fell in love in the first place? I know the MC mentioned that their relationship was something he didn’t understand either, and then the novel went, if he actually understood what the original shou was thinking regarding male x male (and males approaching him) he would be thinking, how can a straight man x a homophobe even fall in love?
    - Will there be more love interests, or will we only read about how pretty much everyone is charmed by the MC but nobody ain’t doing anything. So just passively longing for the MCs figure passing by/appreciation/smile/etc., Which I mean makes sense given the time period where you are not supposed to sully and list for the Emperor. I guess only the ML is brazen enough to have steamy imagination of the MC. Good for him, or we won’t have any romance, and no action!:p:p

Thank you so much for answering all my questions. I know I asked a lot, and I really appreciate your time and effort into typing the replies!:love::love: Have a super nice day!

9. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes ML is already a general and has and will continue protecting the borders / waging war for MC. MC actually follows his troops to wage war on another country. ML followed along to be MC's bodyguard. And then that war got interrupted by a earthquake and landslide.

At this point, I don't remember the exact chapter number, but yes you are prob looking at around chapter 100 for mutual love. Lots of not so low key flirting prior though. It's probably not until the earthquake where you get a full on declaration of love from MC (but my memory is hazy on the specifics). Earthquake was prob around chapter 120 or later.

Yep adoption.

ML for the win but lots of jelly ML moments. Only in ML's head is it a triangle drama heh. Speaking of ML full of vinegar... he trains a couple wolfs to guard MC. No one is allowed to touch MC except for a doctor otherwise the wolf will attack the person, even if the person is a maid/servant/eunch. Then MC figures out that the wolf can tell who is a doctor if the person smells like medicinal herbs, so he just has everyone wear a pouch of medicinal herbs to get around the wolf issue.

Shou never really had the guts to confess to MC but it was pretty clear and pretty much everyone knew about it.

Apparently there was never love between shou and ML; just for politics and appearance sake. But you don't learn that until the extra where book!ML transmigrates into our ML's younger brother.

Charmed but doing nothing. Well... some people did draw portrait of MC to jerk off of but no confession since it's your monarch who can lop your head off for the disrepect. Lots of foot fetish and trying to show off in front of MC.

10. LitTLeBeLLE

LitTLeBeLLE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember the romance have been developed before 50

@fox23, you are really the best spoiler; I feel I have read the novel again

fox23 likes this.
  11. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilerss

12. fpschubert

fpschubert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think is the disease of the Emperor? I am guessing that he has tuberculosis, considering his symptoms: weak body and coughing blood. TB is deadly in ancient times.

13. Nadelyn

Nadelyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can any dm me where to read the extras? The site I was mtl'ing this only had till chapter 167 :(
    There's no extra on modern times and so on TAT

I googled other sites, but so far past 167 they are repeating past chapters? :/

14. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried mtl the novel, as of now I’m in chapter 23. I laughed so hard in the scene where XY want GY to try ride with him in a horse but GY just snob him off. Then XY secretly wounded the horse so GY have no choice but to ride with him. When XY helped GY ride first, the latter whipped the horse and XY was dragged :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:. How’s that for a revenge!

15. Bjkan

Bjkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the mc get married since you know, he's an emperor?

16. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like the ML at the start, but then slowly towards the ending, I feel that he's really really pitiful. Dmn they never got married, he was never given a proper place. I know it's rational, afterall, MC was building an image of himself as an emperor and people can be shitty. All those hard work will be thrown and him being gay would be highlighted. But I still feel sad for ML since he's really crazy for MC and wanted them to go together but that won't work since MC is an emperor and his burial must be done by tradition. (Thank God it's never implied where, when, or how they died since at least I can assume they died somewhere out of the city. That way, their burial is up to them. But dmn it, ML only talk how he's going to dig MC's tomb so are they really not buried together????)

I definitely love the extra. It's the only part that I felt that MC really love the ML in the same intensity. And ML was more sticky and forceful and now it's MC's time to indulge him. It's like they are now in the same standing.

Ps. There's way too many collateral damage by MC's face that I feel sorry for them. I even have complicated feelings toward Prince He's suffering. There's no ultimate villain around, not even overly malicious people so sometimes I feel sorry for them. Everything is really just a huge political play. MC and ML isn't exactly nice people as well. Heck, they're so in line on their role, it fits them. (Emperor using people as pieces and a General being murderous and bloody.)

Lucy scarlet and JoshyM62 like this.
  17. Candy floss

Candy floss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey, according to a spoiler I read, mc and ml are splitting for 3 or 5 years and ml is traveling the world, is that true? I wonder why they did it this way when mc was already pretty sick. Can someone who reads explain???

18. AnZhe798

AnZhe798 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does this novel have any map??