Spoiler If the Villainess and the Villain Were to Meet and Fall in Love.....

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CreativeCriticalThinker, Dec 25, 2022.

1. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    000000.jpg
    000000.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Description
    Despite being from a prestigious noble family, Bridget, a failed daughter who made a contract with the weakest spirit, one day had her engagement broken off by the third prince, Joseph.

However, no one sympathized with her, who was acting as a proud daughter at the behest of Joseph... At that time, Bridget meets the Duke's son Yuri, who is feared by those around him because of his overwhelming ability and cold personality.

Two people who hate each other and repel each other. However, the encounter gradually changes their destinies. This is the story of a villainess who is despised for being incompetent and a villain who is shunned for being a genius who eventually fall in love.

Associated Names

Akuyaku Reijou to Akuyaku Reisoku ga, Deatte Koi ni Ochitanara - Nanashi no Seirei to Keiyaku shite Oidasareta Reijou wa, Kyou mo Reisoku to Kisoiatte Iru you desu
    If the Villainess and the Villain Were to Meet and Fall in Love
    If the Villainess and the Villain Were to Meet and Fall in Love ~It Seems the Shunned Heroine Who Formed a Contract With an Unnamed Spirit Is Fighting With the Nobleman Yet Again~
    悪役令嬢と悪役令息が、出逢って恋に落ちたなら
    悪役令嬢と悪役令息が、出逢って恋に落ちたなら ~名無しの精霊と契約して追い出された令嬢は、今日も令息と競い合っているようです~

RAWS OG Light Novel Chapter
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9923hb/

Fan-Translated Manga Chapters
    https://mangadex.org/title/36300a46...o-akuyaku-reisoku-ga-deatte-koi-ni-ochitanara
    https://www.mangago.me/read-manga/if_the_villainess_and_the_villain_were_to_meet_and_fall_in_love/

Opinion:
    Another Story where the fiancée FL had to pretend to be more stupid than her trash prince fiancé.
    Previous example:
    • Now That My Engagement With The Prince Was Cancelled, I Will Stop Pretending To Be a Fool
    • When I gave up trying to improve our relationship and kept my distance, my fiancé, who had been dealing with salt, began to get involved.

I get the first impression that this false Villainess Bridget gets inspired by the Rumored Villain Yuri to become stronger, confident and assertive.
    000000.jpg
    000000.jpg
    Just like in the stories 'The Small Village of the Young Lady Without Blessing' & 'The Weakest Tamer Trash Picking Journey Begins' the FMC has very likely a hidden underappreciated special ability.
    I would say the ML is more honest, kind and respectful than the petulant Bully Prince in 'I Want to Be a Receptionist of The Magic World'.
    I hope the way Bridget and Yuri challenge/compete with each other is less toxic and unbalanced than the dynamic in the wacky shoujo Mangas 'Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama!' + 'Special A'.

The Japanese White Lotus Otome always has either short hair or pigtails, doesn't she?:blobunsure:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text. For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    mysticalavalon and FunSmiles like this.
  3. GhoulishGrrl

GhoulishGrrl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy to see this pop up here! I get the feeling they'll be cute together but only time will tell. Hopefully the heroine's harem won't get too annoying.

4. AFairfax

AFairfax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers, please?

5. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    hongmeowpanda likes this.
  6. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers ?

7. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump :3

8. satsuki07

satsuki07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just going to camp here for more spoilers :blobcozy:

nowaynoway likes this.
  9. LeideLis

LeideLis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping too! They're very cute together! :blobpeek:
    And I think that the main villain is the crown prince... I don't know why, but I have this felling!!

10. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone please spoil us!

11. Cipher95

Cipher95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's what I know from skimming the WN raws.

The ex-fiance is the least talented of the princes with contracts to mid level spirits as such he was constantly compared to his more talented brothers. He heard that the MC was even more untalented that he was and got curious. He decided to get engaged with her so that he would be seen as the merciful prince helping out the poor count's daughter. But he found out that she was actually really smart and not wanting the illusion to be destroyed, lied to her about liking dumb girls so she stopped studying at all. He broke the engagement because he found out that she wasn't contracted to a weak spirit at all and felt betrayed so he went to look for a new dumb girl to prop himself up.

She ended up being dumber than the prince expected which caused him more trouble so he manipulated her into attacking the MC to get rid of her. She tried to at first eliminate the MC during an outdoor class but then switched to burning her own hand and claiming that the MC did it. Luckily, the ML had his spirit keep watch on the MC and proved her innocent. The prince then offered to get engaged with her again with sugary word but she said she doesn't need him anymore.

12. yodireads

yodireads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read ahead in the web novel with MTL and come with spoilers!

The one I imagine most folks want to know...
    ...is believed to be a "nameless" spirit (a micro-spirit or remnant of a spirit, too weak to manifest) but it's actually the Phoenix! It's an extremely powerful spirit of light and fire, believed to only exist in legends.

It's power would have been too much for Bridget as a child, so it compressed itself and its magic power as much as possible and went to 'sleep' to wait for her to grow enough to be able to handle it, which is why the priest mistook it for a "nameless" spirit. Although under ordinary circumstances, it would have woken up much sooner, it forced itself to remain asleep because it knew Bridget was afraid of fire and didn't want to scare her :blob_teary: .

With the help of Yuri, his spirits, and the servants of the villa where she's been exiled to by her family, Bridget (who has always loved and wanted to meet her spirit and thank it for choosing her, even when she thought it was nameless and everyone else mocked it) acknowledges that what she has truly been afraid of all along isn't necessarily flames - but a whole host of other things starting with her father. Recognizing this, it manifests as an adorable little chick (see the second image in top post) - Yuri and Bridget both recognize it, but it's not explicitly revealed to the audience or anyone else until awhile later.

Bridget calls it Pi-chan since 'Pi' is the sound of its chirp.

Bonus rambling about Bridget's feelings before the reveal:
    Also - Bridget loves all spirits, and never cared that the spirit she was contracted with was supposedly a "nameless" one disparaged by everyone around her (and the reason why her family literally abused her). She talked to it every day and offered it a gift every weekend.

Ex 1:

"... I just want to see you! I'd like to meet and talk to you even if it's just once! I want to ask about you and the spirit world!. Also, if possible - even if it's just a little, I'd be happy if you could lend me your strength....."
    Ex 2:

Bridget still didn't know the face or name of the spirit who had given her blessings.

But she was glad.

The spirit had chosen Bridget, not anyone else.

So.

No matter who made fun of her, there was no way she could dislike that spirit.

She's horrified when she realizes her fear is the reason her spirit won't come out and immediately demands to roast some sweet potatoes to tackle her fear as quickly as possible while everyone around her kind of panics like, wait, maybe we could take our time with this?

• It’s been a custom since the founding of the kingdom that every child who reaches his or her fifth birthday goes to the temple and attempts to make a contract with a spirit there.

• For both the children and their parents, the contract ceremony has an important meaning in determining their future. Children who aren’t blessed with a contracted spirit won’t have the gift of magic. Children who are will have magic of that attribute - a water spirit will share their water magic, a fire spirit their fire magic, etc.

• The contract and level of the spirit isn't the only thing that influences how much power the contractor will receive - the more a spirit likes their contractor, the more power they'll lend, and the more they will help out of their own will (in particular, manifesting when the contractor is in peril, without being called, is a sign of great love from a spirit).

• It's common practice to give gifts to one's contracted spirit to improve the relationship. In particular, magic stones that share its attribute are a popular offering.

• Their are different levels of spirits ranging in power and perceived usefulness - fairies in particular are considered inferior and useless.

• In addition to named spirits, there are also “micro-spirits” or the “nameless” - the remnants of spirits whose power is so weak that they can only hover in the air, and are too weak to even give their name in the human world. Although they can form contracts, they can't communicate - there has never been any record of a human being able to communicate directly with their contracted micro-spirit / "nameless".

• That said, humans who have contracted with a micro-spirit can use lower-level magic called 生活 魔法/ "living magic” (‘‘living/life’ as in like, ‘day-to-day living/livelihood/one’s daily existence’ - so like, small, everyday task kind of magic is what I assume this means) -- Bridget is not able to use this low-level “living magic”.

• It’s not unusual for commoners to make a contract with a nameless spirit, and most would rejoice, but children of powerful noble families are expected to contract with at least mid-tier level spirits, and anything less is a disgrace.

Bridget’s nickname is actually a lot crueler than I realized at first. It actually has two insinuations -

1. The first and one the audience is told first is that fairies are considered to be inferior and among the more useless spirit species. Ergo, Bridget = useless and inferior.

2. Fairies are also known for stealing human children and leaving replacers/changelings behind. So the second insinuation is that she’s not really a member of her family but instead a) a product of infidelity if you take it metaphorically or b) an actual changeling replacement / inferior substitute if you take it literally.
    If the second one weren't bad enough, her own father is the first one to scream it at her.

I can do some chronological ones through part 1 & 2 and if there's interest, but as you can probably tell, I tend to get a bit long-winded :blobsweat_2:

Also, purely opinion - but to anyone who is worried about the dynamic between Yuri and Bridget - IMO it’s very sweet.
    Yuri’s doesn’t talk much and though he’s sarcastic he listens without judgment - this leads to Bridget spilling her guts to him somewhat frequently (including on their first meeting). The only time he makes a judgy comment is with regards to her actions. For example, changing everything about herself and her personality for a guy - he calls doing this stupid/foolish, which she misunderstands as him calling her stupid/foolish, and leads to their initial bet of ‘who can do better on the next written exam’ which he seems to go along with mostly out of bewildered amusement.

Despite her initial misunderstanding of him, she quickly becomes very good at seeing through him - he tends to get embarrassed/flustered immediately after he does anything that would be interpreted as caring or worrying, and tries to deny it, and she always ignores that part and thanks him instead.

He’s also very good at telling when she’s in a downward spiral and either a) distracting her from it / cajoling her out of it (usually by appealing to her competitive side or her love of spirits) or b) getting her to spill her guts and getting to the bottom of it.

They banter back and forth but it’s never cruel - it’s usually ridiculous. For example, they get competitive over who has more enemies at school. Most of their exchanges end either with with Yuri telling her to be careful about silly things (don’t kick your sheets off while you nap, don’t trip on the stairs) and her retorting that she isn’t a child, or her fangirling over his contracted spirits and him grumbling not to flirt with other people's spirits :blobjoy: (Undine, his beautiful water spirit, is particularly fond of Bridget and Bridget thinks she's ridiculously pretty - and Undine clearly has a sense of humor about her contractor's feelings about it)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  13. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! So what happens after the reveal and how does Bridget react to it?

14. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Royal or Duke Douchebags with an huge inferior complex and no real competence/dignity always blame or take out their anger/frustration on their arranged fiancee who initially loved them & covered up their flaws/incompetence.

So it is not a big surprise that they choose a Dumber Cheerleading Pick Me Girl as their lover to feel personally superior.

Thanks to your Spoilers I can be certain/feel assured that these two are really good to/for each other. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    There is no toxic competition or unequal mistreatment between these two. They are bringing the best of each other out:) .
    Wholesome harmless cute teasing :aww:

15. Delta-97

Delta-97 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Do you are anyone else know what happens to the MC's trash family? Any spoilers, please?

16. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ⛺⛺⛺⛺⛺⛺ here for more spoiler

AnimeHuntress likes this.
  17. yodireads

yodireads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely a slow drip - nothing immediately changes. The temple starts looking for the source of the spirit (there's a giant beam of light in the middle of the night, and everyone else's spirits react, but no one knows the source, and Bridget and Yuri don't notice). She doesn't talk to her family so they don't know, and Bridget and Yuri carry on as usual. By the time the spirit makes a manifested appearance Bridget's already saved her classmates from another classmate's runaway magic power, so they've already figured out she must have a powerful spirit, even if they don't know what it is. During that particular incident, a glowing light was all that was visible, but it calmed the rampage. This event happens pretty early on, so at the time, Bridget didn't know what it was either. The professor overseeing the class is the first to theorize that Bridget's spirit might have been 'sleeping' all this time.

It's not revealed to the public until much later, and as Bridget's knowledge of spirits earns her allies over time, but the time the reveal happens, the folks around her are mostly like 'yeah that makes sense.'

Bit of background on what her family did to her, because more and more is revealed as the story goes on and it starts bad and gets worse.
    These are sprinkled out through the story I’m going to put them all here to minimize the warnings.
    • As soon as 5 year-old Bridget returned home after her contracted spirit was revealed to be “Nameless”, her father grabbed her and thrust her left arm into the burning fireplace, and held it there until everyone broke out of their shock and stopped it. The flashbacks to this get increasingly descriptive in how gruesome and agonizing it was - like describing the scent of burning flesh gruesome.

• These flashbacks understandably tend to lock Bridget in a kind of freeze/fear response.

• The wound was too bad to be completely healed, even by a high-ranking priest because it wasn't regular fire, it was the fire of Ifrit, a highest-level fire spirit (this reveal happens late). Ever since, Bridget has hidden her burned and sore left hand with an elbow-length glove.

• Count Meydel insisted that he had simply intended to renegotiate the contract "If this is really my child, she would never make a contract with a nameless spirit"

• Count then said she had no right to live in the family's main residence, and banished the still-recovering Bridget to a small villa in a corner of the property. Maidservants, cooks and gardeners judged to be less than competent at the main residence were also kicked out of the mansion and sent with her, leading many of them to resent her at first (though over time, the ones that stayed came to care for her in place of her family).

• Her mother, who had her fidelity questioned, would ask Bridget why she’s useless, why she’s the only one who isn’t good enough, and if it’s her (Bridget’s mother’s) fault. Yeesh.

• While she was recovering, she frequently heard her father screaming that she wasn’t his child, she must be a changeling, his true child was stolen, and her mother hysterically denying things.

• They adopted a boy from a branch family who is a year younger than Bridget who is contracted to a high level fire spirit - he’s in the grade below her, but because she’s been confined to a villa, she doesn’t really see much of him.

• Bridget is clearly (and frankly, understandably) traumatized. Mentioning her father and her nickname together throw her into an immediate downward spiral.

• We learn way later that Yuri and his family were there to witness this as part of early marriage alliance negotiations, which were called off. So Yuri's known from the start what happened, why she's afraid of fire, and who is responsible.

• Her memories of this entire period are understandably very jumbled up, and there's some hints that they're not entirely reliable (particularly her memory of being accused/hated - some of the household servants like the butler have diligently kept her room in the main mansion clean in hopes of her eventual return, for example). But the sequence is verified by other POVs.
    They are SUCH TRASH. Except the little bro, he's a good egg roped into a lousy situation.

Father: We eventually learn that her father was immediately abandoned by Ifrit (the high level fire elemental) after using its fire to burn the 5 year old Bridget, and he hasn't been able to summon them since. He's been making the adopted little brother use his Ifrit and pretending it's his own. This constitutes deceiving the royal family, so he gets hauled off to jail when that comes to light.

Mother: I need to go back and re-read this, because memory's a little fuzzy on the specifics. I do know she ends up extremely depressed and haunted by an evil spirit that slowly drains her power and haunts her with illusions that magnify those negative feelings and (I think) let her see Bridget. Little brother comes to Bridget for help when the mother goes missing, and Bridget saves her. I need to go back, because I'm not sure if Bridget's an unreliable narrator (proven in a few cases) and misunderstood her mother blaming herself as blaming Bridget or if mother had a change of heart and realized how awful she was to Bridget or what. Doesn't change that she never went to see Bridget. She also hasn't had access to her fire spirit (a salamander) since the incident, which would have been powerful enough to ward away the wicked spirit, but it's implied this is self-inflicted, that she's choosing not summon it so she can see Bridget (or at least, the illusion of Bridget). Kinda skimmed all this. Pretty sure she ends up in jail with father.

Rosé: Adopted little brother. He's actually a really good kid, bit of a tsun. Like with Yuri, Bridget misunderstands his initial onscreen convo with him as him wanting to call her the 'Red Fairy' but he actually wants to call her 'big sis'. Even though his adoptive mother basically completely ignored him, he still goes to Bridget to help her. It's revealed towards the end that he's been forced to lend his Ifrit to the dad to cover for dad's being abandoned, which makes him complicit in deceiving the royal family, and he acknowledges this and states his intention to not protest any punishment, but it's implied he will be let off lightly given that he was a literal child when it all started, and he's still slated to inherit iirc.

Side note that's purely an opinion - I will say one of the things that makes me grind my teeth a bit about this series is how forgiving Bridget is. She doesn't seem to have so much as a scrap of anger or bitterness in her (a lot of fear, but no anger), not even like, casual aversion or annoyance. It's to the point it just feels unrealistic. Even the nicest people in the world still have folks they'd at least prefer to avoid being around or moments where they're in a sulky mood. It makes her feel very, very 2D imo. Still a cute series.

Just in case you want further confirmation that dad and prince are trash--

Part 1 ends with the trash Prince saying, 'hey Bridget, come be my fiance again' and Part 2 ends with trash dad saying 'hey Bridget, come back to the main house again' like they did NOTHING WRONG.

18. datraccoonboi

datraccoonboi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoiler!!! but i want more butterfly moments

19. SBFan

SBFan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Спасибо for the spoilers, can anyone give the MTL? I can't find it..

20. nowaynoway

nowaynoway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers. These were really great.

yodireads likes this.