Resolved Korean - Divorced pregnant empress after husband takes in the child of his first love

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by k.inn, Aug 4, 2021.

1. k.inn

k.inn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the spoiler thread for this a few days ago but forgot I was on incognito :'). No history ;-;

From what I remember
    • MC is the childhood friend of the ML.
    • ML (either the 2nd prince or illegitimate prince) had a first love who married the King next door
    • First love made it look like she and ML slept together (didn't actually happen) before she left to get married (I think the child actually belonged to ML's older brother who died later - hence ML became the Emperor)
    • ML asked MC to marry him. He told MC that he couldn't love her but she would be his only wife
    • MC had unrequited love for the ML so she agreed but she had trouble getting pregnant (??)
    • First love eventually returns (I think her husband died) and she brought back ML's "only son"
    • ML thought the son was his and told MC that she would now have a child (-facepalm-)
    • MC was devastated and thought ML was still in love with his first love
    • She found out she was pregnant but just wanted to leave
    • She either asked ML for divorce or ran away with the help of her father (the duke)
    • Later on, it was revealed that ML never restarted a romantic relationship with first love (nor did he give her an official position) despite acknowledging the prince (I'll call him first prince) as his son. I think ML was always searching for the MC
    • ML eventually finds MC but mistakenly thinks that his son (who I'll refer to as the second prince) is the child that MC had with the second male lead
    • First love found out about MC and her son and tried to set them on fire
    • ML rescued MC and her son from the fire
    • The magic earring that the second prince wore broke (it would change his appearance) and it was revealed that he was actually the son of the ML
    • It was eventually revealed later that the "first prince" wasn't the son of ML but his nephew. I think the nephew was devastated by this revelation as he always thought ML was his father and looked up to him (hence was really jealous of the second prince who had the adoration of the ML. I remember feeling really bad for the first prince reading this)
    • I think the biological uncle (First love's brother) pleaded with ML to let the first prince go (the first prince had unknowingly given the second prince poison) in exchange for the antidote.
    • The first prince and uncle left the empire. Before that, the ML had a talk with the first prince because he saw himself in him??

Thanks for your help ^^

2. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    This one

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-wont-accept-your-regrets/

k.inn likes this.
  3. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link