LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since all he needs is to touch the thing, couldn't he have just asked the Hall Master to let him appraise it as an aid to his training? I don't think he would have refused.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they really want them identified, then why is there a time limit? A good appraisal is never the same as a fast appraisal, especially if he has to justify his appraisals. I mean seriously, it'd probably take more than ten breaths just for the explanation alone.

I wonder if he needs the 1-4 star badges before he can take the 5 star exam.

3. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The time limit is to ensure that no one else can pass the challenge until Zhang Xuan gets there. Or they just don't want the items appraised so it keeps drawing people in. Those are the only answers that makes sense.

If it were a proper challenge it would at least give others a chance. As it is, it's essentially custom-made for the MC.

jacobpaige likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, finally the butler does something right ;)

If you only need to identify one to pass, then what happens when you identify them all? Do you get 50k instead? If not, then what's the incentive to appraise them all? Prestige?

justmehere likes this.
  5. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The princess and the hall master need to be a bit more proactive with protecting their assets or, if nothing else, require a cut of the profits ;)

That aside, I'm starting to lose interest in this series. There's just not enough variation. I can practically write the next ten chapters myself if I don't worry too much about the minor details.

Lokumi likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How would him taking the treasures bankrupt them? They don't even know what the treasures are. They're basically worthless to the Hall. It's not like they could sell them to anyone else so long as the other party didn't have a way to appraise them.

If they need a way to test for five stars, then I'm sure that they can consult the next hall up. I sincerely doubt that every hall at their level uses this method of testing. They can just do whatever everyone else is doing.

8. availchet

availchet Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The time limit is for the 5 star appraiser exam.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, which is why it doesn't really make sense. A job like that can be done well, or it can be done fast, not both. Of course, if the appraiser specializes in the particular item, then this time can be reduced, but that really only applies for relatively common or well known items, which none of these are.

Basically, this is a test of luck, not skill. If you get lucky, you'll know the item. If you don't, then you'll have to memorize everything you can about it, go off and research, then come back and pay another 100 spirit stones to try again. Rinse and repeat until you succeed or run out of money. Since the stones are used to power the device, there's no profit in this for the Appraiser's Hall, so it winds up being a massive waste of both time and money for all concerned.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there's no chance at all that 4800 will be enough. If it were, then he wouldn't get the chance to smack face. Though I am curious why it's only 4800. Shouldn't it be 12800? I'm sure the auction house will be willing to accept the debts of two four-star appraisers. Plus, he can also add in tutelage tokens. If he wants, he could even make a six star one for Yang-shi and use that.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems odd that they stopped the sword's auction to auction the painting. If I had been bidding on the sword, I'd be quite irritated, especially if I didn't want the painting since people who did want it would be less likely to go all out for the sword.

I wonder if the MC will suddenly declare that he has no interest in tutelage tokens and require spirit stones to be paid. Regardless, it's pretty clear that the puppet will be bought by the MC when he publicly clashes with the "young master" and humiliates him while raising the cultivation of the puppet's owner is some abnormal way that shocks everyone.

12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    feels like the guy selling the metal problem is that he cant poop....

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimming the first paragraph was enough to make it clear that this chapter wasn't worth reading. Skimming the end of the chapter and reading the title of the next one is enough to tell me that the next one won't be worth reading either. Basically, the title will be the last line and it'll be the only important thing in the chapter. Which means, there won't be any developments until the chapter after next, which will be highly predictable in nature, so it's debatable whether or not it will be worth reading. Honestly, if the author decides to drag it out, the chapter after that one might not be worth reading either.

Can someone who's read ahead tell me if we ever break out of recycling the same small handful of plots? I mean, is there anything in the future that isn't just a minor variation on something that we've seen more than a dozen times already in this series?

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Called it perfectly. Utterly meaningless chapter.

15. FromAboveHeaven

FromAboveHeaven Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair most of the "Plot Twist" have been the same stuff for the last 400+ Chapters, its always been
    - Get misunderstood
    - Clear mistunderstanding
    - To something absurd
    - Everyone is baffled and feels like vomiting blood etc.
    - Absurd thing works out
    - Rinse and Repeat

jacobpaige likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, why does he think that soul oracle souls are easy to obtain? ;)

I wonder if Sun Qiang also inherited the soul oracle's knowledge and techniques.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If there were only three flaws, then why didn't he look at what they were and maybe take a stab at fixing them? It's not like it's hard for him to confirm his changes.

That aside, if this technique allows flight, I wonder what the minimum cultivation is to use it continuously, and what cultivation you'd normally need to fly. Also curious if he'll update his student's movement arts to add elements of flight (or full-blown flight) to them.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Something tells me Yang Shi will be flying in front of the populace at some point. I wonder what people will guess his level is at that point, and how he'll hide his use of zhenqi when executing the technique.

Why is he so down on the technique? At his level it's obviously meant to be used while jumping to create footholds in the air. Trying to sustain flight with it with a cultivation as low as his own just shows that he's completely missed the point.

How does that guy still think the MC would be interested in his guidance when he turned down 21 of his tokens? Is he stupid or something?

I wonder if the MC will raise his cultivation right in front of the moron.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, I love how fast and smooth that reversal was ;)

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm betting the author is going to forget this and have the MC eat something in the future.

I wonder what grade formation master he'll be when he walks out of that building. Currently, I'm betting on five star, but the cultivation requirements might limit him to four star. Also wondering if it might be better to stockpile chapters for a while so I can skim through this mini arc since it's extremely unlikely to be significantly different from all of his other visits to guilds.