Recommendations looking for novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by thymee, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't that her name? I was referring to that girl, Liv might've been her name, who was a childhood friend of Kip, but switched sides at Garriston to make the Color Prince shoot his troops who were pursuing Kip & Karris at that time. Her father was an old general of Dazen, and also lived in the same town as Kip.

2. rozenmaiden

rozenmaiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you accept Japanese novel? If you are, then this a few of my recommendation:
    1. Nidome no Yuusha
    MC is betrayed by his comrade until he died and sort of sent back of time. He is enraged and swore to kill every single one that make him died. In later chapters (Not translated)
    He torture his former friend and kill the most important person to said former friend. And he kill it with the most gruesome torture: Filled it with magic power until it burst to death. Yeah, died like a baloon. poof.

2. A step into Past
    CN Novel. MC is sent back to past. One of most dark novel that i actually avoid after read it once. Well, one of his woman will sex with many man, many heroine dies in unexpectedly ways and etc. Maybe you will like it.

3. Durrendal

Durrendal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh I see the confusion. I have never read Brent Weeks. :p I was commenting about how someone might confuse NTR.

4. kiozor

kiozor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was here to collect some information but it wasn't that much to my expectation. I myself were a hardcore fans of dark themed genre, attracted and interested upon corrupted characters such as Heroes went to Anti-Hero when they were betrayed, casted away, abandoned etc. I don't know about other dark theme lovers, but when I see it from the MC perspective, that unexplained swirling pessimistic emotion deep within oneself were more or less pulling me into the darkness. I'm not certain if I'm a Masochist but from what I could interpret, most likely I'll unconsciously convert those emotion into hate & I could gradually feel the deep grudge & hatred towards everything, is this a form of madness that was the rumored taboo? I'm not certain. But I'm certainly sure am attracted to insanity & madness, perhaps this is what Asura of Soul Eater felt?

As such, I've always seeking anything that could bring forth even a glitter of negative feelings be it unrequited love, corruption, or any sort that could lead to a new profound or ideology of certain MC from good to evil. Even NTR is within my strike, or some sort of awareness or potential sense to netorare route. In short anything that could made your negative energy come bursting out, something like the common one; Clanned After Story, 5cm per second, ef; A Tale of Melodies, Code Geass, Tokyo Ghoul, and I absolutely loved Mushoku Tensei for the story of future Rudeus. Thought its hard to get any characters to embracing the dark side, Arifureta looks promising in the beginning arc, until the story become soft. So far I've only acknowledged Code Geass as it ended with a 'nice' vibe.

P/S: It looks to me that I'm having fun feeding on all these pessimistic emotions