Spoiler My Engagement Got Broken Off (LOL) / 婚約破棄されまして(笑)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CreativeCriticalThinker, Feb 4, 2023.

1. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    00000000.jpg
    000000000.jpg
    0000000.jpg
    0000000.jpg
    Alternative:
    The Engagement Was Broken (LOL)
    Konyaku Haki Saremashite (Emi)
    婚約破棄されまして(笑)

Author(s)
    TAKEMOTO Yoshiki
    Artist(s)
    IKURA Daifuku

Summary:
    Elise von Schwarzwald’s engagement gets annulled, but she’s got bigger things to think about. She just regained her memories as Yuriko Satou and she wants to cook & eat delicious food!

Novel RAWS
    https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/118283591/745176223

Manga RAWS
    https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/954000360
    https://rawlazy.si/manga-lazy/婚約破棄されまして笑-raw-free/

Fan Translation
    https://www.mangago.me/read-manga/my_engagement_got_broken_off_lol/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    hozuki16, Creolenerd and your crush like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks fun

4. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So here's the basic gist from what I could figure out and from the manga:

The MC is a reincarnated Japanese OL. When she realizes her predicament her reaction is honestly relief, as the prince is a total idiot and the queen training is really harsh. Plus once they got married she'd be sequestered away until she produces enough male heirs. On top of that, the definition of "enough" is "however many she said she would have at the marriage ceremony". So if someone was foolish enough to say a large number, they'd be essentially imprisoned and kept as a brood mare until she produced that many male babies. I'm guessing that OGH is stupid enough to give a large number.

MC is slick enough to get out of the situation unscathed, meaning without being banished from the kingdom. Her family is very supportive and they're glad as well that she isn't going to marry the prince. On a fun note, ending the engagement means that the kingdom will lose the perks gained through her engagement, such as cheap passage through her family's territory. The queen is furious at how stupid her son was, so she was more than happy to teach him a lesson when the chance arises. What's that chance? Well, MC has to return to the castle to sign documents dissolving the engagement. During this, the OGH claims MC hit her at full strength. MC says she'll disprove this, but if she's successful, OGH and the prince have to be engaged. Queen tops this by saying the marriage will happen in a month's time. OGH is stupid and doesn't realize she's being sent into a trap. MC then shows that the OGH was lying, as she's so strong that even using part of her strength is enough to send a grown man in armor and shield across the room. OGH admits the lie, she gets engaged to the prince.

MC returns back to her territory, where she's doing your typical isekai MC culinary revolution. She learns that different, odd plants create different sauces, something that is a bit of a change. She still manages to create things that weren't there before and using a Japanese woman's mentality, but the author does try to justify why this hasn't been discovered yet, at least somewhat. MC then returns back to the kingdom to see the wedding. During this, a royal prince from the empire is making his way to the palace as well.

MC congratulates the prince, who decides that he likes this seemingly obedient MC and tries hitting on her. During a party to celebrate the wedding. MC does a polite brush off and threatens to bring up the previous "she hit me" scenario, which would humiliate him and his new bride. He agrees to back off. Meanwhile, MC notices the royal prince (not the creep) and they basically realize that each other is a reincarnated person. Of note is that the OGH is also likely a reincarnated person. Just one too stupid to realize that they aren't in a game scenario anymore and that her prince charming is in reality a gross creep.

That's about where the manga leaves off. Looking at the synopsis in the Alphaopolis site, it looks like MC does manage to get away from the awful prince but does worry about her friends, since there are other fiancee candidates who would basically become concubines for the creep. Also, when she comes home she awakens to a special power where she can access an island where she can raise any animal and any crops she plants grow at a very fast rate. It also looks like the royal prince is the ML and they eventually get married.

Something else of note is that it looks like the series starts off strong but gets weaker as stuff goes on, as there's a ton of focus on food and the typical "focus on food and using my past life knowledge" isekai shuffle that doesn't really bring a lot to the table. It seems like this is why the fan translation was dropped. The Japanese fanbase seems to like it though.

5. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also of note, the scanlated manga has already surpassed what had been translated. So I can see the complaints of it moving slow.

6. Crayon

Crayon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know the stupid ogheroine and the stupid creep prince. Anyone? Spoiler? Please? :oops:(n)

7. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link