Picked Up Phantom Thief Steals the Dawn (BL) / 그 괴도는 새벽을 훔친다

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Flying UFO, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Flying UFO

Flying UFO Double Flying

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Phantom Thief Steals the Dawn / 그 괴도는 새벽을 훔친다
    [​IMG]
    Raw Link: Ridibooks , Kakao
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-phantom-thief-steals-the-dawn/ (Picked up!) :blobparty:
    Length: 5 volumes + 1 side story volume (completed)
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    • Phantom Thief Trope!!! blob_crime:blobpoliceangry:
    • Sly, capable, and confident MC + green flag ML. MC likes to tease ML.
    • Interesting world setting with solid plot. Sometimes author used fairytale-like writing to introduce place/item.
    • *cough* Hot R19 scene ::blobcatsmile::
    [The Phantom Thief Astar. Writing the History of Escape Once Again].

Astar, the thief who steals 'Ashtarte', items with special abilities blessed by the gods. He boasts high popularity by stealing from nobles and donating them to commoners. While in the middle of his rogue activities today, he encounters a mysterious man... A man of unknown identity who gets along with the prince and respected by the nobles. But, this man seems to know something about Astar's ultimate goal: 'The Dawn'?

[Preview]
    "Hey. Aeon."
    Aeon's shoulders twitch noticeably, his mind that wandered away in a different world returned, then he slowly raises his eyes to focus on Astar. Astar understands that reaction. Even if it were himself, he would react similarly if his idol called out to him. Of course, Astar has no idol as he is the best in the world. Astar, who had been proudly looking at his fan, casually shook the stolen item 'Golden Cage' and asked Aeon, "Is this supposed to be a room inside the palace? It looks like an ordinary room no matter how you look at it. Does Fog have information about this?"

"..."

A straight silence flowed over the roof.

Oh, this, this, I should throw in some fan service. Astar once again transformed into the black-haired Astar who first appeared in the cafe, tilted his head with the Golden Cage on his forehead, he playfully looks at Aeon.

"Huh? I wish you could tell me. You can do that much, can't you?"

Astar's mask sparkled in the sunlight. His cheerful demeanor revealed his sharply pointed fangs. Astar laughed meaningfully and provocatively at Aeon. Seeing him, Aeon involuntarily opened his mouth...

Description from NU page:
    “The Phantom Thief Astar has appeared!”

Astar, a phantom thief, is renowned for stealing items with unique powers called “Ashtartes,” treasures of the empire that are blessed by the gods. He is also known for pilfering valuables from the nobility to distribute among the common folk, which has garnered him a legendary status. During one of his heists, while securing an Ashtarte, he crosses paths with a mysterious individual named Aeon.

Aeon: “As expected, this one’s indeed a fake. If so, where’s the real one?”

Astar: “If the Ashtarte approves of me, then the original must be where I am.”

Upon discovering a man at the scene, Astar lights sleeping incense to conceal his tracks. While he escapes unscathed, Astar remains intrigued by the enigma of Aeon’s identity – a mysterious figure acknowledged by the crown prince and esteemed by the nobility.

Aeon: “… My name is Aeon Worth.”

Astar: “A pleasure to meet you, Monsieur Worth. I’m Chloe Evanchester.”

Astar realizes that Aeon, whom he met by chance, knows about the treasure he’s been chasing, called “Dawn” – Astar’s ultimate goal. He then goes undercover as Aeon’s physician.

“As the audience wishes, shall we have some fun?”

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024 at 9:45 PM
    donutsandtwists and xuexxi like this.
  2. Emo Dumpling

Emo Dumpling Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. 25thShoto

25thShoto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've picked up the novel. The first chapter is out, but the series page is pending acceptance ^^

Flying UFO likes this.
  5. delulu reader

delulu reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there :blobrose:

Flying UFO likes this.
  6. Flying UFO

Flying UFO Double Flying

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I updated the thread to Picked Up and linked it to NU page