Spoiler Reborn to Epiphanies / Rebirth's Enlightenment [BL]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ludagad, Mar 18, 2019.

1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    So I took a look through wintertranslates wordpress as I periodically do, and found this novel ---> Reborn to Epiphanies. You can read the synopsis, her review, the title in Chinese, etc if you click on the link. Type the Chinese title in google and you'll find some raw sites. The ck101 site in particular has the smut scene, but doesn't have all the chapters. The ggdown site has all the chapters, but I can't guarantee the smut chapter, cause I didn't check~

I was in the mood for a second chance rebirth novel and I went for it cause the synopsis sounded cool. Boy, am I glad I did. So, to share my utter happiness at having read this novel and the pure bliss and relaxation it left me with, I decided to bring you chapter summaries, until some other victim decides to take on the challenge of translating this novel. I will sporadically translate some bits if I have the time. Maybe the smut parts, lol, cause I'm a bona fide fujo perv.

Once the Jingzhe period in March arrived, it would always rain in Liyun town. The sound of the pattering rain, mixed together with the characteristically humid air of the small Southern town, enveloped his body. Even after being away from home for so many years, Lin Jingzhe could never forget this sensation.

He suffered from insomnia. Ever since the day of his father's death, when Lin Jingzhe was 29, he had been unable to sleep well. Thus, after waking up from the sound of the rain at 4 in the morning, he sat down by the house entrance and blankly gazed into the distance at Liyun mountain that was shrouded in mist. In 1990, it still hadn't been discovered that the mountain had mineral resources hidden deep under its soil. It looked beautiful and majestic, very different from the desolate picture in Lin Jingzhe's impression.

The house entrance, however, was in disarray. A white wreath with “Funeral” written on it was blown askew and swinging like a pendulum. A suona was randomly left in the corner to be splashed by mud. Wet leftovers from red firecrackers on the ground...

He turned his head and his sight fell on the lone fir tree coffin placed in the living room. Polished with tung oil, the wood was red and glossy. The cost was considerably high. It was one of the favorite materials for the rich people in Liyun town.

Lying inside was the maternal grandfather Lin Jingzhe had tearfully sent off more than twenty years ago – Jiang Jipin.

Lin Jingzhe sees the calendar showing March 6, 1990. He knows that in four days, his grandfather will be buried, and it would mark the beginning of the rise of Jiang family. He could recall that he had just returned from advanced studies abroad, hadn't slept for 40 hours and went to his hometown to drink some wine in front of his grandfather's tomb. He was shocked to learn that his friend Gao Sheng had been executed, so he cried and fell asleep on the tomb. When he woke up, he had returned to his 18th birthday, 25 years in the past.

Just then, someone calls for him and an old bike stops in front of his house. It's 18 year old Gao Sheng, holding an umbrella, and saying he'll take him to school. Gao Sheng sees he's pale, but assumes it's because he's sad for his grandfather. Lin Jingzhe tells him to wait alittle, then goes back inside to the coffin and looks at his grandfather - the only person he'd loved and trusted in his life. He regrets he wasn't sent just a few days earlier in the past, so he could hear his voice again.

In the 90s, Liyun town is still very rural. After leaving the "rich area" where the Jiangs live, the road is full of potholes and the bike shakes while Lin Jingzhe holds the umbrella for the two of them. Gao Sheng comments on their recent poor results and that the class teacher didn't like them, so she'll probably do a bad review. He's scared how his mother will react. Lin Jingzhe feels nostalgic listening to the boys worries about school. When he hears about the 'review', he thinks it wasn't as simple as that.

1990 was the turning point of is life. It was the year he was about to graduate high school, but after his grandfather's death, lots of accidents disrupted his path. According to his memories, in the first class today, the class teacher Li Yurong will announce that some students who didn't seem promising would be transferred to class 5. Those students included himself, Gao Sheng, and his other friend Zhou Haijun.

Gao Sheng and Zhou Haijun aren't good at studying, so they've always been a thorn in the teacher's eyes. Lin Jingzhe was originally an excellent student, but due to his grandfather's illness and then death, his results have dropped in recent months. From within the top 10 in school, to top 30 in class. The results from the college exam is related to teachers evaluations and Li Yurong wasn't willing to keep them in her class. Gao Sheng's mother is also a teacher in the school.

The classes were arranged by performance, so class 1 is the highest and class 5 - the lowest. For the previous Lin Jingzhe, being dropped so close to the college exam was a great humiliation. Combined with his grief, his psyche completely broke and his results at the exam were very bad. Those results had brought on a series of chain consequences. His ability to work was questioned, promotion was limited. Until his 30's, he'd been struggling in life and had lost too much because of his incompetence.

His friends, Gao Sheng and Zhou Haijun, had given up on studying and joined the local gang due to lack of money. At the time, the local gangs made a lot of money, but they were small fries compared to the mafia that would later come and pinch them to death. His friends's families were eventually broken.

As for Lin Jingzhe, he recalls the tearful face of his father on his deathbed and can't breather for a while, until Gao Sheng reminds him they've reached the school. Gao Sheng pulls out a lunchbox made by his mother and gives it to him. His mother is the class teacher of class 5 and teaches math. Lin Jingzhe grew up without a mother, so Gao Sheng's mom often made food for him. He almost cries at the familiar taste of the food. He remembers that when Gao Sheng got sentenced, his mother seemed to age overnight and soon passed away. She was like a half mother to Lin Jingzhe, so he grieved at her death, then had to hide it from Gao Sheng when he visited him in jail.

In this life... Lin Jingzhe hides his tears as he chews the food. Then a voice comes from behind, mocking that he dares to show up in class. He raises his head and confirms it's an old acquaintance - his cousin Jiang Run. He's the son of his aunt (the sister of his mother) and grew up in the same town and same class. Their contradictions started with school performance comparisons, but as they grew up, it became more complicated. His grandfather had made a will before he died and scattered his industry among his children, but left money, his house and antiques to Lin Jingzhe, as he already knew that his children were ungenerous and wouldn't care for the boy.

This decision shocked the Jiang family, since they had started making plans for his antiques even before he'd died. Lin Jingzhe's aunt had promised the antiques to the provincial leader who liked to collect them, hoping it would benefit her business. Because of the grandfather's decision, it ruined her plans and she couldn't stop cursing him and Lin Jingzhe at home. Jiang Run heard all that and hated Lin Jingzhe even more, so when he learned that his cousin's marks on the mock exam were more than 100 points lower than his, he was happy and specially waited for him to taunt him.

Lin Jingzhe doesn't respond to his mocking, but Gao Sheng immediately jumps to fight. Jiang Run taunts them some more, hoping it'll escalate into a fight, so the school would punish them. Lin Jingzhe calmly eats his breakfast, but his heart isn't that calm. The entire Jiang family, except for his grandfather, had done him dirty in his life. In the previous life, at this point, he didn't know what the antiques meant to the Jiang family. He was still ignorant and inexperienced and only treated them with an emotional attachment and wasn't willing to give them away. But the Jiangs still forced them out of his hands in the end.

In such a small town in the 90s, the law wasn't that strong. The Jiangs directly removed the antiques from his house and he couldn't prevent them. When he wanted to pursue the issue, his mother, who had lived away from him in the provincial capital for years, called him showing care. He was at his most vulnerable time, so his mother's 'kindness' came at the right time. He was convinced by her to let the family have the antiques, then give up going to a university in Yan city and go for one in the provincial capital where she lived. He only realized what a scam it was after a long, long time. By then, the Jiangs had relied on the gift of antiques to rise in the ranks in Liyun town.

Just then, Lin Jingzhe sees some people rushing to their side. He smirks and lets go of Gao Sheng, then approaches Jiang Run and whispers that he shouldn't care so much about him, but his own mother. Hasn't she been very angry recently (because of the antiques). Jiang Run is provoked and grabs Lin Jingzhe and raises his fist to hit him, when he's stopped by a shout. It's the director of the department of education with an ugly face. Next to him is Li Yurong. The director notices the bigger Jiang Run bullying the smaller Lin Jingzhe and starts admonishing. Li Yurong tries to turn the blame to Lin Jingzhe, since she favored Jiang Run as his test scores were good. The director gets pissed seeing her partiality and punishes Jiang Run for bullying a fellow student by writing up a review and making him apologize in public. Li Yurong is scared, because this kind of thing will remain in Jiang Run's student file as a black spot that would affect his entry in university. His mother originally bribed Li Yurong for the reserved spot in Gunan university, but he wouldn't be able to get it without a spotless resume.

The director ignores Li Yurong's protests and enters the classroom. Li yurong follows him in without a choice, leaving Jiang Run frozen in place. He realizes his mother's plans might be ruined because of this. Lin Jingzhe removes Jiang Run's hands from himself and pats him on the shoulder, telling him to be strong.

Oh man, didn't realize it would take me an hour to write one chapter summary. It's more like loosely rephrasing the whole chapter than a summary x_x. So, I'll stop for today and write some more tomorrow.

EDIT: Links to other chapter summaries:

Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    juanexbi, Blood A, Ressianne and 26 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Managed to make it shorter.

After everyone enters the classroom, the students get their graded tests back. Lin Jingzhe feels a line of sight on him (by the director), but concentrates on looking through his results. They're all pretty bad, and he's failed English. He only remembered he used to be depressed at this point in his life, but he now sees how bad it really was. Jiang Run managed to be in the top 5, but Lin Jingzhe knows that the only reason he was accepted into Gunan university (the provincial capital) was because he was allocated a spot due to 'special' circumstances. In fact, even if their school was considered very good, they were a small town in a small province. The college exam had been unified that year and it was much harder than anticipated, especially for a small school with a backward curriculum. Because of the unusually hard exam, many people failed and chose to repeat.

Lin Jingzhe starts reviewing his test, beginning with English. Because he did lots of job training in foreign countries, he knows English quite well now. He finds that the teacher had a lot of mistakes (the English teacher is Li Yurong). The director sees him seriously reviewing and rewriting his answers, and feels reluctant to mention his grade after he remembers that he's still grieving over his grandfather. Instead, he starts with Gao Sheng, asking him to come out, and asking where Zhou Haijun is.

Lin Jingzhe is reminded that Zhou Haijun has already started contacting a gang and frequently skipping classes. He leans back in his chair, thinking that there are a lot of things he needs to remember and keep in mind. He attracts the attention of some girls, who comment that he looks handsome today. Despite Jiang Run spreading rumor about him and alienating him from the class, lots of girls like Lin Jingzhe because he's good looking.

The director, head teacher and Li Yurong are discussing stuff in front of the class, with Li Yurong looking at Lin Jingzhe sharply. When he looks back at her mockingly, she throws a fit, but he pretends to be innocent in front of everyone else. Since she's already getting weird looks, she starts talking about his low grade and tells him he'll be transferred to class 5 with Gao Sheng. The notice of the transfer has already been posted. Gao Sheng jumps to argue that even if he deserves to go to class 5, Lin Jingzhe was normally top 10 in school and his grades only got worse because of family reasons, trying to convince the director. At the same time, an angry female voice from outside also calls out Li Yurong.

The voice belongs to Gao Sheng's mother (math teacher and class 5' teacher). She's a thin middle aged woman, dressed in worn clothes. She argues that Li Yurong is too selfish and compromises a student's future by transferring him right before the exams. Li Yurong is arrogant and looks down on Mrs. Hu. They argue for a bit, with Li Yurong taking the upper hand. The director is also angry, but can't do anything about it, because Li Yurong's circumstances with the principal are 'special' and the transfer notice was issued by the principal directly. He couldn't interfere. Li Yurong starts mocking Mr.s Hu on her teaching ability, but Lin Jingzhe interrupts her quickly to say he agrees to the transfer and comments on her many mistakes on the English test.

Li Yurong is shocked and the class snickers. Mrs. Hu is against him giving up so easily, but he says it's fine and leaves the classroom. He's not attached to any of the classmates since they never had the chance to know each other. He smiles and tells everyone goodbye. While they're still immersed in his smile, Li Yurong goes to the podium and starts being arrogant again, but the class has no respect for her.

The story will really pick up soon, haha. Even before MC goes to university. It's a smooth-sailing type of story, so no drama. It's the best if you want to relax.

4. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie:
    Sounds interesting. Spoil us moar!

Jadeite524 and ludagad like this.
  5. Anie

Anie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looooooks so good. I am going for it.:blobnosebleed: My MTL... Will do its best. :blobexpressionless::facepalm:

Silver_ and ludagad like this.
  6. DhiVhi

DhiVhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read this before and like it so much because this story focus more on how mc improve his life & change his friends fate rather than revenge (but still hv those face-slapping moments)

ellieedeean, soie_yoie, Kleep and 4 others like this.
  7. Anie

Anie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just found out how detailed the summs from @ludagad are. Thanks.

Jadeite524 and ludagad like this.
  8. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML? Uke? Seme?

9. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML will show up later and their meeting is quite explosive, lmao. He's the best. MC is the uke, not that he behaves like the stereotypical one. I think that privately, they might switch, but the author wrote only one sex scene, where the MC was the uke. It's up to our imagination. I really love their dynamic though. It doesn't feel like one is passive and the other has to push the relationship along.

10. Pachia

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finish reading a certain fluffy :blobmelt: and nice pacing story~ I am glad this came along when I just finish. NICE TIMING!

Blood A and ludagad like this.
  11. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the summaries, it sound interesting but i have like 5novels infront of this to read first QAQ

ludagad likes this.
  12. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, take your time. It won't run away. I'm the same as you, but I end up bookmarking a ton of novels, then find a new one to start reading and it's a never ending pit. But sometimes I end up liking a novel a lot. Since this one isn't currently being translated, I thought I'd share the find with more people :blobwhistle:

13. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the ch summaries pls keep it up:blob_pompom: @ludagad

Anie, Saikyi and ludagad like this.
  14. Jadeite524

Jadeite524 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this is one of better story by this author. It has quite a bit of business related portions which are a bit long winded.
    Wait till you get to meet

His new wife is a business woman and strong in character. While MC father is emotional and can easily feel hurt and sensitive. Totally opposite nature and wife is breadwinner

Ressianne, Yocchi, Silver_ and 11 others like this.
  15. DhiVhi

DhiVhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True~~~ mc & ml is equal in their relationship and both of them hv their own career. I like how warm their interaction is and how both of them work hard to make their relationship works.

ludagad likes this.
  16. Anie

Anie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ludagad
    No no no. You don't need to shorten the summarizes. Actually, I like that I can relate my MTL to your summs and check if I misunderstood something. Good job! :blobhug::blobmelt::blobtaco:

ludagad likes this.
  17. Pachia

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read it! If I am correct it was the handsome guy who play with beads, like a buddha, and kissed the MC at their second meeting (because he was drugged by his stupid friend :facepalm:); and in payback the MC bit his tongue and kicked his manhood :blobjoy:. Was I correct? If not, the MC first french kiss got stolen!

ahsudole, Blood A, Anie and 1 other person like this.