Recommendations Rooftop Sword Master

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by 0000000, Jul 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Translated manhwa is out in Dex at C17 (scan site stuck at C10 for some reason) while the raws are at C29. For those interested in angsty revenge plot, this will be a work for you. The art style is not fantastic, the plot is easy to understand and you will definitely hate the antagonists for sure, unless you are a weird person or a troll. Looking and hoping for the translated novel though.

Long story short, eight bullies beaten MC to the inches of his life, his parents and sister(?) tried to seek help and justice but alas nobody listens as the bullies are chaebols (korean nobles/ wealthy and powerful) so the parents commited suicide to force the country to do something for justice. In the open, the chaebols admitted they are at fault and their children punished, in actual the chaebols are very pissed at MC and his pathetic family while the bullies had to hide in America, swearing their revenge against MC. And oh, MC got a Zweihander that turned him into the Incredible Hulk.

2. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of “New Police Story” (movie).

3. nickoop1

nickoop1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope someone translates the novel. It just 97 chapter

4. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can You help me with the link to the raws?

5. Hayate

Hayate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A berserker vs modern world basically.
    I usually find it boring when mc is the only one who is op, but this one really give you the satisfaction whenever you see him pummel every single one that hurt him, and you can feel the rage with the drawn expression, so I hope the novel is even better than this in delivering the story.

animefan217 and 23rdholmes like this.
  6. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read a few chapters. LOVED IT!

Serious question. Can I give the translators some money to speed up the translation process?

7. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, is there another manga/manhwa like Roof Top Sword Master out there?

You know, where the victim fights back and kills his tormentors instead of doing something lame like forgiving them.

8. Hayate

Hayate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The closest I know would be those Japanese isekai summoned hero that got betrayed. There should be a lot of them

9. Mangafreakspark

Reading List:
    Link
    A different one apart from the one mc uses a 2m+ sword to fight against his enemies ( bullies) and promises to wipe out their families?

10. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't have to involve swords at all. I just want a manga where the bullied victim fights back and starts killing people instead of forgiving them.

11. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like a korean Hulk (world war hulk style)... The art style could look strange at first but it goes very well with the story as rage start to build up.
    A pretty fun read especially along with some good old loud heavy metal as the BGM :blobhero: !
    (Creeping Death goes reaaally well with the chapters were the violence start to ramp up for exemple)

12. Lyrad

Lyrad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seconding this.

I'm also very curious about series like this. In my case though, it doesn't have to be a bullied victims. I'm ok with assholes (like those arrogant young masters you often see in xianxia novels for example) getting horribly tortured. The MC doesn't have to do it for just cause or with any excuse as well really.

It's fine if the MC is just doing it for shits and giggles or probably doing it for experiment like Leylin from WMW and Su Chen from DTPB. As long as the asshole being tortured is mentally suffering. It's not fun if the guy being tormented showed little to no breakdown when they're about to die like in a lot of the novels (often times they know they're gonna die so they keep spouting bullshit and provoking the MC before their death). The first guy who got beheaded in this series (Rooftop Sword Master) was too quick I think, it'd be more awesome to see him being burned to ashes after being dismembered piece by piece.

Eishun and Mangafreakspark like this.
  13. Mangafreakspark

Reading List:
    Link
    He did torture the suyun guy by flaying and roasting him almost to death though

14. Lifer

Lifer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I find the raw of the novel?