Some times I just makes silly mistakes. (xiaomi redmi G pro trackpad not responding.)

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Jan 28, 2024.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I really make silly mistakes that cost thousands of Yuan, really. I'm glade that I didn't make the worst last judgement.

Recently, I'm using a Redmi G pro, gaming laptop. Its build quality is not the best compared to ThinkPad, but it's also not the worst compared to Acer. My trackpads seem to stopped working for a month now. Yes a month.

As someone who understands a bit of tech, I basically. Reinstall my Human interface drivers, make sure touchpad settings in settings are turned on. The device managers is detecting my touchpad. Turn the windows in to safe mode, go to bios and turn off the fast boot. Windows file check Etc......

Nothing seems to work, but then I turn to AliExpress/Taobao for a touchpad that match my models. No luck.
    Then I turn to the C panel of the laptop, nope it does not come with touchpad.

Everything seems to be lost. I'm emotionally depressed. As I spent about, 7000yuan on the laptop bare bone with 16gb of ram and 512gb of SSD. I need a trackpad.

I was going to use, basically, buy a new laptop, probably a ThinkPad T series. (P series is too expensive for me) and basically never going to by Xiaomi again.
    Then I go to Xiaomi G command center, basically the app that turn off the power of profile, and the trackpad on/off have no functionality. It does nothing.
    To perform the last of my hopeless checks, if it is the Windows OS issues. I basically go to the bios menu. And check if the trackpad response.
    And trackpads moved.

As someone who never ever used mouse in bios, the issue would have solved on the first day if I just used the tracked pad on the bios.
    Then I boot in to the windows and trackpads moves again.

I will never mess with the trackpads settings ever again.

So the things that I did good.
    • I waited for a solution as there is no similar case as mine online, as usually there is something wrong there are usually many suck issues online, flooding the forums. Since chance of unique case is really rare.
      Example Samsung SSD firmware.
    • The PC is 6th month old, there is still warranty. Although, I usually never use warranty unless it's motherboard issues. So I didn't send it to RMA for the last few months.
    The things that I did bad.
    • Should have remembered that Xiaomi have horrible software. Should not have messed with the touchpads in the first place.
    • Didn't Load a PE environment or didn't boot another system as the Laptop only have a single SSD slot. (no SATA)
    • Been too focused on a hardware issues. (fortunately there isn't trackpads replacement in the market if not, I will be replacing multiple trackpads and properly have a war with the trackpad seller.)
    Also, I almost wasted another, 20000 Yuan again for a computer device that I does not need.
    (resulting in almost another half a year without a meat dish on the table.)
    I'm the type of person that would look at the drumstick and drooling, still saving the money and not bat an eye when buying any tech product.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    Nom de Plume and Dwarkin like this.