Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And not to forget the wizards who reflect the druids.

I could talk about this all day, so I'll stop now. Hihi :D

Aria_WW and DeDe99 like this.
  2. UTOTLove

UTOTLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin: ya I agree. The moment u said Turkish actor... I membered a this Turkish show i watched called "Mr Wrong or Bay yanlis". The perfect one to play Rifta n is.... CAN YAMAN :aww:!!! and honestly his partner in that show will definitely play a good role as Maxi since she is pretty petite and long hair. They have great chemistry too. Even better, they also did another drama. Together called "Dolunay" and there he had bangs so I know he will look great with riftan's haircut (y)
    Sorry I didnt finished reading the commends before seing some of you said the name, got too excited but glad that we agree. Lol

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    UTOT16 likes this.
  3. DeDe99

DeDe99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that's getting more interesting. But you're right we need to stop hahaha

UTOT16 and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  4. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry one more thing. The wizards from the south are, as in Medicus, the teachers played by Ben Kingsley. This actually reflects the scientific and medical knowledge from the south.

5. DeDe99

DeDe99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that Ruth also mentioned the knowledge from the south when he was learning Maxi how to treat the injured knights in book 1 and Maxi was surprised about what he did. I think he told her that he read about that in books from the south. Correct me if I'm wrong

wacamole and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  6. shake65

shake65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Well for one, I think he’s really jealous of their relationship, even in book 2 the jealousy is shown! He super misconstrued their growing friendship for something else initially, but even when she clarifies he’s still jealous that he (Ruth) has a more comfortable relationship with Maxi then he does. That wasn’t the only reason. Riftan is just super over protective and stubborn. Riftan doesn’t like to show weakness and feels that he doesn’t need help from anyone, he can figure his problems out and hers ( he’s said this specifically). He doesn’t think that Maxi needs to learn magic because she’ll never be in a situation where she’ll use magic because he’ll always be around (because what reason would she need to leave anatol or need to protect herself?!?!… but she burst his bubble. Lmao). Also, at one point he states he didn’t bring her to anatol to use her. Even though anatol needed an additional wizard ( because it wasn’t ideal for anatol, Ruth and the RDK as Ruth can’t be two place at one time). He just wanted her to live a comfortable life relaxing like she’s always done (or so he thought). You have to think that he thought maxi was a sickly, weak, feeble noble woman when in actuality she’s probably the strongest woman he knows ( she’s endured a lot). She didn’t hide in the duchy because she was weak but because of her fathers embarrassment. Riftan knew and has mentioned on two occasions in book 1 (that I can think of right now) that’s she more than capable with her magic. I hope this answers your question. I could go on but I don’t want to go to far lol. Someone else can chime if I missed something.

7. wacamole

wacamole Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, guys. Just some random thoughts about the reincarnation of Uigru. What if the one riding who ends up riding the white dragon is actually Maxi and not Riftan? What if she is the actual reincarnation of Uigru?! That would be an interesting twist. kkkk. By the way, I love this forum, a lot of interesting discussions out there. I really hope this novel gets more recognition so we can support the author and motivate her to create more amazing works like this. :)

shake65 likes this.
  8. Marunalu

Marunalu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We already discussed that theory just a few pages before. ;)

wacamole and shake65 like this.
  9. muramirasol

muramirasol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually when I was thinking about people who would be the equivalent of them two in real life, I couldn't imagine Riftan, but you are SPOT ON when I looked this man up. Icon. But actually for Maxi I thought of two people. So the first one I actually thought of was Aishwarya Rai. In her younger days her super big and bright eyes was what made me think of it because Maxi once commented on how she thought that her eyes were "too big for her face" but everyone else seems to find them quite charming. And then the small but thick lips and small nose that was described in the book, I thought that with red hair it wouldn't be too far off from her. Either that, or Kristen Stewart in Snow White and the Huntsman movie specifically, with red hair I thought would make a convincing Maxi. She also has super big and clear eyes, very fair skin, small nose and lips, plus the costumes in that movie help you picture it better that with red hair she'd really look like Maxi. That's my idea at least.

UTOTLove likes this.
  10. wacamole

wacamole Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops! I missed that part then! Haha, but it would be great if that is the case

11. muramirasol

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I guess chiming in on here, you basically said it all, but I was just gonna add that I think it was also the added aspect that Maxi was basically the love of Riftan's life before she even knew he existed, and him leaving her for what he originally thought was a suicide mission but instead coming back after such a long time, he had this tug of war in him that "oh no she probably hates me, so I'm gonna give that same energy back" and "awww but she's so precious and I want to give her everything in the world because she means the most to me and I want to mean the most to her". Which this is something he directly admits after he discovers that she's been abused by her father and they come back to Anatol and she's healing. So I guess it's also the fact that he wants to do so much for her, and he's gone through so much for her, only to see that she's bonding faster and gaining this relationship faster with Ruth than what she was with him at the time was frustrating him. And I think that part of that frustration has to be blamed on his misunderstanding that she sought a friendship type of relationship with Ruth and he was seeking out a "please reciprocate my undying love for you even though I'd be fine if you just looked at me once" type of relationship with her which arguably, (and by arguably I mean obviously), takes a lot more time to develop. But he's been away for a while and thought about her quite consistently so I could see where his impatience was coming from if he somehow almost made a sort of relationship/idea of her and the way that she acted with him over YEARS but in HIS HEAD only to seemingly "start all over" but for real this time may have set off a confusing fleet of emotions for him especially when the Ruth thing happened.

nilreader likes this.
  12. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you brought up Maxi, I was imagining Sadie Sink. Hehe She has adorable freckles, very petite, luscious pink lips and she has reddish hair. I believe she’s really a redhead. Adorable.

But I hope they don’t turn this into a live action —- just animated series will do lol. My maxi and riftan in the manhwa is perfect as it is.

mj209, nilreader, UTOTLove and 3 others like this.
  13. muramirasol

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah this is one of those things that I prefer doesn't get turned into live action, (as I prefer most things to not be live action as not everything is meant to be *Avatar I'm looking at you*), but it was just nice to play around with ideas of it

mj209, UTOTLove and MissuzCalypse like this.
  14. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question… how great “really” is princess with her magic. I just feel like everyone initially said how beautiful she was and it doesn’t sound like she’s as pretty as Maxi. Like she’s ok but she’s no Maxi. So I wonder just how good her skills are. I’m not trying to down play her skills but we see lot of rumors in this novel and a lot of the time there are hints of truth but not the total truth. We’ve never seen her in action throughout book two she didn’t even use her magic. People act like she’s the Riftan of fire magic.

15. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    We don’t have much detail about her fire magic. But I think she’s good, I hope to see more of her powers in the coming chapters. But I kinda think she’s excessively being respected because of the fact that she’s a princess, not cowering amongst the boys, and the fact that she leads the whedon royal army as a girl. argghh I remember that bleston guy telling Maxi in their first meeting that she’s not as good as the princess. Huhu but who saved them huh with the landslide shiiz hahahahahh it’s maxi

and we also have to remember that the novel is primarily MAXI’s pov. Our baby girl is sadly very insecure of Agnes even at Book 2, so sometimes she exaggerates everything she sees and hears and we as readers get affected, too. Lol

This is the description for Agnes’ appearance:
    The princess was unusualy tall for a woman. The lips were so plump that they seemed a little bit bigger than the face, and the almond-shaped long eyes were slightly raised up, giving the impression of a haughty cat. Her face was as pointed and thin as an arrowhead, and her nose was high and straight, but she was more suited to the term "handsome" than to say "beautiful".

And her face is tanned like a bronzed beauty, and arms like deer something like that. While Maxi is sexy cute. Hahhahaha very pretty face with a voluptuous body and a knockout watermelons.

I hope to read more POVs from kther characters to see how they view Maxi. I’m pretty sure she looks like a fairy.

16. luco

luco Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not read the latest chapters but I want to know if Leon has made any appearance? :cry:

17. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk! I guess I’ve only see Maxi overexaggerating when she tells stories about Riftan lol. I can’t wait to see her (Agnes) in Manta. In the beginning of the book when maxi and he were in the inn and she mentioned how pretty Agnes was, Riftan just asked “have you ever met Agnes?” In my mind, if I was being shady without trying to be mean that’s what I would ask hahaha!

I agree with you about the respect thing as a royal and leader of the whedon army. That’s all I’ve seen her do. Even in Riftan pov they mentioned nothing about her using her magic. She’s only created fire works at the festival . I just hope she lives up to the hype.

No appearance from our dear Sir Leon. It was just filler for Maxi and Riftan, but very cute filler.

UTOTLove and MissuzCalypse like this.
  18. Marunalu

Marunalu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah as far as I understand it, agnes is a pretty good mage but by far not as good as rumours make it sound like. Her shields are pretty weak too. A wyvern could get past it, despite her being a full trained mage, while maxi was able to protect the rdk from a collapsing mountain side, while she was still a beginner and also was.able to make.an other mountain collapse with the little training she had. Kim said that when agnes was still at the wt ruth wasnt impressed by her one bit, but maxi managed to impress ruth very fast and we all know HOW hard it is to impress ruth. Also if I remember correctly agnes was just ONE year on the dragon campain and wasnt even there when secto was finally killed (please correct me if I remember wrong). So far agnes has shown nothing really that great. She was fooled like everyone else by the monster army, her shields can not even stop ONE wyvern and she didnt contributed much in the dragon campain. When it comes to her looks she is descriped as "handsome" and not "beautiful". The way her and maxis bodys are descriped sound to me, that maxi is curvy and has pretty big titties, while agnes is "flat" and slim with long legs. Maxi just sees herself as "fat" compared to agnes, when in truth maxi is just very sexy and womanly. Agnes seems to be pretty, but more in a "normal" way, while maxi and rosetta are more then once descriped as very beautiful.

Then there comes also the fact that no one but the rdk and the royal knights, respect agnes. The other men dont listen to her, despite her being the rang of a commander. She even asks riftan to tell the others her plans, because no one would listen to her. Of course you could say, its because she is a woman, but I think its interesting that the same men seem to listen to maxi when she tells them her plan with the devices. Thattells me that most of the man just know that agnes got the rank of a commander, because she is a princess and a fire mage and not because she did great things. Also many see her personality as annoying, not only riftan.

Honestly the only great skill agnes seems to have is her fire power, that is helpful in fighting monsters like trolls. But if you compare her archievments with maxis, despite her being more experienced, it really looks as if maxi is all in all more powerful then agnes or at least shows more potential.

Sorry if that post sounds like a agnes bashing btw. I just think her looks and skills are by far not as great as people in the novel make it sound like, espicially because all of it are just rumours by people who havent.seen agnes in person.

Im really curious how the manhwa will make her look like.

rudemoze, Deskata, UTOTLove and 7 others like this.
  19. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    No bashing at all! I feel you on this! I was thinking about when she came to anatol and maxi got hurt because her shield has a hole in it. I was like, “ what?!??” I would think that her shield would be perfect!

It’s mainly her status and her presence of being with the knights and in the mix of wars that gives Agnes her title as this great wizard. I’m not trying to put her down either, it’s about just putting her skills into perspective. She has not done anything (In my opinion) to make me think she is who the rumors says she is.

Thank you for adding specific moment that I forgot about!

20. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys! Just would like to ask what specific rumor or chapter about Agnes being a great wizard are you talking about? Cause to be honest, I haven’t read that part lol! Hahaha i want to reread it. Did someone else say it? The only person that compared Maxi to Agnes was Bleston. Or maybe I just don’t retain any more info about other characters except Ruth, the couple, and RDK. Haha

I really thought it’s just because Maxi keeps building on the fact that Agnes is a perfect person beside Riftan because she was in the Red Dragon campaign with RDK. And the fact that Riftan compared her to Agnes in their petty ass fight in book 1. Arghh i remember that lol! And the other jealousy scenes in book 1 upto book 2.

that’s why it retained in our minds that she’s a great wizard. But which part in the novel actually explained it? I had to reread it. She’s an important figure, a good manipulator, and a good wizard, though.

I hope daddy quahel is safe, I hope he actually returns to Osyria lol and join with the gang.

I kinda remember a scene in book 2 where Maxi is pushing Ruth to join Agnes and Riftan in the front haha she was jealous. But logically speaking, it’s okay that Agnes and Riftan are beside each other since Riftan is the strongest knight and Agnes is the army leader for whedon- she keeps saying that Riftan is his subordinate or under her jurisdiction. She has to keep him in check all the time and help him with her attack magic. Maybe Nothing more… it’s just purely work. Or maybe Reuben the dad always asks her to keep him in check,

but since we are reading it in Maxi’s pov, I get affected too and feel extremely jealous of Agnes lol! Like maxi should be the one beside him even while eating huhuhu

and all those whisperings, gosh, while reading that scene, my blood boils so much like Maxi hahahaha. But we dont know, they might not be so close, maybe Riftan leaned a little just to hear her… just like what Quahel said, Rather riftan and agnes, he thinks the one being so inappropriately close is him and Maxi with their position. HAHAHA

so yeah, personally for me, I kinda had a bad taste for Agnes in some scenes or a few of the arcs in the novel primarily because of Maxi’s POVs. I hate that Agnes is dense about what Maxi feels about the princess relationship with Riftan, though. I hate that about her.

And maybe Maxi’s another character development is to finally open up to Agnes that she’s uncomfortable with the closeness of the two like really saying it with a conviction lol but that’s completely unlike her. And we will get a glimpse of what the princess motives are and her mindset. Hahha and what she thinks of Riftan. But I hope her character is really a protagonist, and will fully support the couple in the upcoming chapters.

right? Maxi always degrades herself when in fact she’s ethereally beautiful that even nimfish gets jealous hahha.

I don’t know if she’s There when Sektor was killed. But in the manhwa picture, the only one that attacked the dragon was Riftan and the RDKS (maybe she was there, too) were below, looking so tired and worried about riftan.

What I do know though is that Riftan said that her power is completely useless when they were about to destroy the magic circle something in order to find the location of the dragon hahahah. That was funny! She wasn’t haughty though. She completely agreed with Riftan that he’s right, she might not be able to help Ruth in that regard. And decided to stay in the safe zone. So I think she’s pretty okay, she knows her weakness and won’t be nagging others to agree to all her whims. But she’s manipulative when she badly needs it, especially when the power of the Royal Family is in the line.

I just hope that in the end, she’s a good character and is fully supportive of the couple. And I hope she finally understands that She shouldn’t be too physically close with Riftan hahaha. Cause that my friends, really ticks me off about her. Maxi i feel you.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    the english writer and neomisa like this.