Spoiler Why Are You Obsessed With Your Fake Wife?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Aug 29, 2021.

1. SoggyWafflez

SoggyWafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 22.1 Summary: Nadia is planning to buy apple-thorn herbs for an herbal tea business. When proposing the plan and the willingness to buy in bulk from the merchants who extended the due date, they couldn’t help but feel like cursing. Where would she get the money from?

Nadia says it is simple; she will use her dowry. One of the merchants, Wayne, looks at the butler for assistance. However, Gordon has already tried his best to convince the madam otherwise, and evident from his lackluster expression, has failed miserably.

The merchants try their best to convince Nadia not to go through with this poor business decision, but she does not budge. The deal goes through with the merchants feeling sorry for the Marquis lying in his sickbed.

Chapter 22.1 Summary (Revised): Nadia has a crap load of apple-thorn herbs she wants to buy for a supposed “tea” business. The merchants are flabbergasted and try their best to convince Nadia that her plan is crazy and won’t make any money. Wayne even tries to get Gordon on their side, but the poor butler has already been K.O.’d by Nadia’s willfulness.

Surely, if she goes through with this, the Winterfell family will lose their (nonexistent) fortune and their (somewhat intact) honor. After all, Nadia is using her dowry for this plan, which the merchants thought would pay off the debts.

However, no amount of advice and logical deductions will change the outcome of Nadia buying a shit load of herbs from them, so they take the deal and pray for the dying Marquis in their hearts. Selling useless herbs and collecting cash is more important.

2. SoggyWafflez

SoggyWafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 22.2 Summary: The deal goes through with Nadia buying the whole apple-thorn herb market. The merchants leave half-dejected. Gordon thinks she is doing something foolish, but won’t admit it out loud. Nadia promises, however, that there will be good news soon.

Within a week, rumors had spread about the new Marchioness and her herbal tea expenditure. Glenn couldn’t do anything to stop it as he would need Nadia’s consent to use the dowry. His headache only worsened as his aunt’s whining continued beside him.

She complained about giving Nadia the seals and ledgers that had always been left to her previously. She is the daughter of Balazit and might try to do something to their property.

Glenn tries his best to calm her by saying everything will be settled with her dowry. Madam Grace closes her mouth for a second but goes on to mention Nadia buying useless weeds. She will probably use up the rest of their money when her dowry runs out.

Glenn and her go back and forth until Glenn finally kicks her out. Once gone, Glenn leans back in his chair exhausted. To choose between his wife whom he considers a spy and his petty thief of an aunt; it is a difficult choice. However, he chooses his aunt in the end. Nadia doesn’t seem to be serious about this herbal tea business. She must have not wanted to give him the dowry.

Chapter 22.2 Summary (Revised): Nadia is a grade-A idiot in the eyes of the entire household and perhaps all of Winterfell itself. Even the merchants who made some easy money are dejected when leaving.

Glenn also doesn’t approve of this business, surprise surprise. His aunt is even more against it and doesn’t shy away from giving her two cents about how her nephew should hurry and kick her out. However, whether it be because of Glenn’s headache from never-ending debts or the fact that he knows his aunt is a petty thief, he kicks her out of his office first.

In the end, a petty thief relative is better to him than a spy wife. In his mind, Nadia only started her business as an excuse not to give him the dowry.

3. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about this novel til the manhwa came out lol. But wow. I was naive I guess from the first chapters lmao. Anyway I do like how her ex was a deconstruction of the isekai hero trope who gets a beautiful wife and a harem..

Its a year late but ty for spoiler
    Also he can
    turn back time but he cant go back to Korea? well ig this world lets him feel superior than being a regular guy. but even with all his special accomplishments it wasnt enough...

4. gvrasan

gvrasan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone give any spoilers about the concubine part? thank uuu ❤️

5. Green_pattern

Green_pattern Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any action from ML to win her heart?

6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A few of them I remember off my memory:
    • Rolled up his sleeves and undo a few buttons on his shirt while he was sparring with his knights. It was common to cover up regardless of gender during that time so this was a bold move of him.
    • Made her accept a very rare silk presented to her when she was going to reject it so she could make a dress with it.
    • Told her that she's using nickname for a monster she just met when she hadn't used any for her husband, he was jealous about it but she retorted that she didn't because of his words back then.
    • He secretly told the people at the capital's mansion to decorate the garden since he wants to talk a walk with her there, finally he was able to do it without the interference of her dragon.
    These are after she told him that her affections and her confession was a lie.

7. xphoenixx

xphoenixx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that one. It seems the ex-hubby was a bit obsessed with her after the divorce but she put her foot down. I never finished reading that one so I don't know what happened in the end.

8. Pathetic Angels

Pathetic Angels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so they killed jiho again in 2nd timeline? What crime he committed? I mean I understand that he kidnapped FL etc etc but wouldn't people protest if that was the only reason (yes sorry I hate him too but still) since he is like the dragon slayer or smth and like the knight of the south thingy so idk

Biaaa likes this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter is this? :aww:

Veera ceraya likes this.
  10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember but it's after his father woke up.

Veera ceraya likes this.
  11. Iza118

Iza118 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glen was jealous of the dragon? Does that mean the dragon can turn into a human? :notlikeblob:

Veera ceraya likes this.
  12. kcis

kcis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, if anyone knows— why was Jiho killed in 2nd Timeline?

13. LilyBear

LilyBear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 66-67 is her confession

The previous duke finally woke up and was brought up to date on everything. Nadia came to introduce herself and give him the ledgers so he can see the dukedom's situation for himself. He is amazed and awed. He thanks Nadia for being such a blessing to the family. And says that all he needs for complete peace is to see Nadia safely bear the next heir with his son. The room gets awkward. Glenn and the butler feel to ashamed to say that the duke and duchess have never once shared a bed. Nadia tells the old duke that such a thing isn't possible.
    'What? Why ever not? Are you unwell? Now that I look at you, I see that you are far too skinny. Are you eating enough? My poor girl, don't worry. We will see this through.'
    'No. Um, the issue isn't my health.' It's fine to blame Glenn, right? 'The fact is, his Grace, has declared that he will not bear an heir with me.'
    'WHAT. Glenn, is this true? Why don't you want an heir? You have no siblings or cousins to give the title to. What are you going on about not wanting children.'
    'No. His Grace does not wish to bear an heir WITH ME. Things might be fine if we bring in a concubine.'
    CRACK.
    Hm?
    Both Nadia and old duke look to see the table Glenn is seated at has a large crack in it now. How did that happen? Nadia purchased that table not too long ago. Was it defective? She will have to change to a different furniture merchant.
    'But, my dear, how can you say that? Will you really be fine raising a child that is not your own? A child my son has made with another woman? We don't discriminate against illegitimate children as badly here as in the north, but surely that will be difficult for you to bear.'
    'No, it's fine. So long as that's what his Grace desires. We can start looking for candidates now.'
    All three men, the duke, the old duke and butler give her weird looks. Crap, did she take it too far? She's supposed to be in love with Glenn, talking so casually about a mistress was probably a mistake.
    'Um, well then. I will let you and his Grace talk more. I only wanted to reassure you about the dukedom's finances and now that I have I shall take my leave.' And she runs out of there. All three men gazing at her with pity. Poor girl. She must be running away to cry.

the old duke, Isaac, talks with Glenn.
    'Well, I can tell from your face what she said is true. You declared you would not sire an heir with her.'
    Glenn cannot deny it. There are too many witnesses to their disastrous first night.
    'Yes, I said that. But at the time I was worried she was a Southern spy.'
    'So then, you feel differently now?'
    'Yes.'
    'Good. Then what are you sitting here for!? Go after her. The poor thing is probably crying. Go clear this misunderstanding before it gets any more messy.'
    'I will. But I need time to think of my words.'
    'You should hurry.'
    'If father managed it I should have no issue.'
    Isaac's face turns red. When he first married, his wife was extremely against the marriage and hated him. Yet they would up being a loving couple. Having his embarrassing love story thrown in his face quiets the old duke and he is content to leave his son to his own affairs. While Glenn is nervous he is not worried. After all Nadia loves him. All he as to do is find the right words to apologize and he is sure she will ecstatically accept him. Just thinking about her overjoyed face makes him smile.

then next day it's time to talk. Nadia can't go on blaming the duke for their lack of heir. Now that his father is better and Nadia has established herself as his ally, Glenn might very well change his mind and agree to bed her. She wonders if she has enough trust to tell him the truth. Really she has no choice but to tell the truth. A woman in love has no reason to refuse her husband in her bed. The role has outlived its usefulness. Determined, Nadia leaves her room to go in search of the duke to find him outside her chambers pacing back and forth.
    'Nadia...! Um, hello, I came to ask you for a walk in the garden. There is something I need to discuss with you.'
    'Yes, I was just about to go find you for the same reason. Let us go together.
    They go to the garden and take a seat together. They look at all the pretty flowers and go on about the weather while they both struggle to get to the meat of the issue.
    'It's been a year already. It feels like just a few days that we married.'
    'Do you remember the laurel ceremony?'
    'Yes, of course.' that day changed his life how could he forget?
    'You trust me now right? You won't get mad if I tell you that I lied that day?'
    Glenn's brain tries to process this. What lie? He's pretty sure the only words she said to him that say was that she loved him. Did he forget something else she might have said?
    'Sorry, but can you explain more?'
    'I lied that day about being in love with you.'
    'what?'
    'It was all an act.'
    'What was?'
    'I lied.' She points between them.
    'what?'
    'about loving you.
    'Huh???'
    "I lied about loving you' Nadia clarifies. Lol Glenn's brain won't compute.
    'Are you angry? I'm sorry I should have apologized sooner. I'm sorry for being so mean to you at first and for making our wedding so small and shabby. I'm sorry I said I didn't like your face. you are actually very pretty. and at the time I really couldn't afford a fancier wedding. And that night I really regret saying I will not have an heir with you and' Glenn goes on a long ramble of apologies. It seems to Nadia that the words are leaving his mouth too quickly for him to really know what he is saying.
    'I am not angry. I am not saying this out of spite or anger.'
    'But what-'
    'I lied about loving you.
    Glenn still looks puzzled. 'Look, I didn't mind the small wedding. I never really dreamed of a big wedding in the first place and it was kind of convenient to keep things simple and fast. I didn't mind your behavior to me or anything. I'm not angry. I'm saying this because it's true. I never loved you.
    It couldn't be true. Nadia loved him. That was a fact for him. This didn't make any sense. Glenn struggled to shift the gears in his brain.
    'But, you followed me to the North. And dealt with so much for me. And helped the dukedom. Why would you have done all that if you didn't love me?'
    'I will explain.'
    'the laurel thing was my idea. My father agreed thinking I would be a spy for him. I have no intentions of doing that, by he way.'
    'You betrayed you father?'
    "I hate my father. My father and sister have done unspeakable evil to me and I hate them. I want to make them suffer before I kill them.'
    'you hate them? what did they do to you?'
    'I don't want to speak of it. But, if I had stayed in that house I would have died a miserable death. I needed to get out.'
    'I don't understand. You said you loved me...'
    'Don't you see? We have the same enemy. Allow me to borrow the Duchess title for a little longer and we will bring him down together!'
    'Borrow?!'
    'I'm sorry for deceiving you and making you marry a woman you do not care for. Once we take down Balajit house I will divorce you so you can be free to take a new bride of your choosing.'
    'divorce....'
    'Naturally I will get alimony. I am responsible for your new economic stability, it is only natural I get a small percentage to help support my life after I leave.'
    'Of...course....'
    'I will leave cleanly and without fuss. I will be a great partner until then.'
    On a cold level it made perfect sense. If her goal is to leave that house and get vengeance. His family has known bad blood with them. And they are in a high enough position to rival Balajit. It also explains some things. Although people call Nadia a woman blinded by love. A passionate woman swayed by his good looks...the Nadia he knows is calculating and rational. The clashing images didn't make sense. But if Nadia faked the first part. If she purposefully took the stigma of being a fool in love to make her plans work. It made a lot more sense. She never took a real interest in him despite her proclamations of love. Rather than trying to seduce him she seemed more interested in managing their estate. The estate she would need to take on Balajit. In the distance he could hear a faint sound.
    'Glenn. Glenn, are you mad?'
    It was Nadia. He could barely hear her over the swarming thoughts in his head. Was he mad? Should he be mad? She had deceived him. But the result was more money and power than the dukedom had enjoyed since well ever. His father had never had this kind of money and strength. Neither had his father before him of his father. Really he should be glad to have such a good partner. As duke he needs to put the dukedom first. Nadia has been nothing but good for Winterfel. He has no reason to be mad at that.
    'No....'
    'Really? I'm sorry for lying to you.'
    'No. Compared to how much you helped, this much is fair.' Nadia's face lights up with a brilliant smile.
    'Oh, good. Then, can we continue as before? I will be your duchess for now. We will make good partners in the contractual marriage.'
    for now....contractual....logically he had no right to complain. But why did it feel like a cold wind was blowing through his heart?
    'Then can I trust you to handle things with your father and our sleeping arrangements?'
    'What? Oh, right yeah....'
    Nadia goes on for a bit about how good a business partner she will be for him while poor Glenn realizes how NOT in love she really is.
    'Oh, by the way. I started talking first, but you said earlier that you wanted to discuss something?"
    'What? Oh....' he was going to say that he accepted her feelings, that he would try to love her back....'no, it was nothing.'
    'Are you sure? I'm ready to help with whatever problems you have!'
    'Oh, no. no. You are doing so much already. I can handle this much.'
    'As you say then.' She sticks out her hand in a business like fashion. He automatically takes it and she gives him a very professional handshake. 'Please take care of me from now on, partner!'
    'Yes....'
    As she leaves Glenn continues to think about this terrible feeling welling up inside him. Why he hates words like temporary, contract, and divorce. He realizes it then. Far too late he realizes he has already fallen in love with Nadia....

Sorry I realized after I wrote this that he's not a Duke. He's a Marquis. Not sure if that higher or lower. lol.

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for the spoiled :blobmelt: that fine, I think Duke is higher than Marquis, if I’m not mistaken.

lucalrrig and Biaaa like this.
  15. S.cale_roksoo

S.cale_roksoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give spoilers about the dragon egg? Will it hatch? What is the dragons personality? Can it take a human form?

Biaaa likes this.
  16. acruelgodreigns

acruelgodreigns New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know the artists social media?? all of their pages so far seem abandoned and im obsessed with their artstyle:cry::cry::cry::cry:

17. LilyBear

LilyBear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon egg does hatch. When it hatched Glenn was worried and came running ready to defend Nadia only to find the thing cuddled up in her lap like a cuddly kitten. Nadia says everything is fine. Glenn wonders if he should just kill the thing now. No one has ever raised a dragon. It could be dangerous. Nadia refuses though. She says that the dragon is just a little baby. Glenn wouldn't kill a little baby, right? 'Besides the dragon thinks I'm his mom. It's my duty to raise him.'
    So Nadia happily raises the dragon. She names him but I forget already. The dragon is always with her. On her shoulders, on her lap. Glenn is a little frustrated this means he is never truly alone with Nadia. One time he half jokingly wonders if the dragon can understand human language cause then he would be an excellent spy as the dragon overhears all the important and confidential plans he and Nadia make.
    One evening while the dragon is in Nadia's lap she needs to get up for the bathroom or something so she very carefully moves the dragon and leaves the room. The dragon stares longingly at the door clearly sad to be without Nadia for even a moment. Feeling a strange sympathy Glenn starts to pet him comfortingly. The dragon immediately recoils and scolds, 'how dare you touch me, human!!'
    'You can talk?!?!'
    'Foolish human! I am much older than you! Hmp!' And he jumps out the window to get away from Glenn. Glenn is flabbergasted and angry. The dragon could talk this WHOLE time. He was pretending to be a mute animal to better monopolize Nadia.
    Glenn and the dragon's relationship takes a new turn after that. The two often exchanging glares.
    Glenn and Nadia leave for the capital for some weeks for the king's birthday. The dragon must stay behind with the old Marqui.
    When they return Nadia is shocked to see the dragon has grown to the size of a large dog.
    'Well if he keeps up at this rate he will have to start living outdoors.'
    After this comment the dragon immediately shrinks to his original baby size. Glenn thinks some unpleasant things about the sly dragon.
    I think that all dragon related stuff I know. But I'm still reading. I'm on like ch 106.

18. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already like this dragon:blob_grin:he is giving Glenn a run for it

lucalrrig likes this.
  19. lucalrrig

lucalrrig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have decided that I will only start reading when the translations have caught up to this part. Everything after this must be hilarious.

20. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It just did reach this part, so I guess you won't have to wait?

lucalrrig likes this.