Discussion Why is the Male Lead afraid?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Cutter Masterson, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Campfire cooking in another world with my absurd skill:

I’ve read the novel, manga and watch the anime. It’s a great novel/ show. Except for a few things.
    1. Why is he afraid of attacking monsters? I mean he has an indestructible shield for Pete sake!
    2. Why is he a merchant? I seriously doubt he could spend all the money Fenrir is earning him.

It is so weird. I can’t help, but shake my head. What’s your thoughts on this?

Deleted member 482013 likes this.
  2. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I just couldn't get into it too much for similar reasons. Fenrir is too OP in fighting physical threats and that magical super market is too OP fighting financial threats.
    He could start his own kingdom just selling salt alone to land locked interior kingdoms. That and a familiar that wouldn't even flinch suppressing an entire army by itself. And another familiar that can turn itself into acid and/or high level healing potions. And the goddesses' blessings....
    And then all the various ways you can cook meat every other paragraph....

I dropped it pretty quick. The anime was a bit more palatable, at least.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    his illogical fear is poorly written. not only is he protected by one of the strongest being on this planet he was also given blessing from goddesses so he isn't as weak as he makes himself out to be. you could chalk it up to him being untrained, but it too stupid that a powerless person suddenly gain magic power and doesn't train it nor does he try to hunt himself to gain experience.

the anime is nice, but the main character is frustrating to watch when it comes to fighting or using his magic.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Which part?

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If his fear of monster attack before he meets the fenrir,
    Because he is an adult?
    Those otherworlders are hs kids, right? The typical, 'yay adventure in isekai and I'm the hero'.
    But this Mukoda is a salary man, who might know the sad truth of world.

I think the author didnt put much thought of how/what/why for MC especially the earliest chapters. The only time when author gave a damn abt MC's what/why/how was when MC got intimidated with the notion of dying from his familiars' thirst of blood or meal lol
    It might be a good point if the author will incorporate more the otherworlders' wake up call or their terrible experience before they escape.

The part with the goddesses/gods are a bit annoying. Like, deity can be like that? And be forced to offer items/sacrificial is just ....lame.

I read this for Fel, the fenrir only and nice story of the food, so....

TXHY and Cutter Masterson like this.