Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild: Frontier (Task Board/Report Counter)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Sep 19, 2021.

1. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Main Thread | Task Board | Freeform RP | Tavern

Thread specific rules:
    - Report the completion of Daily Tasks here in a single post, which quotes only the tasks that have been completed by the character during the day.
    - Reports are considered separate from other roleplay, and are used to tally Growth Points.
    - Reports on a particular day's tasks can only be submitted before the Daily Reset at 12 AM UTC+0.
    - Each rank has a total word count minimum for all tasks taken within the rank. E rank is 200 words, D and C rank are 700 words, B and A rank are 1150 words, S rank and above have a minimum word count of 2000. Players can delegate reporting their completed tasks to another player's report, so long as all parties agree in character inside the Free Interactions thread.
    - Adventurers can take tasks up to one rank higher above their rank, if they are considered Fit, unless otherwise indicated.
    - Fit status is provided after Daily Reset.
    - Some tasks have additional rules, which apply only to this specific task.
    - Growth Points acquired by getting lucky on a roll do not count toward that maximum, and will be added after tallying all other growth points.

Task Board:

Weekly Task:

A band of bandits, formerly of guild affiliation, has return to the area and begun harassing trade and travellers. Adventurers are to give it their all in support of our effort in eradicating this menace! To arms, adventurers!

The enemy is a combination of primarily E ranker bandits, aided by F rank creatures, such as guard dogs, kobolds, a tamed falcon, and a yet unidentified creature, whose marks are still studied on bodies recovered by the townfolk.

Bandits are designated for D rank slaying, and are considered to "nest" in groups of three, primarily among in the East and North of the region.

A caravan will be arriving in another three days, and will require protection, which the town council has strongly requested of us to undertake. All available hands must prepare for this emergency task!

Weekly task successfully completed! Rewards are being tallied, please be patient.

E Rank Tasks (Baseline Growth: A total of 8 points maximum per adventurer rank):

Monster Materials Processing
    Description: The [Disassembly] Master requires assistants to help disassemble everybody's catches from yesterday. You can have some of the leftovers, as well. The guild doesn't need them.
    Reward: 4 Points.
    Special: Providing another character with your yield IC converts the entire task's reward into Lucky Growth Points. You can only do this once per day. Processing monster materials once allows players to repeat any combat task for that task's full reward, disregarding the maximum. The reward from the additional task only applies to the player's own character, regardless of other rules.

Take care of horses
    Description: Horses require regular care. Clean their fur and hair of mud, dirt, and knots, check their hooves and horseshoes for any rocks or such that might have slipped in, and check the horse for injuries. Tools will be available on the spot.
    Reward: 4 Growth Points

Gather Fruits
    Description: The rare bushes in the plains surrounding Bog Basin Town have a variety of small fruits that offer a number of benefits ranging from having medicinal properties, to being tasty bird feed. This task can be done twice if you have maximum Fitness.
    Reward: Roll a d6 once during the task. A result of 5+ provides 5 Growth Points, due to finding medicinal fruits. Any other result provides 3 Growth Points.
    Special: Providing another character with your yield IC converts the entire task's reward into Lucky Growth Points. You can only do this once per day.

Gather Ore
    Description: The surrounding cliffs often drop rocks that can be cracked open to reveal metal ore or semi-precious stones. Grab a pickaxe and maybe get lucky! Be careful, because humanoid monsters also gather ore in this area (if two people get lucky one after the other, thieving monsters arrive to fight them; if another person gets lucky while monsters are active, another monster group arrives).
    Reward: 2 Growth Points. Roll a d6 once during the task. A result of 5+ provides 10 lucky Growth Points, due to finding valuable materials. Results of 3+ provide 3 lucky Growth Points.
    Special: Providing another character with your yield IC converts the entire task's reward into Lucky Growth Points. You can only do this once per day. Gathering Ore is only available within Bog Basin Town, and cannot be undertaken by characters on Exploration or Trade weekly tasks.

Hunting Wild Animals
    Description: Combat experience is a requirement for being an adventurer. For newbies, it's recommended to first test their skills while hunting wild animals in the area. Be careful, a lot of dire carnivores are present. This task is well rewarded, due to helping cull their population.
    Reward: 5 Growth Points.
    Special: Providing another character with your yield IC converts the entire task's reward into Lucky Growth Points. You can only do this once per day. Wildlife Hunting provides a bonus of 5 Lucky Growth Points per combat task, once per task.

Patrol Town Surroundings
    Description: This task requires providing up to date information on the close surroundings of Basin Bog Town on two cardinal and two intercardinal directions from the center of the settlement. The task has a duration of 8 hours, from late morning till mid afternoon, from late afternoon till the moon reaches its apex, or overnight after the previous shift finishes. In case of an attack or another emergency, adventurers on this task are obligated to immediately report back to the guild. Night shift rewards are provided the next day, and do not count toward today's tally.
    Reward: 5 Growth Points

Construction Work Assistance
    Description: Adventurers aiding in building or repairing settlement buildings will be compensated by both local authorities, and the guild separately. Feel free to join the settlement effort.
    Reward: 3 Growth Points.
    Special: Doing construction or maintenance tasks daily for a month will provide a permit to build your own housing on the settlement area!

Maintain Utility Buildings
    Description: There are a number of buildings in Bog Basin which require maintenance, including the stables, town hall, the inn, warehouse, town well (in the plaza), and the occasional resident's housing, such as leaky roofs, etc.
    Reward: 3 Growth Points
    Special: Doing construction or maintenance tasks daily for a month will provide a permit to build your own housing on the settlement area!

Maintain Guild Hall
    Description: The understaffed guild branch still requires tending. The guild has provided this as a daily task worth a small reward. Make sure to scrub corners as well!
    Reward: 3 Growth Points

Adventurer Assistance
    Description: Assist another adventurer daily in any role parties can agree on. The assistance is considered contractual, and will be rewarded over long-term.
    Reward: 2 Growth Points Daily, and an additional 14 Lucky Growth Points for every 4 days per week the service is provided. Additional reward applies to both assistant and assisted.

Gather Firewood
    Description: Fire is a daily necessity and it is always needed. Providing firewood for the town or senior guild members will be rewarded.
    Reward: 4 Growth Points
    Special: Providing another character with your yield IC converts the entire task's reward into Lucky Growth Points. You can only do this once per day.

D Rank Tasks (Baseline Growth: 10 points maximum per adventurer rank, reaching this rank requires a total of 1080 GP):

D rank tasks require more specialized skills, and include proper combat.

Subjugate Monsters
    Description: Monsters often create nests in the area. The type of monster designated for D rank slaying will be indicated on the weekly board, so keep track! Destroying one nest by any means is sufficient to provide the reward. Destroying multiple nests provides up to three times the reward for a maximum of three nests destroyed. Monster materials gathered above this maximum are property of the adventurer, while the rest is split with the guild 6 to 4.
    Reward: 5 Growth Points per nest.
    Special: Completing a combat task together with another player provides an additional 3 Lucky Growth Points and 2 Additional Growth Points per player to each player (per rank). All players are still counted as applying to the task on their own for other tallying purposes.

Craft Tools
    Description: The Adventurer's Guild would enlist any capable craftsperson in creating tools for expanding the Bog Basin. This includes weapons, agricultural, contruction, and mining tools, as well as anything used in daily necessities.
    Reward: 5 Growth Points per tool created.
    Special: Using resources from another player to complete the task adds 2 Lucky Growth Points to this task's reward.
    Note! Keep in mind the crafting restrictions listed under general rules, when reporting this task.

Weapons Maintenance
    Description: An Adventurer's Guild program by this branch rewards adventurers proficient in weapons maintenance aiding less able peers. Find three {{player}} adventurers of any rank, and provide weapons maintenance for them to receive the reward.
    Reward: 5 Growth Points.
    Special: Using resources from another player to complete the task adds 2 Lucky Growth Points to this task's reward.

Mix Medicinal Salve
    Description: Herbalists, witch doctors, alchemists, and similarly able adventurers are solely allowed to take this task. You have to find your own materials, and create medicinal supplies for the guild. These will be traded at a fair market price.
    Reward: 5 Growth Points per batch of 10.
    Note! Keep in mind the crafting restrictions listed under general rules, when reporting this task.

Guard Guild Staff (Requires a D rank solo adventurer, or a party of 5 E Ranks)
    Description: Adventurer's Guild staff is often engaged in activities outside of the guild hall. These include negotiations with the Mayor of Bog Basin, other guild representatives, the Inn Keeper, peddlers, and messengers from other regions. Adventurers will be rewarded for providing discrete protection for guild staff after a formal notice during task distribution.
    Reward: 10 Growth Points
    Special: Completing a combat task together with another player provides an additional 3 Lucky Growth Points and 2 Additional Growth Points per player to each player (per rank). All players are still counted as applying to the task on their own for other tallying purposes.

Slay Evolved Monster (Requires a D rank solo adventurer, or a party of 5 E Ranks)
    Description: Any individual or group who manages to slay evolved versions of monsters in the field, regardless of the weekly hunting mark, will be handsomely rewarded.
    Reward: 15 Growth Points

Guild Assistance
    Description: The understaffed guild is accepting aid in places such as the tavern, and materials processing desk. {{Players are required to fulfill this task IC by either taking on the role of barkeeper or waiter/waitress in the tavern, or appraising loot brought over by other adventurers in the Freeform Role-play thread}}
    Reward: 2 Lucky Growth Points Daily (do not count toward maximum). The reward is doubled every second day, and quadrupled every fifth, after which the bonus resets. Coordinate shifts with other adventurers before starting the task.

C Rank Tasks (Baseline Growth: 25 points maximum per adventurer rank):

-- Not currently available --

Weekly Tasks:

The weekly task board has been soaked wet from the rain and is currently getting replaced. Guild staff are in a bad mood...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  2. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    While not a job most would expect an (ex-)scholar to perform, taking care of and preparing horses is one of the things you inadvertently pick up after spending enough time traveling. Which for Edea - with her having been forced to travel all the way to the frontier in order to escape notice from the king's eyes. As usual, she can't help but shake her head when remembering the king. Really, how could one be so stubborn? She merely penned a 500+ page book about his mistakes - how is that a reason for a king to try and get rid of her? Well, next time, she would simply remember not to publish the book under her real name.

But enough reminiscing, it's time for Edea to do her job. First up would be - logically - cleaning up the horses. She can hardly have someone ride out on a dirty horse, after all. After getting the provided tools, she carefully approaches the first horse within its stall - offering it her hand to smell and giving it a few seconds to familiarise itself with her before leading it out and beginning with her care. With a mixture of washing and brushing, the dirt and mud accumulated on the horse is quickly removed before the knots are carefully combed out of the horse's long hair. Already used to various people taking care of it, the horse simply lets Edea do as needed, merely standing there and patiently waiting.

The horseshoes are also cleaned of any rocks attached to them - after washing off the remains of filth the horse stepped into before. One after another. Then, finally, the horse is cleaned. Mostly. While not sparkling, it is good enough to prevent future complications. After noting the rough time it took for her to clean the horse, Edea quickly establishes a timetable for herself in her head, creating an estimate of how much of a buffer she has to prepare the horses for their riders before calmly continuing with her task. Plenty of time left.

Preparing a horse itself takes maybe a dozen minutes at most. It is, after all, essentially just placing the padding and then saddle on its back, fastening the straps (not too tightly) so that they stay in place, adding the stirrups to it, and then attaching the reins to the head.

The day seems to pass in a blink as Edea takes care of the horses one after another, rearranging her mental timetable whenever a horse has to be prepared for its rider, managing to have all the horses ready in time through a mixture of planning and sheer luck. Had multiple horses been required at once, it might've gotten close or caused delays - she only has two hands, after all.

Then finally the evening arrives, and Edea finishes cleaning the last few horses remaining before sticking around for a bit longer, taking care of the handful of horses that arrive in the evening as well before finishing her work for the day. That was quite tiring. Without the stamina built up from traveling around, she might not have lasted the entire day. After a day filled with hard work, she surely deserved something - a look at her wallet quickly convinces her that yes, she does indeed deserve a cheap dinner and water.

Silver Snake likes this.
  3. Cyjuga

Cyjuga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    E-Rank Tasks (Gather Fruits, Gather Ore, Construction Work Assistance):
    The first thing I did after accepting these tasks was to look at the map to find out where I must go. After making a plan on where to go first I fly towards the plains surrounding Bog Basin Town with my dragon form in search for fruits. From above, I saw a big bush with many fruits on it. "Lets fly closer to take a better look what kind of fruits they are" I said. It seems like they are just tasty fruits. I take these fruits and put them in my Inventory, took a look at the map to find my next destination and fly off to my next task.
    Luckily the sky was clear, and I could fly without problems. From afar, I look at the cliffs and think "they sure are pretty high". Looking closer I found a big shiny rock. "It's shiny, maybe there are some rare ores Inside" I said. With the rock in my claws I fly a few meters in the air and drop it. After crashing on the ground it splinters apart and reveals some valuable ores. Stuffing the ores in my Inventory I fly back towards the Town to begin my last task.
    Back in Town I immediately fly to the construction site and help them. With me being able to fly I helped them with transporting the resources from the ground to the roof. After my working hours are over I fly back to the Guild and report my tasks.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  4. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Roll was a 3
    Corinth rolled up his sleeves and got to work. He carried out his task quickly and quietly. His time in the military had accustomed him to the completion of simple tasks. And his superiors had yelled at him enough times to make sure he never missed a spot during clean up or ever slouched while standing look out.

While cleaning, he thought about how surprised he was, how the adventurers guild was so similar to his military days, the simple tasks, the ranks, and the promotions upon proving your dedication. It made him wonder whether he should've stayed in the military if he was simply going to be doing the same things.

No, this is different, he thought, I won't fight anymore, I won't kill anyone on someone else's orders.

Corinth was tired of war, tired of how dead it made him feel, unfeeling, numb. He wanted to live.

Lost in thought and reminiscence, he completed his task in what felt like moments though in actuality was hours. Once he was done with the guild hall, he returned the broom and rags he was provided, trading them for a pitchfork, shovel, fresh hay, horse feed, and made his way to the stables. The packed hay and large bag of feed were heavy, but luckily, he was also provided a wagon.

The young combat mage didn't care for the smell or sight of horse apples, but someone had to do the things no one else wanted to. The task was more difficult than the last, this one required a lot of lifting, carrying up and out the used hay, and picking up the heavy feed bag to poor into the troughs. It had him sweating. During his work, he saw an elf woman brushing and saddling the horses; Corinth couldn't help but envy the ease of her task.

But he didn't complain, not once, this was a job someone needed to do, if not him then someone else, there was no unfairness in that, this was his duty.

Finished with his task, Corinth noticed that there was still some time in the day. He traded in his tools for a pickaxe and bucket and went north, toward the cliffs.

Life was much simpler like this, he could decide what to do. There was no terror, no threat. It was quiet and uneventful, his walk to the cliffs and rhythmic swings of the pickaxe. He lost himself in it. The work was still difficult; he would swing again and again, but no change would occur on the rock's surface. It took him some time to realize he should hammer the same spot repeatedly. Even then, It still took a considerable amount of swings to break it apart. And even when he did, there wasn't always something inside, in fact, there usually wasn't. It seemed like hard work for little gain, but it was honest and peaceful, calming even. He would get lost in his work and it would fly by in an instant. It became fun.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  5. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuelin watched as people went in and out of the guild hall, carrying dirt and dust on the floor a bad sight when you are one who have to clean it up.

The girl sighed for bit before she asked everyone to not walk in for a while. She didn't need a wand in this case, a bit of candies was offered to the small wind spirits near the guild. They gathered around her excited for the sweet treats, willing to lend their power to the young witch.
    A chant came out in a little whisper as wind swirled around the walls and up to the tall celling, sweeping the old layer of dust and spiderweb off. Most of it went out of the window but it can't be avoided that some will fall to the ground.

Fortunately, Xuelin wasn't the only who decided take on the cleaning task,
    she worked with another adventure to do the old day sweeping with a broom, wiping with a rag and at least moping the hall clean.

She then changed to other tools and went out to nearby buildings. First she will only fix small holes, perhaps if she does this everyday, someone will teach her a thing or two, and the dream of having a house might be possible.

Wait, she wasn't supposed to stay in the town!

Silver Snake likes this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    rolled 4
    Truthfully, she did not want to become an adventurer, but then again with no one to prove her identity and skills, there was no way for her to attempt anything else. Of course, Ylae would pick the most peaceful missions at first. After wandering in the wild in order to reach the frontier, her mind could not accept the idea of returning there.

Unfortunately, that was the area she was most familiar with and thus, if she wished to survive, she needed to go back there from time to time. Thus, the tasks she decided to take were gathering fruits and firewood. Both were pretty simple and paid enough for her to survive. On her way to the plain, she could see trees in her peripheral vision however she thought it would be better to get firewood on the way back.

As stated within the task, bushes were rare and could hardly be found unless you walk a good trot. That, or Ylae had bad eyesight. Either way, there was nothing stopping her from taking her time and humming on her way. Except, perhaps, her grumbling stomach. This would be troublesome if she got hungry. Thus, she had no choice but to hurry a bit. For she was terrified of hunger.
    After a few dozen of minutes, Ylae found a few bushes, and fruits and berries seemed to be growing over there. However, once she arrived close to it, she stopped and wondered whether those were actually edible or not--

'No no no, don't use that as an excuse to fill your belly, just bring them back to the Guild and eat later...' she thought, trying to ignore the craving she had. One hour later, her backpack was filled, and she thought it should be enough. As for the firewood... it was much easier to find than the bushes, but it was harder to carry, she would likely need to make multiple trips.
    It felt ironic how the very thing that pushed her to flee from her village is required for her to survive. Thinking about it could only make her feel gloomy.

'Let's just work. I don't want to think about it.'
    On the way, she stopped by some trees and surveyed around. As unfortunate as it was, she forgot how much firewood she needed to get. Since she was unsure, she thought about carrying as much as she could. Her final decision was to carry about twenty... thirty kilos? People are heavier, it should be alright. Anyhow, she was not used to such work, and thus could not judge the weight by eye. She just took as much as she could and decided to bring everything to the Guild.

And finally, she returned to the Guild with lingering regrets. When she carried everything, the fruits and firewood did not seem that heavy, however... in the long-term, it was quite exhausting. Perhaps, she should have warmed up by stretching-- she may end up with some aches tomorrow.

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Lothar grumbled as he laid another brick upon the wall he was working on. His fellow workers did not dare to talk to him much today, sensing his dour mood.

"Aye, Lothar! What ya grumbling about today?"

Except for one fool, that is.

"Hey, Wilheim. Nothing much, just a slow day." Lothar muttered back in response, ignoring the large blond man that had elected to work without a shirt, showing off a set of tough muscles paired with a small beer belly.

The afforementioned Wilheim shrugged, dropping the sack he was carrying.

"Easy there buddy, feel free to share with me your woes! I know that bricklaying is not nearly a glamorous job as...well, artisanry and all, but it's honest labour! Besides, you'll be able to earn that property permit in no time! Just a month more, y'know!"

Lothar shook his head as he scrapped excess paste from the wall.

"Nah, not that. Just grumbling about bad luck. So after I scrubbed the guild halls I went to the cliffs- saw that a bunch of fellows struck some useful outcroppings of ore today. Made me eager for a bit, but shouldn't really have gotten my hopes up."

Lothar then yelped as Wilheim's hand clasped on his back.

"Phew, you had me worried for a second there! Don't think too much about it, I'll treat you today!"

Lothar's disgruntled expression faded.

"Alright then."

Quaesitor likes this.
  8. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Day 0 Points Tally:

@Quaesitor gains 8 for a total of 8 Growth Points. Perfectly average, you are now Fit for higher duties.
    @Cyjuga gains 18 for a total of 18 Growth Points! Lucky you. Saving up for a home? Also acquires Fit status for tomorrow.
    @Silver Snake gains 11 for a total of 11 Growth Points! You'd think the entire town is hitting motherloads today, sheesh! Fit for D rank tasks, except those with a restriction.
    @Siostar gains 6 for a total of 6 Growth Points. First day on construction. Thank you for the hard work! Keep it up.
    @Naraku Gathered 7 points for a total of 7 Growth Points. Almost there, but not Fit yet.
    @Way was way tardy, but gains 8 Growth Points for a total of 8. The Fit status is debatable. Maybe it shouldn't be assigned? Eh, let's give Lothar a chance.

Everybody can now take upon new tasks. Day 1 has started. Expect an event post in this thread soon.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Quaesitor and Silver Snake like this.
  9. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Three tasks. That was roughly all she had the attention for today. One within the town itself and two outside.

Now if Ella had any sense, she'd have saved the indoors task for the afternoon, and finished the two gathering tasks before noon. Unfortunately, the girl lacked the foresight to plan around things like these, and on top of that she'd overslept and woken up just slightly before noon. As for what happened to the ideal schedule...well, one could probably venture an accurate guess, no?

The girl grumbled as she swung the pickaxe, trying to stay in what little shade the cliff face provided and failing miserably. Little clouds of dust billowed with each swing, brushing across her gauntlets and sabatons. As for the rest of her armor? Stacked in a pile just beside her. The temperature was currently exactly too damned high to be baking herself in full plate; not that it helped, for her cloth garments underneath were similarly soaked. Nothing much ice magic wouldn't fix, but --- oh wait. There wasn't any in her repertoire. Nice job, Ella!

Beside the pile of armor was a basket of hard fruits, as well as a wicker backpack almost filled with ore. Or at least she hoped that was what they were; they weren't as colorful as she'd expected.

"Psh! Who cares if they're all just common ore? It's not like I can eat them anyways."

Judging that she'd exceeded the required quota of ores by a little bit, Ella tossed one last piece into the backpack and donned her armor, stooping to pick up the basket. She couldn't wait to get back to town and throw herself into a tub of water.

Surely it was fine if the fruits were left in the sunlight for the best part of the afternoon, right?

(Narrator: It wasn't fine.)

AliceShiki and Silver Snake like this.
  10. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Walking out of the guild hall with a pickaxe in hand, Ruby and I make our way to the plains near the town first. Our priority was to hopefully find some berries or other fruits in the bushes but...luck didn't seem on our side today. We found plenty of fruit, don't get me wrong, but we suffered quite a few mishaps.

"Ruby, the berries aren't supposed to be roasted!" I say to my companion as she picked some berries. We may have trained for quite a while on having her control her flames, but not much can be done about her warm hands practically melting the poor fruit.

"I'm sorry, Blaiz! I'll be more careful next time, I promise!" She replied, clearly remorseful. And that was just one of our setbacks. We were also chased by birds eager to eat the fruit of our labor, causing us to drop some or for them to become squished. Needless to say, we weren't able to obtain much.

Disappointed, but not deterred, we headed for the cliffs to possibly find some ore to bring back to make up for the lack of berries we found. Handling the loaned pickaxe, I swung it at a few rocks as hard as I could. Unfortunately, despite making a sizeable dent in the rocks lying around, I couldn't find any ore. Thinking that perhaps Ruby might have more luck, I tossed the pickaxe to her. "Ruby, catch!"

"Ah!"
    Yelping with surprise, Ruby clumsily caught the pickaxe before looking at me, confused. "Are you sure about this, Blaiz? What if I lose control and burn the handle?" She asks me, to which I shrug nonchalantly. Seemingly unsure of herself, she hesitates before finally giving the pickaxe a swing, smashing it into a rock as a metallic gleam shone through. Both of us looked at each other for a bit before grinning, glad to finally be done. We knew it wasn't much, but we were exhausted from our sheer bad luck that we were willing to take what we could get.

Returning back to the guild hall, we swept a bit to fulfill the last of our duties before turning in our quests and quietly relaxing in the tavern for the rest of the evening.
    Rolled a one for both.

11. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    “Hmm, I wonder whether these are sweet.” Thinking along those lines, Adam goes on his merry way, harvesting the ripe fruits along the way. He also uses his full willpower to stop himself from eating these otherworldly delicacies. ‘There’ll be plenty of food for the eating once I’ve got some spare change’, he thinks. Everyone around is staring at him, thinking that this person is weird, better keep the kids away from him before they get infected by him. Feeling the weird glances, Adam coughs, and scampers away as fast as he can. Thankfully, he’s got an almost full basket of fruit.

“Alright, time to go to the cliffs. I wonder whether I can get a supreme one’s treasure by jumping off”, but seeing the sheer height of the cliffs is enough to make him lose those thoughts. ”It’s ok, I knew that this this only happens to Chinese protagonists”. Comforting himself with these empty thoughts, he swings the pickaxe that he coincidently took from the house of someone who looked like a miner and swings it hard at the rock, which was prickling his intuition.

Twang, Twing, Twang

He wipes the sweat off his brows with a cloth, and looks at the fruit of labor, which was not even a scratch. Exasperated at this, he brings out his magnum and uses his amazingly accurate aim to break the rock, which revealed something shiny. Looking closely, it turned out to be some useless igneous rock. Extremely unsatisfied, he throws the rock backwards and turns around to leave.

But he sees something scary. He turns around facing the cliff and turns back, still seeing something that looked like a mix between a wolf and a lion. It is staring at him like he murdered it's parents. Next to it's feet was the rock that Adam just threw.
    “F*ck my life”.
    ‘Maybe this is what they call a dire beast’. Staying calm at moments like these was the best training that he got on Earth. Using his Enhanced Vision, he finds out that the weak point of these ugly mutts is the eyes and the underbelly. Drawing out his second magnum, he uses Quick Burst and rapidly fires 4 bullets at its eyes and blinds it. He stealthily goes near it and flips it over using the spec ops melee combat training techniques, he had learnt. He disposes of it there and then, by shooting the last two bullets in the chamber directly at its heart. Carrying the corpse over his shoulder and the basket of fruit in his hand, he hurries back to town because the sun is going down. As for the monsters who’ll be attracted by the smell. “I’ll let the guards take of them. It’ll be good training for the guards”. Thinking that, he ran like the wind back to the town.
    Results of draw : 2
    OOC.: I originally performed three tasks but the points total turned out to be 10, so I excluded the ore gathering one.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Silver Snake likes this.
  12. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuelin wandered out to the forest northeast to the frontier town, it was around early morning and the sun gave a much needed warm to Xuelin's surroundings. The morning has started to be colder due to the change of season, it was just a question of time when the forest leaves will change their color.

With some luck, she found some big brushes of blackberries, the berries was picked with care as those brushes are rather pokey after all. On her way back, two apple trees catches Xuelin's eyes. The trees themself was on the smaller side, as tiny fine looking apples hangs on their bountiful branches, luring the young maiden over with their healthy glow.

The witch picked one of those pale green fruits and took a bite, expecting it to be sour, it was a pleasant surprise that the fruit turned out to be sweet. She picked some more apples and placed them neatly in her willow basket, some will be saved to sneak on later, while the rest will be given away for her task.

Afterward, Xuelin took a quick trip to the town and returned with a pickaxe on her hand, her next destination was by the ore cliff some distance away from the town. Her task to find ores or precious stone failed horrible, for what she dig out were mainly rock and stones, one hours of digging was enough for her to give up.

The pickaxe on her hand was switched into building tools when Xuelin returned to the frontier town. Unlike her search for ores, fixing broken buildings doesn't require luck, but a bit of experience when it comes to patching up the broken parts. Fortunately, she learnt to do it by fixing her masters old house in the past.

Her task was done by early evening, after a nice meal the young adult went back to her inn room and took a long nap, today was indeed tiring day for Xueling.
    (Dice roll 4 for fruits and 1 for ores.)

13. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    A bloodied woman ran into town, screaming "Brigands! Brigands and murderers!"

Albeit startled for a moment, the townsfolk were used to such mayhem. A couple of robust looking construction workers approached the woman, and gently tried to calm her down, as she moved on to tearful wailing and sobbing. The men shared concerned expressions, waving the crowd down, and brought the woman out of the plaza, into the Mayor's inn. Later in the evening a council of Bog Basin founders was called. Proceedings could hardly be called calm and collected:

"I'm telling ya, we shouldn't have expanded the East District! You said there would be enough new folk to do the jobs and defend the town, and what? We've got a few bloody dregs and a handful of adventurers who can barely scout the surroundings out, let alone defend the road!" The man spat out to punctuate further, then crossed his arms and stared menacingly.

"Well how would I bloody know we'd only get Hillsmerch's leftovers. Ya'd think this damned frontier's the stinkin' capital, with all the immigrates and whatnot flooding to it, so we'd get our fair share too!" A man whose posture seemed to indicate a superior position shrugged back, exclaiming.

"You said we'd get rich, chief!" One dull looking man chimed in.

"Yeah, all we get is friggin' ruffians from that damn guild, and barely a peddler to trade goods with! I'ma throw my pickaxe in the bog and piss on it!" Another added.

"It's all the guild's fault, innit? Making us seem like a dangerous area and getting no respect as a frontier place!" One finalized their thoughts.

"You men are right," the leader nodded, "but they are all we've got, right? Let us make them earn their keep or get wiped out. Either case, we'll benefit from it. And who knows, a few of them die, they might acutally send the guard here to keep assets safer. We'll make it big then for sure!"

""Aye to that!"" the men agreed, and resumed drinking hard spicy alcohol.

Somewhere in the outskirts of Bog Basin Town, the shadow of a man loomed over a wounded E-ranker.

"Well look at you now," the shadow's raspy voice said, "Aren't you lucky?"

The E ranker coughed out a bit of blood in response, unable to raise his voice, let alone a hand to help himself.

"You reek, man. You reek of the dead, and piss. So how does it feel, Adventurer?" The shadow asked, cackling.

The poor victim's eyes were casting curses as his last breath left him, but the shadow remained looming over, merely gesticulating in response to its owner's action. The bandit leader pointed at something, then soon gagging noises and muffled screams followed. The peddler caravan was no more. The bandits cheered, as they looted the contents. Thievery and death were always a welcome combination to them.

Emergency Quest!

A band of bandits, formerly of guild affiliation, has returned to the area and begun harassing trade and travelers. Adventurers are to give it their all in support of our effort in eradicating this menace! To arms, adventurers!

The enemy is a combination of primarily E ranker bandits, aided by F rank creatures, such as guard dogs, kobolds, a tamed falcon, and a yet unidentified creature, whose marks are still studied on bodies recovered by the townfolk.

Bandits are designated for D rank slaying, and are considered to "nest" in groups of three, primarily among in the East and North of the region.

A caravan will be arriving in another three days, and will require protection, which the town council has strongly requested of us to undertake. All available hands must prepare for this emergency task!

That will be all,
    The Guildmaster

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Siostar, Ddraig, Naraku and 4 others like this.
  14. Cyjuga

Cyjuga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    E-Rank Tasks (Gather Fruits, Gather Ore, Construction Work Assistance):

Sooo ... new day, new adventure.
    Looking through the available tasks I choose some and start heading out to my first task.
    The first stop for today is the construction site. Since I already helped them yesterday they already had new work prepared for me."
    Wait! Am I not doing the exact same thing as yesterday ...? I'm no flying transport shuttle!?!?!"
    I cursed at myself.
    But oh well at least it's nothing to tiring.

Now that my work was done I fly off towards my next task.
    Gathering Fruits ... I know I already did that yesterday, but these fruits are just too delicious.
    I know I'm a dragon and mainly eat meat but something in between can't harm, right?
    Anyway flying above the plains I found a bush with some Fruits on it and fly closer.
    Today they are also just delicious fruits.
    Putting them in the Inventory I fly off towards the cliff... again.

Maybe I have luck today too.
    So repeating the process from yesterday I search for a shiny rock, pick it up and let it drop from a few meters above the ground.
    Today there are no rare ores.
    Picking them up I finished my E-Rank tasks and head off towards the D-Rank task.

D-Rank Task (Subjugate Monsters):

The D-Rank task today requires me to defeat bandit "nests".
    For today, I plan to take on two "nests", but first I have to scout.
    I don't know where exactly they are.
    So flying around I notice some smoke coming from the east.
    "Isn't that in the forest? Let's take a closer look."
    I said.
    While I was flying above the smoke I could make out a small camp.
    "Those must be the bandits, looks like there are 5 Bandits and 2 guard dogs." I thought to myself. Now I have to make a plan.
    "That big tent in the middle seems to belong to their leader." I noticed.
    After scouting the area for some time I finished making a plan and began to start it.
    First I fly towards a tree and take a stick from it. With the stick in my claws I flew near a tree from where I could see two guard dogs and a bandit patrolling the area.
    With my claws I dug a hole and placed some leaves on top to hide it.
    I then threw the stick I picked up so that the guard dogs noticed it and ran after the stick.
    The stick landed on the place where the hole is hidden.
    The dogs ran on top of it and fell in the hole.
    Now that they are trapped inside the hole I quickly flew towards the bandit who was still confused of what happened.
    Before he could make a noise I sliced his throat with my sharp claws.
    "Hmpfh a dragon body is a weapon in itself" I said to myself.
    Remembering the dogs in the hole I searched for a big rock which I then threw inside the hole.
    "Yikes that doesn't look tasty" I said after seeing the guard dogs completely squashed.
    I took out my Ring with appearance altering magic and made myself look like the bandit I just killed.
    After taking the body of the bandit and also throwing it inside the pit I started to put dirt over it again.
    "Don't want anyone to accidentally fall into it" I said.
    I then walked towards the campsite of the bandits.
    "Oh, Rick you are back. Anything suspicious out there?" said a bandit to me.
    "Looks like this guy's name was Rick" I thought.
    "No nothing special. I have to talk to the boss so see you later" I answered the bandit.
    I walked towards the big tent in the middle and said "Boss, could I come in? I have something to ask".
    "Come in." a voice came from inside the tent.
    I entered and saw the leader standing in front of a map that hung on the side.
    "So what did you want to ask Rick?" he asked while still with his back towards me and still inspecting the map.
    "Oh nothing much I just wanted to ask you how it feels like to have no heart?" I said while transforming my hand to dragon claws and piercing his heart through his back.
    "AHH!" he screams and falls dead to the floor.
    I quickly hide behind the door at the entrance of the tent.
    Just a few seconds later the last three bandits rush inside to look what happened.
    Not giving them any time to react I instantly pierce two of the bandits, one with my right-hand claws and one with my left-hand claws.
    I then take the bodies and throw them towards the last bandit.
    While he tries to catch them I rush behind him and slice his neck with my claws.
    All three are dead.
    I cleaned my claws on the clothes of the bandits and go back outside.
    "One bandit nest done, one more to go for my goal" I said and completely transformed back to a dragon.

Finished with the nest I started flying to the north since there should also be bandits.
    It didn't take long to find them, but this time they were inside a cave.
    I observed the cave entrance for some time and noticed that there is a big rock at the entrance with which the entrance could be completely blocked.
    Outside the cave entrance was just one bandit.
    I started the plan which I thought of and flew directly above the bandit.
    Then I flew down as fast as I could and pierced his head from above, instantly killing him.
    I quickly took out the Ring with appearance altering magic to change my looks to look like the bandit.
    Now looking like the bandit I walked inside the cave and quietly searched to look if there are any other exits.
    Luckily there is no other entrance.
    I made my way back outside the cave and transformed back towards my dragon form.
    "So, let's start the BBQ Party." I said and spew a fire dragon Breath inside the cave setting the buildings inside on fire.
    I then quickly moved the big rock outside to block the entrance.
    There were muffled screams but I ignored them.
    After some time it became quiet.
    Opening the entrance again I saw a lot of corpses of bandits, guard dogs and even goblins. Checking to make sure everything was dead I walked inside.
    After making sure everything is dead I walked back outside and flied back towards the town to report my tasks for today.

15. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    rolled 3.
    Ylae deliberated on whether to pick hunting or patrolling. Both were quite troublesome-- her specialty, whether she likes it or not, were blunt attacks. Therefore, hunting animals with your fist did not sound practical enough-- while as for patrolling? What exactly is up-to-date information? On the state of Central Bassin, South Quarter, East District and Mistmile? Those two seemed interesting, but... she just was not good at this kind of thing. No matter how hungry she was, it was not worth the hassle. She may end up hungrier the next day by attempting such a thing.

Therefore, she decided to do the same requests as yesterday plus helping with the construction work. She could likely gather the firewood first, then aid on the construction and finally go gather some fruits. For the guild, and possibly her own consumption. Like the previous day, she headed to the spot where she found firewood and brought back to the guild the same amount since there did not seem to be any problem last time. Her arms were not sore yet, therefore it should be fine... Nonetheless, this time, she took as many breaks as she could, taking her sweet time.

Once she brought the firewood to the guild, she headed out in order to help with the construction work. At first, they doubted she will be useful, but once she started carrying materials twice heavier than what normal workers carry, they changed their minds and welcomed her. Obviously, streaks of runes were visible on her body once she started working. If she did not enhance her physique, there is no way she would be able to accomplish this. Unfortunately, it made her hungrier.

Thus, she headed towards the plains, to gather as many fruits as possible. On the way over there, she stopped a few times and surveyed her surroundings. Trying to save this image into her mind, this was merely an attempt to become familiar with the places she has been, noting landmarks and the such.
    Once she was done, Ylae started searching more seriously for the lovely bushes that held this world's treasure. More precisely, delicious edible food that she could not eat. Yet, when the bushes were found, disappointment could be found on her face. It was inconceivable for her to hand over fewer fruits than she did yesterday, therefore, it was impossible for her to eat one of them. Unfortunately, she won't eat more than the previous day.

Let down by this terrible news, she headed back to the guild and handed over the fruits she had found for the day.

16. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Strange rules for these strange lands... Alex thought while observing the notice board. To simply gain a permit to build a workshop, a month of labour is required... Ah, what can be done~

Better get to work. Might grab some snack for days to come while on it.

With workload for today decided, Alex arrived at the village's construction site assigned by the guild. Immediately, there was a problem tho. How the hell should she help? Not to be too negative, but strength or endurance were not Alexa's greatest strengths... Hardly that, in fact, she would be happy to not be a hindrance here.

With quick look around to search for activity to actually do without tripping over anyone, Alex finaly discovered another girl running around.

Few light steps later had Alex looking over her shoulders at cooking ingredients being carried off to one of the tents.

Cooking? Ah, bet that counts as assistance here~

A slight smile split her face she could already see herself „tasting“ all the food she would prepare today.

Ahh, indeed. I can see myself doing this for a month~ Such were her last thoughts before entering kitchen to join the ranks of cooks.

And if any worker that day noticed his burden a bit lighter after partaking in today's meal? Well, cooking? Alchemy? What's the difference, really?

-------------

Deep, silent breaths were the only sign anyone particularly keen passing by would receive of predator hiding in the undergrowth nearby. There are three things hunter needs to have in mind for hunt to go as planned.

Alex checked herself again. Calm breaths, slow and deliberate motions when necessary and deep focus on her target, a lovely boar, which was approaching slowly.

Patience, Hunter's first virtue, Alex smiles as she thought that she definitely had that. Well, at least a little bit of it...

The wind shifted and the boar approaching missed a step.

Decissiveness.

Arrow flew and pierced boars side.

Yup, second one was definitely in her toolbox too. Alex iddly thought as she picked herself up and followed the trail of broken branches, deep footsteps and droplets of blood. Too many of those. Arrow flew true it seemed and so, Alex slowed down to enjoy the forest's calm.

Third hunters virtue? Ah, that one I always forget~ Who knows, maybe Ill one day remember. Alex mused as she kneeled to slice the throat of the exhausted, dying boar.

It took a little while, but before sun set, skinned, gutted boar was presented as proof of quest completed to the adventurer guild.

Nobody complained about the liver missing, and so, dinner was secured too. Truly, wonderful day.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Roll result is a 1

After the last day of work, Edea has to admit that life in this frontier town does appeal to her somewhat. It is certainly better than being on the run or on the road, and also lacks the annoying flattery, bribes, and politics that life back in the kingdom had. Though it also - obviously - lacks the luxury. She also doesn't live in her own house anymore. But at least one of these two can be fixed eventually via helping the repair and construction. When the time comes, at least.

After a brief sparring session in the morning that ends up with a surprising fight with some goblins, she first uses the time outside to search for medicinal herbs, but fails to find any, instead only coming across normal (though tasty) fruits.

Once she returns to the town, in her aspiration to own her very own house and workshop, Edea decides to help with the construction work today. If this town is to be her new home, she will need a home of her own.

The construction-work itself comes surprisingly easy to Edea. Thanks to noting down anything she learns in her grimoire of crafting, as well as her Information spell, she quickly acquires the knowledge of simple construction-related jobs and puts it to decent use, doing acceptable work. Certainly not outstanding - she lacks the practice for that - but still usable.

After the construction work, she finishes off the day in a comparatively relaxed manner by cleaning up the horses similarly to the day before.

18. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Courier Six
    Players; @The Everdistant Utopia @Quaesitor @Haxagen

Lothar was having a much better day today, all things considered.

While he had woken up slightly hungover, Wilheim had thankfully been watchful of the cups and stopped Lothar from making a fool of himself by escorting him home before he got too deep into his cups.

His workday then proceeded as per normal. Scrubbing tough stains, helping out with construction, and striking away at the cliff heads in hopes of fortune.

And indeed, Lady Luck seemed to shine brightly on him today, and he quickly uncovered some precious materials within the course of barely a few strikes! The receptionist was mighty surprised to see him back so soon, but who was going to begrudge the treasures he brought back?

He used that additional time to forage for some medical herbs- while he was no expert, he knew a good share about herbs from his travels and various treatises, and could even make tinctures out of them with some simple preparation, boiling and straining. The guild was paying handsomely for even cheap tinctures, due to a shortage of healers and much too many dangers lurking in the forest for supplies to keep up, so he might as well get some much-needed coin out of it while he could.

It so happened that having received payment for his tincture, he finally had the coin to successfully haggle for a proper repair kit! Sure, the merchant wasn't haggling too hard since the demand for artisans and other skilled workers outweighed any gains that could be obtained from extortion with high pricing, and would have earned unneeded enmity, anyhow, but that was unimportant.

Now, he could put his skills as an armourer to proper use- while it was no forge, there was enough of a demand for arms and armour that the proper armourers being overwhelmed, leaving enough business for newcomers like him to make a living through simple maintenance.

He had rented a small stall for exactly that- his counter and an additional table made up his workshop, and the shade of the stall's fabric roof kept him cool as he slowly waited for business, drumming his fingers on the countertop with patience.

It was his first day, after all. He could wait.
    ---
    Simply put, the reach advantage of a human with a two-handed scimitar was near impossible to overcome by a feral goblin, who possessed neither the celerity of hobbits nor the constitutions of the dwarves to make up for it.

As the above facts to allude to, there is no need to describe how Lothar dispatched the goblins, for when fighting a bunch of disparate, feral goblins in the open, backed with enough numbers to offset their overwhelming numerical advantage, there was simply no need for technique.

In fact, it could be argued that this whole affair was not a skirmish. It was a slaughter.

With every swing an appendage came off and with each thrust organs were peforated. Speed alone was good enough for the dull witted goblins could not react quickly enough to a skilled swing and feints would only slow things down.

In addition, proper footwork and timing, ensured that Lothar never faced more than two goblins at once. By the time more came to him, his opponents would already be eliminated, and the only thing that stood would be a waiting Lothar, scimitar upon shoulder.

The only thing he would have to be concerned about remotely would be arrows. They were terribly easy to spot and evade in the open though, which eliminated any threat their shoddy, low-power shortbows could pose.

---

Well, that was an eventful day, anyhow.

The first customer of the day was not at all what Lothar was expecting. A strange scholar had asked him for a spar. Honestly, any sane armourer would have laughed off such a strange request and asked them to hire a proper fencer instead of bothering them of all people, but Lothar, who only had the tools to do simple repairs, was aching to fence a bit, and most importantly, was willing to be pragmatic about his income flow, had decided to accept.

The person was a bit of a strange one, but Lothar personally found her pretty pleasant as a customer and a respectable fencer. Her mannerisms could be considered stiff or even rude, but Lothar saw it for what is was- blunt. He liked blunt. Blunt reduced the time he needed to take his pay.

Very surprisingly though, despite that she managed to resist her attempts at provocation when she was already angered- few people had the disposition nor strength of will to pull that off, which he couldn't help but respect. All in all, he wouldn't be adverse to fencing with her again.

While the whole affair was unusual enough, there was the whole goblins incident that interrupted them in the middle of their bout that was just bizarre. Sure, it got resolved quite handily since there were more than enough skill combatants to dismantle the horde, but there was simply was no logical reason for them to pop up so close to the cliffs just to go down fighting pointlessly, when they should have realised that ambushing a whole group of people in the open would end badly...

Something was afoot there, but there were more pressing developments to be dealt with. There was brewing discontent and worry about an outlaw situation that was cutting off trade to the village...and there weren't nearly enough people in this backwater that could root them out.

He could not, and would not simply stand by as the town ground to a halt- as an artisan, his livehood would be most affected. Thus, he was already making plans to borrow some arms and armour from the guild, so he could join the bandit hunting efforts. Experience as a militiaman and fencer would serve him quite well against these damned brigands.

Regardless, that goblin encounter led to his second customer. Who was...well, it's hard to pinpoint what he felt about that strange knight-errant, but business was business. No strange requests this time, at least.

The third person was a strange, young priestess of some religion, who asked him to...sharpen her religious headpiece? Honestly, he was certain that this kind of thing usually required a special ritual to be made out of the whole process, not handled to just any random handyperson, but who was he to look a gift horse in the mouth?

All in all, yet another fulfilling day, he supposed.

19. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Day 1 Points Tally:

@Haxagen gains 18 points for a total of 26 Growth Points. Proved greedier than goblins thus receives Fit status.
    @Fossil gains 8 points for a total of 8 Growth Points and is also Fit for higher duty. Not all that shines is fruit or something?
    @UndyingSLIME10295 gains 8 points for a total of 8, and is considered Fit as well!
    @Siostar gains 8 points for a total of 14 Growth Points, obtaining Fit status.
    @Cyjuga gains 21 for a total of 39 Growth Points! Dragons sure are of a different scale. Fit for a second day!
    @Naraku performed great today, however only gains 8 points to Ylae's existing 8 Growth Points. Definitely Fit.
    @Little Evil gains Alex's first 8 points and is Fit for higher rank today!
    @Quaesitor steadily gains 8 points to a total of 16 Growth Points. Fit granted.
    @Way did the same, but tackled on greater tasks, aiding his fellow adventurers and gaining 28 points for a total of 36 points! Is this man a dragon? Fit.

Housing tally:

@Cyjuga 2/30 days
    @Siostar 2/30 days
    @Way 2/30 days
    @Naraku 1/30 days
    @Little Evil 1/30 days
    @Quaesitor 1/30 days

New tasks will be added by next tally.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Naraku and Way like this.
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    After arriving at the Bog Basin Town, I ended up registering as an adventurer... I didn't get why, wouldn't I just leave again soon? Elytra told me to do it though, so I registered. She said it would be a good way to get food... Can't we just get it from the woods though? It's what we always did anyways...

Or rather, even the quest she asked me to take was just going out to gather fruits... That's exactly what I'd do if I didn't register, but now I'll have to give some of those away to get some sort of reward... I don't get it, this is so confusing...

"Stop worrying this much! You need to pay rent somehow and this is how! Get moving girl!" Elytra shouted at my head! Why does she always do that!?

'Okay, okay! I'm going, okay!? It hurts when you shout like that...' I told her as I left the down and went to the nearby woods. They were a bit slimy and hard to walk on though, it was hard to move here... 'Couldn't we have just went to the last woods we went to? It would be much easier to grab food there...'

"Stupid! That's three days away! Who'll seriously want a worker that takes a whole week to get some damn fruits!? Get moving already! This swamp won't clear itself!" Please stop shouting, Elytra... It hurts my head... "Goodness... You really shouldn't cry over this... Keep moving, girl, you really can't fail this if you want a roof over your head at night."

'Okay... I'll try...' I moved. I moved through the swamp to the best of my capabilities... I had to climb over trees... And fall. And hit my face on the slimy water... It was so dirty and... Aaaaagh, I hate this...

"There, that one, it should be edible." Elytra moved my head to look at a bright orange round fruit. There were quite a few of them growing from a tree not too far from me... Okay, up we go and...

'Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!! What's that!? What's that!? What's that!?' I-i-i-i-it's so big! And why is it opening its mouth!? No, don't!

It flew away... It flew away and started spewing lots of blood... My arm hurts... My giant black arm hurts... I feel tired...

"Goodness, Ellya! I told you that you need to learn to control our powers better! How many times do I have to say this!? You can't seriously depend on me all the time like this! You need to be able to do it yourself!" It really hurts... Please don't shout... I'm scared... "Look, just... Just try getting up, okay? I don't think there are more crocodiles nearby, I should have been more careful with looking before telling you to move, but it should be fine now... Just get the fruits, okay?"

'Alright... I... I'll get them...' My head hurts... Each step was so hard to take... I was so dirty and heavy... My arm wasn't black anymore at least, I liked this much... But... I wanted to... I wanted to...

"It's alright... It's alright..." Elytra was hugging me... She was hugging me deep inside... It felt warm... "You'll be okay. I'll protect you for as long as you need protecting, okay? Don't worry about anything, just focus on the task ahead of you..."

I was crying... I was crying, but I felt at ease... Elytra was nice after all... I moved forward. One step at a time I moved forward... I fell a few more times, but the muddy water didn't hurt, so it was alright... I got to the tree... Me and Elytra ate a few of the fruits. We were hungry, they were tasty, it was nice to eat... Then we got a few more that we could carry with us, and started moving back... Elytra helped me be careful. We couldn't drop the fruits, we couldn't let them get dirty on the muddy water... One step, one step at a time... Don't fall... Don't let things get blurrier, don't cry, don't think... One step ahead... One step is fine.

We didn't find any other animals... We stopped by the river before going back to the town. I was able to bathe there and clean my clothes. They were still very wet, but they were clean at least. This would work for now... Okay, now back to the town we go.

It was cold... I wanted to rest... I don't like going to muddy swamps... I don't like having to walk while wet and in cold clothes... I want a warm fireplace... Mom and dad made me a nice fire before, it was warm, it was...

"Ellya! Look, we're here! We can finish the quest and then go to the inn and rest! It's nice being an adventurer, isn't it!?" Elytra, please don't shout like that... It hurts to hear shouts...

I got back to the guild... It was cold... I delivered the fruits... I got some shiny things... Elytra really liked those, she kept telling me how important it was... I liked the fruits more than the shiny though.

I was tired though... I wanted to rest... Elytra told me where to go, there was a nice bed there... I like beds... We don't stay in beds for long... A room just for me, that was nice...

I took out the wet clothes and laid down to rest... I was tired... I wanted to rest... Elytra was hugging me again... She was warm... I liked Elytra... Take care of me, Elytra...