Adventurers Guild AGNA - General Roleplay

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Mar 27, 2022.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration | Ship's Tavern | OOC | Task Board | Task Completion Tales | Announcements

This is a thread for any specific stuff you wanted to put that your character did, but didn't fit anywhere else!

Usually speaking, this means longer stories that your character did alone, but that weren't related to any task in particular... Or just big stories with other characters in general, that you didn't feel like they fit into the Tavern, since like... Well, I dunno, they're big and stuff.

And on that note, please do put big stories on a spoiler. It's fine to leave them out of spoilers if you're making them on the spot by interacting with other players, but if you're just posting something that was already completed, please put it in a spoiler, otherwise it will be too hard to scroll through the thread.

You can also use it for interacting with other characters in places outside the tavern if you want or whatever... It's a pretty loose thread. Go wild.
    • This is a strictly IC (In-Character) thread. Please denote it clearly if you wish to speak OOC (Out-of-Character)... Or rather, just go to the OOC thread if possible.
    • Respect other people.
    • Don't worry too much about the flow of time when talking here. It's fine to talk here while your character is busy clearing a task or whatever (This is more of a guideline tbh).

2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Just what was up with that crazy woman!? I... I was just so worried! Why did she jump if she has no tail!? Why was she refusing to get back to the ship!? Why was she just so... So...

I shouldn't have jumped after her... I should have just let her...

I shook my head. No... This isn't right... Mom and dad wouldn't be happy if I let those tailless people alone when they fall on the water... It's important to bring them back to the land... It is important, but... Why was she refusing to get closer to the ship...?

I sent a small prayer to the gods. Please help me understand... Please help me help them... Please help me endure... I'm tired of crying, gods... I'm tired of living like this...

I shook my head again. That's not right... I shouldn't be like that... Mom wouldn't want me to vent to the gods... I should pray for help, but I shouldn't just try throwing my problems to them... Right mom?

... I miss you, mom. I wish you and dad were here...

I'll keep trying, okay? Please watch over me... I wanna keep on smiling... I wanna keep on seeing the people on the ship smile.

Millea will keep on trying her best, so... Please take care of me.

I prayed to the gods once more, then started swimming back to the ship... I shouldn't stray too far from it while it's moving... I don't wanna be alone again. It's too scary to be alone...

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Today, I woke up hearing a lot of noises... We don't usually have noises in the morning... Did something happen?

I crawled out of my room to check, and I saw lots of tailless people shouting on the deck. They seemed to be quite happy.

And... Fishes. Quite a few fishes were on top of the deck. They weren't on the water, but they were on the deck instead. The tailless people were cheering while holding some thin thingies on their hands... Ah, I saw those before... They caught the fishes with them.

It was nauseating... I wanted to push the fishes back into the sea... But that would make the tailless people sad... That would make them shout at me again... I don't wanna get shouted at...

I jumped into the water. I didn't want to stay on the deck today.

And the water... Ah, it has some food floating on it... I saw that before... The fishes eat the floating food, then they're pulled up to the ship... I hate those. I wanted to scare the fishes away from the floating food... But that too would make the tailless people sad.

I swam away from it, I didn't want to see it. I didn't want to be near it.

The ship wasn't moving today, so it's fine if I go farther than normal. I won't be left alone even if I stay far from the ship today.

I swam for a while, searching for a good place to stay at... I didn't want to play with the fishes today. Some other place would be better. Some place calmer...

Strange... I want to be alone, but I don't want to be alone... What does that mean, mom? Why do I feel this way?

... I don't wanna cry like this, mom... Why aren't you here...?

I found a coral reef. It was pretty. It reminded me of home... The tears did not seem to want to stop today.

I picked some nearby algae and ate them, since I was kinda hungry, then went into the coral... A nice and pretty homely place... It had lots of algae nearby, so I wouldn't be hungry... It was a good place to stay the day at.

I laid down on top of a rock and started wondering... What was I supposed to do next? I just... Was it fine to just stay on the ship? To see fishes being caught like that?

But if I was not there, then... Then I'd be alone again. It's way too scary... I really don't want to be alone again...

Mom... Dad... Everyone... I really miss you.

I prayed. I prayed they somehow found happiness. I prayed that the fishes didn't suffer. I prayed that everything would end up being okay... I prayed I could be happy there on the ship. Together with the kind people that cared for me...

It was dark... Did I... Fall asleep? I might have.

I was hungry... It was a bit hard to see, but it would be fine for as long as I swam slowly.

I got some algae for myself, and ate them by myself... I wanna get back to the ship. I don't wanna be eating alone.

I swam up. Even if it was dark, the ladder was always there. Even if nobody was looking, I could still go back to the ship. I could always go back to the ship...

And there it was. Same as always. I climbed the ladder, and crawled towards the usual rowdy place. People were singing, drinking colored water, shouting... It was loud, but it didn't feel bad.

"Girlie! Welcome back!" The nice lady that usually cleaned the green dirty water hugged me. She felt warm, "You stayed out for quite a while today, didn't you? I was worried..." I didn't want to worry her... "Sorry for troubling you this morning... I hope you can understand it..." She gently caressed my head... She apologized... She was nice... I'm glad I came back.

I'm home...? I... I may be home.

I hugged her back, and let the tears flow... And... I think I smiled too.

At the very least, I wanted to be smiling... I wanted it... I wanted to have a home... I don't wanna be alone... Don't let me be alone...

"It's okay... It's okay..." She gently whispered... I think... I'm getting sleepy... I slept a lot, but... I feel warm... I think I'll sleep a bit.

Jeanette, ChiliJam and Siostar like this.
  4. ChiliJam

ChiliJam Sunflower Goddess' Devotee

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened last night made me curious about those creatures called humans, like what I read in the elder's book, humans don't have great tails and ears like us Nekojin. And in the book, it was written that humans were greedy and selfish creatures. But the humans I saw weren't like that, not only did they forgive me for sneaking around, but they also let me in. oh, and humans are so tall that I have to look up to talk to them…

… talk about last night, one of the crew members asked me something quite strange, he asked if they could pat my head... actually, I was taught not to entrust our heads to anyone, but because at that time I thought they were about to return me to the island, I nodded my head in response…they all went crazy right then and there, shouting happily about something I didn't know about, and for some reason, I sense something was wrong, an instinct of us Nekojin usually correct.

Trusting my instinct, I was about to say no, however, one of them caress me on my head... and i-it was so good, my mouth leaked a purring sound... remembering what happened after that made me—ah control yourself Pussa! ah, they also, called me "girl", but as far as I know, it's a term for females, strange, even though my appearance is the manliest of the other males in the village… human really is a strange creature… without a tail they could still walk on two feet! How marvelous! Do they use some kind of magic? It's worth observing them from now on.

Umu, I've decided! Humans will be the first creatures that I will write about in my book! But before that, I have to get myself a book and a pen. Captain said I could take it from the storage... ah, and I also need medicine for my sea sickness… being on the sea is not as easy as I thought… urk—ah, I need to clean it again…

Jeanette, AliceShiki and Siostar like this.
  5. char.is

char.is Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xie woke up feeling warm and fuzzy. She had a very good dream, and it was almost luxurious in the way that it was filled with love and affection and warmth. There was a sense of giddiness in her heart — the kind of teenage excitement not unlike the thrill of recently finishing a *dokidoki* shoujo manga — and she wanted to cling that vicarious sensation of happiness just a little bit longer.

It tasted sooo good. Mouthwatering, delicious, and savory like the finest wagyu steak.

However, a sensation of guilt immediately washed over her.

She had eaten a good memory during the night.

Or more precisely, she had stolen it.

Xie had snuck into the bedroom of the one of the ship's sailors while he was sleeping. The unsuspecting seaman was dreaming of of his loving fiancée who was waiting for him back at home, and Xie preyed on his memories. It had simply been too good for a demon like her to resist, and she couldn't stop herself from eating his memories. After all this time at sea, it had been weeks since she had eaten properly, and this poor sailor was simply too vulnerable at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course, she only took a tiny piece of his memories from him.

The sailor most likely wouldn't even notice that he forgot something.

However, that "tiny piece" was gone forever, and Xie stole a very nice memory. The memory didn't belong to her, and she had shamelessly taken it from its rightful owner. Right now, the memory was inside Xie's stomach, and it would allow her to survive a few more days disguised as a human on this seafaring ship.

Xie couldn't let anyone discover that she was a demon. Exorcists from the Holy Order would pay thousands of gold coins to anyone who caught the elusive 700 year old dream-eating baku who plagued this region of the continent, and Xie didn't trust anyone at the moment. Anyone could betray her and sell her to the regional archbishop.

The disguised demon sighed as she quietly slipped out of the sleeping sailor's bedroom. She had to leave before anyone caught her at the crime scene, and Xie left behind no evidence of her midnight meal. Hopefully, no one spotted her suspiciously visiting that sailor's quarters in the middle of the night.

AliceShiki and Jeanette like this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: This one is written from the PoV of the captain and it is related to the recent tavern events that started here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/6895337/

Feel free to keep on roleplaying on that "event" if you want though. I'm just kinda wrapping it up because nobody seems to want to post anything else.

Below comes the IC stuff from the PoV of the captain.
    ----------------
    I sighed as I looked at the remains of the tavern... I dunno if we were lucky to not lose a single life amidst this chaos, or extremely unlucky to have this happen to us in the first place.

I sighed. How did all this happen? Nobody seemed to have a clear explanation... It is all such a mess.

I did ask the people that were on the tavern or that were nearby to see if they had explanations, but... Well, things were still too conflicting, I suppose.

I tried organizing my thoughts. Trying to understand what had just happened here.

Let's see... It first started with an armored man appearing out of nowhere on the window. Nobody knows where he came from, so some are theorizing that he flew here... Others are theorizing that he climbed the ship's hull... But others said that they vaguely remember seeing a guy like that within the ship before. Maybe he was a newbie? It was hard to be sure. With how bad his burns were, I can't say for sure if I recognized him or not.

Though an armored man that decides to keep using his armor on the ship... And that somehow appears on the window while... Covering in some magical oil? I just can't understand it. Everything seems all over the place with this guy. We'll probably need to have a talk once he finishes recovering, because right now, the most sensible explanation was that he flew to the ship in an attempt to cause a fire.

... But he wasn't the one to actually start the fire, so...? What am I even supposed to think here? I'm lost. I'll really need to talk to him once he feels better.

Then... What else? The mermaid girl started poking his hand... Some people talked about how they were surprised by her sudden murderous wish over the armored man, but other people were saying that she started poking lots of people's hands... Did something about hands get her curious? Is she trying to find something from poking hands...?

... I can't really have a talk with her as she doesn't talk, so I guess we'll have to keep an eye on her for the time being... Let's hope this one was just a coincidence.

Then... The catgirl... She doesn't seem to be very sane from what I have heard of her, but reports say that she tried helping the armored man. Some said she threw the fire lantern on the armored man, while others said they think she stumbled on it and dropped it perchance... It was probably an accident? Or maybe she was just crazy and threw the fire on him? I can hardly be sure.

And she has been missing since the explosion. Some said they saw someone being thrown over the window amidst the chaos though, so she maybe just fell on the water? We didn't find any bodies, so it's possible... We'll have to look for her later, I suppose. Perhaps she can explain it.

Then uhn... There was the girl that tried helping the armored man, but just got caught up on the fire too, the guy that tried erasing the fire with wind and made everything worse, the guy that threw water on the fire and that somehow caused an explosion with that... I still don't get how the fire even got that big in the middle of the sea, so I can't really blame him for the explosion I suppose.

And uhn... That person who ate the fire? I think she was trying to help at first? But then some reports said that she later on spread the fire with a sneeze of sorts. I guess her attempt backfired.

And lastly, the girl that threw sand at everything and was able to contain the fire before things got worse... I'll have to thank her later. She surely saved some lives here at the very minimum.

... And the conclusion from all this mess? I still have no idea... Perhaps the parties involved will be able to shed some light on the incident. Talking to the ones that don't seem to be in danger is probably for the best.

But for now... I sighed. We have a lot to do don't we?

The armored man and the girl that tried saving him both seem to be heavily injured. The catgirl went missing, and many people got light and medium injuries from the explosion... We need to help all of them, and we also need to fix both the tavern and the cellar... Gods help us all. Of all things that could end up damaging the ship, a sudden fire and explosion that don't seem to have any real culprit was definitely not something any of us could have prepared for.

Well... Let's get moving, I suppose.
    ----------------
    OOC: I'll try creating some tasks related to this later, but feel free to roleplay anything related to it as you see fit. Included, but not limited to, healing the wounded, helping getting people out of the sand pile, talking to the captain, or whatever else you feel like it.

@BB_Tensei @Way @Quaesitor @Haxagen @The Everdistant Utopia @Fossil @Naraku @Siostar

Quaesitor, Naraku, Fossil and 4 others like this.
  7. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC Note: In chronological order, this would happen a while after the first task was completed, shortly after the fire occurred as well.
    "Well, this sucks."

Grumbling, the deckhand hoisted another crate onto several existing ones to form a stack, before raising one arm to wipe the sweat off his brows.

"Because of that stupid fire, this whole place needed to be cleaned again. I don't even know why there's so many bags of flour when we don't even make bread onboard."

While rumors of the place he was currently working in did bring in a measure of unease, the hole exposing the cellar to the tavern above, the nightly rotation just outside the kitchen as well as his own pride gave him sufficient courage to continue working as usual. Of course, one could also not rule out the efforts of a previous visitor who'd emerged having subdued the ghost. That had dispelled much of the gloomy feeling that the cellar gave off, and made it easier for the kitchen workers that worked the night shift.

"Okay, all I have to do now is to dust off the boxes, and that'll be all for tonight. There should still be a few bottles stashed away in the—?"

He had good reason to pause, for in the midst of the boxes that he'd stacked personally, there was now a smaller padlocked box that he definitely didn't remember moving.

"What's this?"

After a few knocks, he could ascertain that it was just a box made of regular materials. If not for it's obviously smaller size and being wrapped in chains, he might've just passed it off as something he'd missed earlier.

"Hmm..."

Since he couldn't really dash the box against the floor, the deckhand pulled out two pieces of uniquely shaped metal and started fiddling with the lock.

*Clink*

Even after several lockpicks snapped, the deckhand's attention was focused entirely on the lock. He dug about his pockets, taking out several more, working away at the interior of the lock. Finally...

*Clack*

The lock gave way with a groan, allowing the deckhand to pull off the chains. With trembling hands, he opened the box to find—

Nothing at all.

"Well, that was a f*cking waste of time. Now I'd better get going..."

He stopped once more. At some point in time when he was fiddling with the box, the hole exposing cellar to tavern had vanished, which was absurd. How could a hole just disappear?

Lifting a finger to tap his forehead. the crewmate realized that the sensation he'd taken for adrenaline was, in fact, chilly temperatures brushing against his exposed neck. And in his concentration earlier, he'd missed a sound that was slowly getting louder and closer.

*Teke teke*

It gave him the jitters, so he decided to hightail it out of there. Or at least that was what he'd planned to do, for when he retreated to the door opening back out to the kitchen it was locked.

"Hey! If anyone's outside, let me out!"

Though he slammed against the cover with all his might, the lock held firm. On the other side, it seemed that no one had heard him either, for he could hear nothing but air pressing his ear against the wood.

*Teke teke*

The sounds were getting extremely close. In the darkness of the cellar, the deckhand's only candle flickered weakly.

"Oh, god...!"

Perhaps he could sense his impending death, for the unfortunate man dropped to his knees and started praying desperately, spittle flying from his frothing mouth as he mumbled in a frenzy.

*......*

The sounds stopped. The flame wobbled unsteadily, on the verge of extinguishing.

"—No, no, no no nonononononononono please no please no pleaseno pleashnoe plRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

The candle dropped to the floor. In the moments before it extinguished, sending the room into pitch black, it was clear that one end had been cleanly sliced off. From the darkness came wet gurgles, panicked wheezes, pained grunting...and then, nothing.

In the dead of night, the flower of blood and entrails bloomed magnificently.

AliceShiki, Siostar and Way like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *slowly crawls around the infirmary*
    *looks left and right*
    *carefully dodges the people running around that are taking care of the wounded*
    *crawls a bit more*
    *suddenly sees Vinicio laying down on a bed*
    *eyes brighten up*
    *quickly crawl near him*
    *starts poking the gauntlet that is on top of a shelf right next to Vinicio*
    -----------------
    OOC: @Way I'm assuming Vinicio wouldn't be wearing his armor on the infirmary while being treated, so I just figured his armor would be left right next to him.

Jeanette and Haxagen like this.
  9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *enters the infirmary through a window*
    *catches a falling flowerpot and replaces it*
    *looks around*
    *spots a pair of familiar faces*
    "Oh!"
    *heads over to the bed*
    honoka.thinking.png
    *starts headpatting the mermaid*

Jeanette and AliceShiki like this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *smiles a bit as is headpatted*
    *suddenly opens eyes wide*
    *quickly picks up the gauntlet*
    *almost lets it fall*
    *somehow doesn't drop it*
    *pokes the gauntlet again and again*
    *seems to be troubled*
    *shows gauntlet to Honoka*

11. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *tilts head*
    "Yes, this is worn on the hand."
    honoka.thinking.intensifies.png
    *pokes the gauntlet as well*
    "This gauntlet is made out of gauntlet, indeed."
    *nods wisely*

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *eyes open wide*
    *tries putting hand inside gauntlet*
    *moves fingers a bit while they're inside the gauntlet*
    *opens mouth wide*

13. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *notices opened mouth*
    "Hmm..."
    honoka.mischief.png
    *picks up second gauntlet*
    *casts Mage Hand*
    "Look, no hands!"
    *moves gauntlet with invisible hand while both of her own are out in plain sight*

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *opens mouth and eyes wider*
    *tries poking the flying gauntlet*
    *puts hand that is inside the other gauntlet on her chin while tilting her head*
    *jumps in place*
    *looks at her own hand*
    *blink blink*
    *looks back and forth between both gauntlets*
    *pokes her gauntlet*
    *pokes flying gauntlet*
    *tilts head*

Jeanette, Haxagen and Siostar like this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *smug noises*
    *laughs like a villainess schoolgirl*
    *gestures*
    *flying gauntlet floats onto her palm*
    *pats Millea with other hand*
    "Tis, power to do things without moving."
    *Mage Hand becomes a glowing waving palm*
    "Is called...communism!"

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *blink blink blink*
    *nod nod nod*
    *looks left and right for a bit*
    *puts non-gauntlet hand on chin and tilts her head again*

17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Teaching others the wrong things...is fun!
    *looks around*
    hoho-ka.png
    *stands beside Millea*
    *points out three other people in the infirmary*
    "Uhn, that one has an injured shoulder, that one has a fever, that one slipped on a banana and broke his nose."
    *stoops to whisper*
    "The culprit behind all those injuries is fish."

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *opens mouth wide*
    *shakes head many times*
    *flaps tail*
    *crosses arms in an "X" symbol*

Haxagen likes this.
  19. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *continues fibbing in whispers*
    "It's true. Those three were part of the same expedition to a land far far faaaar away in the west, where there was a big big ship under the sea."
    *gestures with arms for dramatic effect*
    "In that ship there were big fish. Very big fish that were three metres tall and six metres wide. Each of them had two heads, three legs, and eyes all over their face. Those fish are called---"
    *pause for effect while trying to think of a name*
    "The dreaded...pickle fish!"

AliceShiki likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *shakes head again*
    *flaps tail*
    *hugs herself*
    *points to your legs*
    *puts both of her hands next to her head while having the index fingers pointing up*
    *opens and closes mouth*
    *crosses arms in an X symbol*

Haxagen likes this.